Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Top Contributors – August 2018

Alan_K
Deputy Mayor / Adjoint au Maire

Picture2.png

Hello Community,

We would like to thank everyone for the great conversations and for encouraging fellow members to seek support and answers on the Community.

Special thanks to the Community members listed below for supporting other Community members with their questions, providing detailed answers and building on the solutions provided by others.

A huge thank you to our Oracles, who go above and beyond by not only starting healthy discussions but also help others to better understand our services and contribute to our awesome Community on a daily basis.

Oracle.PNG

We would like to tip our hats to these awesome folks below for their efforts on a daily basis.  The efforts of the Top 1% are truly amazing! 

TOP1%.PNG

We also want to give a shout-out to the following members who have been active on the Community as well...   Keep it up!

top5%.PNG

Once again, congratulations to all our contributors for August! A monthly badge for your contribution level has been added to your Community profile.  A Community Reward will be given to all the contributors on a reward-eligible plan on your next payment due date.

rewardchaten.png

Want to learn more about how to be a top contributor? Getting started is easy. All you have to do is give help to your fellow Community members, acknowledge solutions, and share ideas.  And, of course, your suggestions and feedback will help us create a better experience for everyone.

Here’s how you can get started –

See a post you like? Show it some love and give it a bravo!

BRAVO START.png

If someone is able to deliver a great solution to your problem, mark their response as an “Accepted Solution” to appreciate the efforts of your helper.

aCCEPT AS sOLUTION.png

To learn more about how the Community works, visit our Community Knowledge Base Article. 

73 REPLIES 73

JL9
Mayor / Maire

Nice work again, everyone!!!

popping
Retired Oracle / Oracle Retraité

@Anonymous wrote:

Edit: Holy chocolate mole! @popping even more more newbie than me and Dunkman. Nice job!

I joined PM on the Friday before the infamous Saturday, July 28, maintenance upgrade which broke something.  That event gave me opportunity to learn how PM operates quickly and to help PM members with my mobile knowledge.  It was fun 6 weeks. Thank you for everyone who pointed out what I did wrong while I was learning.

@Dunkman wrote:

With over 1100 bravos in one month, @will13am has helped so many people on this forum.  Impressive accomplishment itself.  

PM should hire him as a moderator....  get things done more quickly.....  Smiley Happy

I second this!!!!

@happycamper wrote:

While it is great to see all the contributors honored and congratulated and we thank them for all their wonderful assistance to others....there is 1 contributor at the oracle level who is a very opinionated commentator who in some cases rather than provide helpful or encouraging information simply rants with his personal opinions which may be unwelcome and unncecessary  .... that oracle is W....am....so take some happy pills and reread your unnecessary tirades and/or critical comments which occur from time to time which serve no purpose other than to make you feel good...not the receipients or readers of your comments

In all parts of life, there are people who we aren't going to get along with.  We all have different personality traits, and something that one person considers rude or abrupt wouldn't be considered as such by someone else.  As for being an oracle, that doesn't mean that person isn't going to have opinions, and sometimes opinions do upset others, especially when/if they differ from our own.

With over 1100 bravos in one month, @will13am has helped so many people on this forum.  Impressive accomplishment itself.  

PM should hire him as a moderator....  get things done more quickly.....  Smiley Happy

bbdata
Model Citizen / Citoyen Modèle

Congratulations to all the contributors!

Anonymous
Not applicable

@RobertQc

I will click Reply.

I will scroll down a little.

Edit: I will click in the entry box Man Embarassed 🙂

I will type the full word in all of its entirety- Bravo

I will click Post...:)

SD08

@RobertQc wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

@will13am wrote:

Lol, badges are trinkets.  Show me the money instead.  Smiley Very Happy

Hey! No fair flaunting your 20 bucks in everyone's face! 🙂

$20 is the best money public mobile has ever spent to have him on their team

Indeed.  @will13am may get what looks like a bag of cash to us, but he gets the absolute worst $ per post mileage.

@Anonymous wrote:

@will13am wrote:

$20 is the best money public mobile has ever spent to have him on their team

Anonymous
Not applicable

@will13am wrote:

@happycamper

Really???

I would argue there are *2* Oracles far more opinionated / abrasive than W....am ever was...

But I would also counter this with the fact they are NOT Public employees and therefore free to post as they see fit

A long time ago someone tried to muzzle me as well Cat LOL

@happycamper wrote:

While it is great to see all the contributors honored and congratulated and we thank them for all their wonderful assistance to others....there is 1 contributor at the oracle level who is a very opinionated commentator who in some cases rather than provide helpful or encouraging information simply rants with his personal opinions which may be unwelcome and unncecessary  .... that oracle is W....am....so take some happy pills and reread your unnecessary tirades and/or critical comments which occur from time to time which serve no purpose other than to make you feel good...not the receipients or readers of your comments

Anonymous
Not applicable

@will13am wrote:

I will take this as a complement.  Thank you.  Smiley Happy

Please do. Thank YOU.

@Anonymous wrote:

1. Wow. I somehow managed to hit top 5% again. Nice.

2. Wow. @Dunkman. Top 1%. Nice for even more newbie than me.

3. Wow. Congrats to all reward winners.

4. Wow. happycamper. How to win friends and influence people.

Since no else seems willing... @will13am is another customer just like you and I. He's free to say what he likes when he likes. He may be crusty at times saying for himself that he does the dirty work but he keeps coming through with the help. Call him on something and he'll explain or he'll stand corrected. He's not so proud as to know if he's been wrong. He seems to want the best outcome for all comers.

Edit: Holy chocolate mole! @popping even more more newbie than me and Dunkman. Nice job!

I will take this as a complement.  Thank you.  Smiley Happy

@SD08 wrote:

@kav2001c wrote:

@SD08I am too lazy to check em all, spoiler please

Cat Tongue

I am guessing someone ported to Koodo ....

@computergeek541 wrote:

Since you're saying this is for fun, I would imagine that you would never make fun of someone else's accomplishments. Are you implying that your very own name shouldn't be there, even though your level of activity proves you more than worthy?

@kav2001c  @computergeek541

Nope.  I'm surprised no one has noticed yet.  So here it is...

Apparently, I have a good twin who actually does all the hard work earning rewards for me.  Smiley LOL

PMAugustTop5%_Twins.jpg

My theory as to what happened:
After adding my avatar, Alan K. realized that the 0 in my community username is the number, not the letter, and so added another avatar with the correct username, but forgot to remove the first one. (Look closely at the username attached to both avatars and you'll see a difference.)  Is that correct @Alan_K?

Unfortunately it doesn't advance my master plan to obtain a million badges.  Smiley Tongue

@Effort wrote:

Congrats and thanks.

On the road to free service for life.

Let's look for the fountain of youth together.  I take this to mean forever.  Smiley Happy

Anonymous
Not applicable

1. Wow. I somehow managed to hit top 5% again. Nice.

2. Wow. @Dunkman. Top 1%. Nice for even more newbie than me.

3. Wow. Congrats to all reward winners.

4. Wow. happycamper. How to win friends and influence people.

Since no else seems willing... @will13am is another customer just like you and I. He's free to say what he likes when he likes. He may be crusty at times saying for himself that he does the dirty work but he keeps coming through with the help. Call him on something and he'll explain or he'll stand corrected. He's not so proud as to know if he's been wrong. He seems to want the best outcome for all comers.

MoreYummy
Mayor / Maire

Congrats!  Its the time of the month.  Smiley Happy

Effort

Congrats and thanks.

On the road to free service for life.

SD08

@kav2001c wrote:

Cat Tongue

@computergeek541 wrote:

Since you're saying this is for fun, I would imagine that you would never make fun of someone else's accomplishments. Are you implying that your very own name shouldn't be there, even though your level of activity proves you more than worthy?

@kav2001c  @computergeek541

Nope.  I'm surprised no one has noticed yet.  So here it is...

Apparently, I have a good twin who actually does all the hard work earning rewards for me.  Smiley LOL

PMAugustTop5%_Twins.jpg

My theory as to what happened:
After adding my avatar, Alan K. realized that the 0 in my community username is the number, not the letter, and so added another avatar with the correct username, but forgot to remove the first one. (Look closely at the username attached to both avatars and you'll see a difference.)  Is that correct @Alan_K?

Unfortunately it doesn't advance my master plan to obtain a million badges.  Smiley Tongue

happycamper
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

Zhuoyu
Great Citizen / Super Citoyen

Congrats to all !

@SD08 wrote:

@Alan_K wrote:

We also want to give a shout-out to the following members who have been active on the Community as well...   Keep it up!

top5%.PNG

And now for a bit of fun...

The 5% badge indicates it was earned by 20 members, but there are 21 avatars in that graphic.  Can anyone spot the one that doesn't belong?  Smiley Wink

Dunkgirl
Deputy Mayor / Adjoint au Maire

Hope to be here in Octoboer 😄 this is why I signed up

shartomjam
Town Hero / Héro de la Ville

Congrats to all!  Another busy month with lots of help.

Cat Tongue

@SD08 wrote:

The 5% badge indicates it was earned by 20 members, but there are 21 avatars in that graphic.  Can anyone spot the one that doesn't belong?  Smiley Wink

RobertQc
Mayor / Maire

This is great work, nice job everyone 🙂

SD08

@Alan_K wrote:

top5%.PNG

loriann1969
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

Congratulations everyone!

sbreakin

Thanks to all that help & contribute & congrats to those who qualified for an award.

While most of us do this as a way to help others, it's great that PM bumped up some of the reward credits. 

And in addition to some reward credits, that's another badge in my collection. Helping often enough that have a badge for almost every month. 

Well done everyone, there are so many people stepping up and helping out that is what makes this community great. Remember though to provide accurate advice as early are the leading edge of customer support and want to facilitate the quickest resolution to all issues we can!!!

I am happy to help, but I am not a Customer Support Agent please do not include any personal info in a message to me. Click HERE to create a trouble ticket through SIMon the Chatbot *

Need Help? Let's chat.