Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Top Contributors - August 2016

Jeremy_M
Retraité / Retired
Retraité / Retired

Lithium-TopContributers-AugustBanner.png

Hello Community,

August is so much more than just the last month of the summer.  Here are some interesting facts about August that you may not know:

1. The Romans gave this month its name in 8BC, after the first Roman Emperor Augustus who ruled from 27BC until his death in AD14. Who knew?
  2. Before then, the month had been known as Sextilis, as it was the sixth of ten months in the Roman calendar, which began with March. Hmmm – what happened to January and February?
  3. The Anglo-Saxons called August “Weodmonath” meaning “weed month”. I totally get that.
  4. The birthstones for August are the peridot and the sardonyx and the flowers are the gladiolus and poppy. Okay – I’ve heard of a poppy.
  5. August was the 55th most common name given to a baby boy in Sweden in 2014. Do you know any Swedish people named August?

Who would have thought there would be so many interesting facts about the month of August? I’m proud to say that there are also some amazing things that happened within our Community for the month of August.

Here are a few highlights and call-outs that are much deserved:

1. Big shout-out to @Shazia_K and @Maria_M for their hard work in keeping the community engaged while assisting customers with their questions and concerns.
  2. A huge thank you to our Oracles, our Top 0.01% who go above and beyond of not only starting healthy discussions, but helping others to better understand our services and contributing to our awesome Community on a daily basis.

Oracles_top_july.png

1. We would like to tip our hats to the awesome folks below for not only providing feedback and support to our Community members, but also for building on the solutions provided by others. Together August’s Top 0.5% contributed to over 900 replies, and together received over 1,300 Bravo’s. Truly remarkable!

top 5.png

We also want to give a shout-out to these members who have been active as well – posting, answering questions, providing feedback and getting Bravos. Keep it up!

@kav2001c, @McLaren, @neo911, @Kayfun101, @manelgm, @ute1978, @TroyDaBes, @dboxtvinfo, @Chaos_Scorpio, @XJin and many more….

A monthly badge for your contribution level has been added to your Community profile.

reward_level_english.JPG

A Community Reward will be given to all the contributors on a reward-eligible plan on your next payment due date. Earning a Community Reward is easy. All you have to do is give help to your fellow Community members, acknowledge solutions, and share ideas.  And, of course, your suggestions and feedback will help us create a better experience for everyone.

Here’s how you can get started –

See a post you like? Show it some love and give it a bravo!

Bravos.png

If someone is able to deliver a great solution to your problem, mark their response as an “Accepted Solution” to appreciate the efforts of your helper Smiley Happy

AS.PNG

To learn more about visit our Community Wiki's

29 REPLIES 29

Y148
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

Hi Shazia,

My account set up to be auto pay, the plan is due yesterday, I suppose i should get auto pay.

But looks like my account was suspended.

@Shazia_K Can you check for me? 

I need to active my phone as soon as pls.

Thanks,

Shazia_K
Retraité / Retired
Retraité / Retired

@srlawren, haha! 😄 

* Please do not post private info such as: phone number, account number, pin etc.. This is a public forum.

srlawren
Retired Oracle / Oracle Retraité

Sure, @Shazia_K, ruin all my fun!  

>>> ALERT: I am not a moderator. For account or activation assistance, please click here.

Shazia_K
Retraité / Retired
Retraité / Retired

Hey Oracles, 

Please make sure not to move any comments from this thread as we are currently investigating the issue with posting, this is a great example to show.  

Thanks 🙂 

Shazia

* Please do not post private info such as: phone number, account number, pin etc.. This is a public forum.

Saray_O
Deputy Mayor / Adjoint au Maire

@srlawren Oh, I did! Our Community software has been acting weird today Cat Embarassed

*Please do not post private info such as: phone number, account number, pin etc.. This is a public forum.

srlawren

@Saray_O I think maybe you posted to the wrong thread?

>>> ALERT: I am not a moderator. For account or activation assistance, please click here.

Saray_O

@JasonT1983

I have answered your private message 😉 

*Please do not post private info such as: phone number, account number, pin etc.. This is a public forum.

Saray_O

Hi @Italis! 

As others have explained, there is usually nothing to worry about if you haven't lost service. But if you want, you can send me your phone number via private message and I can check that everything is OK with your account 🙂 

homer
Model Citizen / Citoyen Modèle

Congrats everyone 🙂

ckl
Town Hero / Héro de la Ville

Well done everyone!

Shazia_K
Retraité / Retired
Retraité / Retired

Congrats to everybody! you are all the reason behind this fun & awesome community! Heart

Thank you for your time and contribution Smiley Happy

@Jeremy_M thank you for the shout out! 😄

Cheers, 

Shazia

Kayfun101
I am so happy got my plan down too 110 for November but I can help more people here and see how low can I go that should be a slogan with pm mobile

Congrats to all!

i don't know how, but I got a couple reward dollars :-). Not bad for my first partial month 🙂

really glad lad that everyone has been helpful to me, and happy to assist where I can.

danette77

Congratulations everybody, keep up the great work Heart

Pier

Ohh!! Good job guys. Congratulations!!!!

pm1
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

Congrats everyone!

I was bored so did a bit of research, but it looks to me like badge system is all over the place

Anyone have any ideas?

http://productioncommunity.publicmobile.ca/t5/Discussions/Community-Badges/m-p/63426

See last post for raw number counts

If the top% are indeed a percentage of anything (posters, subscribers, bravos/solutions etc) I am baffled at the seeming randomness of the system 

Glad to make list again but very puzzled at terminology 

If the ranking is "top 0.5%" or "top 0.1%" the question is top of what?

It is not raw number of posters (evidenced by the seeming randomness of number of people earning badges) so what is Public sampling?

Any ideas?

Congratulation everyone for your awesome contribution. 

Let's keep that up..

JMCD

Congrats everyone, well done! Keep it up 😃

TroyDaBes
Congrats to everyone. Lets keep the community active and fun!

srlawren

I've actually been quite impressed with how many people have been stepping up and helping all the new (and existing!) community members lately.  Thank you all for making this a great community!  🙂

Chaos_Scorpio

I didnt expect to be a 5%. It was a huge suprise, Thanks for everything ... Yea we are a good family here. 

Rockdaddy22
It really is an honor to be back on the list after being away for a couple months. Congrats to everyone who participated in the busy month of August. It really is an amazing family we have here 🙂

imm1304

Congratulations to all the top contributors, enjoy your well-deserved rewards and badges 😄

A special note of thank you to our super moderators, @Mary_M and @Shazia_K, who have handled the busy times extremely well.  And thanks to all the members of the community, whether listed here or not, for their contributions in making this a positively welcoming and genuinely helpful place.

Special congrats to @McLaren on becoming a father.  

EDIT:  @Jeremy_M item 3 in the OP should be top 5% instead of 0.05%

Kayfun101

It's a honour to be in the top 4 thank you pm for everything and if you need any help in the future months I will be there

Mary_M
Retraité / Retired
Retraité / Retired

Hey,

Congratulations everyone 🙂

It's truly a pleasure having you on the community, assisting others and us as well. Keep up the great work Heart

Also a big thank you for the mention to @Jeremy_M 

We love you guys !

Mary

** Please do not post private info such as: phone number, account number, pin etc.. This is a public forum. **

neo911

Wooohooo.

So happy to be on this list.

Quite an honour indeed ! 🐵

Will try my best to contribute more in the coming months.

Thanks for the wonderful trivia on August @Jeremy_M

McLaren

A true honour to make it for the first time!  Being on paternity leave has allowed me to participate more when the little one goes to sleep. 

Congratulations to everyone especially the Oracle's and wonderful staff @Shazia_K and @Mary_M

Need Help? Let's chat.