cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Oracle

Re: Top Contributors - April 2020

@popping wrote:

@dabr is correct.  Oracle will pick the first post with correct answer as the solution.

Just to correct a slight misconception. I tend to award Solution to the best answer that I think will help someone using the search bar; even if it's the 10th correct answer. Sometimes the best answer is only the best, not totally correct even. I do admit to fits of grumpiness and whimsy that detract from reproducibility.

Curmudgeon Cartoon.jpg

>>> ALERT: I am not a moderator. Je ne suis pas un moderateur.
Highlighted
Deputy Mayor / Adjoint au Maire

Congratulations to everybody who made a simple contribution to helping those who are in need of technical or emotional support in April. Along the way, I read some great posts (happy in joining Public Mobile) and some sad posts (those who complained and wanting to leave)...Congratulations on your rewards, with a wish for many more months together here at Public Mobile.

Highlighted
Town Hero / Héro de la Ville

To many more months 

@mpcdesign 

Cheers 

Highlighted
Retired Oracle / Oracle Retraité

@pm-smayer97 wrote:

@Luddite wrote:

@z10user4 wrote:

As we soldier on...congrats to all reward recipients.

Still wish the OP listed names.

Not I. Let's dump the leaderboard too.

Grumpy Old Men 5y.jpg

Really? And yet you are here.... hmmm

I'd suggest to just get rid of this monthly annouucement. In it's current form, I don't see it as serving much more purpose than to provide a bravofest.

Highlighted
Model Citizen / Citoyen Modèle

I don't mind this as a thread... Maybe it gets old or something? If it does I'm not there yet... 

Highlighted
Town Hero / Héro de la Ville

Congratulations everybody! Another month well done, see you here again next time.

Please stay healthy!

Highlighted

@popping wrote:

@dabr is correct.  Oracle will pick the first post with correct answer as the solution.

I can attest that this is not true. Some might on occasion do this but there is no mandate or process for this.

Highlighted

@computergeek541 wrote:

@pm-smayer97 wrote:

@Luddite wrote:

@z10user4 wrote:

Grumpy Old Men 5y.jpg

I'd suggest to just get rid of this monthly annouucement. In it's current form, I don't see it as serving much more purpose than to provide a bravofest.

Why does there even need to be a vote on this? If you are not interested, is it that hard for anyone to stay away from this thread? Why must it be that those that are not interested need to dictate that those that see value in it cannot or should not have it?

Highlighted
Model Citizen / Citoyen Modèle

Hello everyone,

May I suggest that an easy to follow process be put in place on how Moderators choose solutions when the author of the topic has not chosen one within a specified time.

Think this would help the MODs

Eliza5

Highlighted
Retired Oracle / Oracle Retraité

@pm-smayer97 wrote:

@computergeek541 wrote:

@pm-smayer97 wrote:

@Luddite wrote:

@z10user4 wrote:

Grumpy Old Men 5y.jpg

Why does there even need to be a vote on this? If you are not interested, is it that hard for anyone to stay away from this thread? Why must it be that those that are not interested need to dictate that those that see value in it cannot or should not have it?

With the removal of the names of the top contributors, this annoucement is a contentless form letter. Further, Public Mobile has actually asked for the opinion about such stuff. My opinion is certainly not the only one, but many do share it. The annoucement emphasizes the numbers game which isn't what helps members, and based on that, the quality of the content in this Community has severely degraded with repetitive and often incorrect answers in a race to repond first and as many times as possible.