Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Deputy Mayor / Adjoint au Maire

Re: Top Contributors - April 2020

@Luddite wrote:

@z10user4 wrote:

As we soldier on...congrats to all reward recipients.

Still wish the OP listed names.

Not I. Let's dump the leaderboard too.

Grumpy Old Men 5y.jpg

Really? And yet you are here.... hmmm

Highlighted
Model Citizen / Citoyen Modèle

Congratulations to all contributors for this month.  Your assistance is what makes the community a great place to be.

Highlighted

Yes, congrats to all who participated. Whether you earned something or not, you still beenfit from the satisfaction of helping.

"And a big shout out as well to...."

So who is being shouted out?   😕

Highlighted
Mayor / Maire

Congrats on the savings this month.

Highlighted

👏Congratulations to all that contributed to the board. If you were rewarded its icing on the cake.👍

Highlighted

Congrat to all contributors for April! Thank you for taking the time to help us!

Highlighted

When you select a contributor's response as “Accepted Solution”, does it count more to the way Top Contributors are calculated?

Also, why can anyone select a response as “Accepted Solution”?  I had a question one time and I was waiting for full confirmation when my plan changed before I selected a response as “Accepted Solution” but someone picked a response as “Accepted Solution” before I could.

Mayor / Maire

@dac13 wrote:

When you select a contributor's response as “Accepted Solution”, does it count more to the way Top Contributors are calculated?

Also, why can anyone select a response as “Accepted Solution”?  I had a question one time and I was waiting for full confirmation when my plan changed before I selected a response as “Accepted Solution” but someone picked a response as “Accepted Solution” before I could.

The exact formula for awarding community rewards is not known.  It is probably a combination of bravos and solutions earned and time spent on the community.

From the knowledgebase: 

https://productioncommunity.publicmobile.ca/t5/Knowledge-Base/General-Reward-Rules/ta-p/164

The Community Reward

How does it work?

Based on your level of involvement with our Community, you can earn up to $20 every 30 days. The amount you are rewarded depends on your contribution level relative to overall contribution, which can change month to month even if you contribute very consistently. You can only ever qualify for one (1) Community Reward in a 30-day period, and you must act in accordance with Community Terms of Service at all times. 

(Someone correct me if I am mistaken) I believe that if  you do not pick an Accepted Solution after a period of time an Oracle will go through the postings and choose one. 

Highlighted
Mayor / Maire

@JoyLuck  wrote:

(Someone correct me if I am mistaken) I believe that if  you do not pick an Accepted Solution after a period of time an Oracle will go through the postings and choose one.

@JoyLuck  Yes most of the time I believe one of the oracles (usually Luddite) goes through some of the threads that are at least one week old and pick the best answer if OP hasn't bothered to, although I'd guess that he doesn't get around to picking a solution for all threads that were left without a solution.   Even some of the mods were also recently assigning solutions to some much older threads too, but I'm not sure if they are still doing that.

Highlighted
Mayor / Maire

@dabr is correct.  Oracle will pick the first post with correct answer as the solution.

Need Help? Let's chat.