cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Top Contributors - April 2020

Silvio_M
Customer Support Agent

Hi Community,

Thank you to everyone who contributed to the great conversations on the Community last month! The Community could not be such a great place to get support without you all.

We’d like to give a special thanks to all our members who earned Community Rewards for their contributions. These members were able to make a big impact and support their fellow Community members by providing detailed and high-quality solutions.

A huge thank you to our Oracles, who go above and beyond by not only starting healthy discussions but also help others to better understand our services and contribute to our awesome Community on a daily basis.

A big congrats to the 4 Community members who earned the Top 1% Reward. The daily work of these awesome folks is truly amazing!

And a big shout out as well to the 13 members who earned the Top 5% Reward and the 16 members who were in the Top 10%! Their contributions to the Community should not go unnoticed.

Together, the Community members in the top 1%, 5% and 10% had a total of 428 accepted solutions in April. Thank you all for your amazing work!

A monthly badge for your contribution level has been added to your Community profile.  A Community Reward will be given to all the contributors on a reward-eligible plan on your next payment due date.

Reward Chart.png

Want to learn more about how to be a top contributor? Getting started is easy. All you have to do is give help to your fellow Community members, acknowledge solutions, and share ideas.  And, of course, your suggestions and feedback will help us create a better experience for everyone.

Here’s how you can get started –

See a post you like? Show it some love and give it a bravo!

Silvio_M_0-1589220881000.png

If someone is able to deliver a great solution to your problem, mark their response as an “Accepted Solution” to appreciate the efforts of your helper.

Silvio_M_1-1589220881012.png

• The Public Mobile Community Team
99 REPLIES 99

@shoops 

The top 1% level is s full time job....quite literally. Top 5% part time....bare minimum 20 hours per week+, top 10% 2 hours a day....the other badges of 25% and 50% depend on participation levels as they all do.....but this gives you an idea of the time commitment involved. You can make more money working 1 hour at minimum wage than you can being in the top 1%.

@shoops The amount of Community particpation needed for each reward level changes each month. There is no preset way to predict this.

shoops
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

So out of curiousity how much time/replies, etc... do users require to put in to get Top 10%, 25% or 50%?  What kind of time, effort to be in Top 1%, 5%?!!!  Just curious... 

yanzhiqiang
Deputy Mayor / Adjoint au Maire

Congratulation to all !

@will13am 

I try to always  choose my words carefully....as I've learned this past month by the poor choice of a country as an example.....your words can have consequences  whether they are intended or not.

@darlicious wrote:

Congratulations to everyone who participated in the community in April as we learn how to adapt to our new normal both in our personal lives and our time spent here in the community. Many of our members are off work and school and its reflected on the community with a larger group receiving rewards especially newbies and first time badge holders....your efforts are appreciated as you learn all about public mobile and how to manage your accounts, recieve online help and when and how to contact the moderators.

Some of our newest members have taken to the community like flies to honey! They had stellar performances of reaching new heights on the bravo leaderboard by helping out on the community with an overtime sheet that would make a payroll accountant's blood boil. Along the way they have been mentored by the highly experienced and seasoned team oracle team of @Luddite, , @mimmo @will13am , @NDesai , @computergeek541 and @ShawnC13 . They have taught us about the value of a bravo, when to choose a solution, why they move or split threads, the importance of staying on topic and what category/board to post or ask your question in. The oracles also learned from us this month....that as they mentor and guide community members by correcting our mistakes, praising our posts, cajoling, admonishing and sometimes criticizing us they need to choose their words carefully as not every member takes constructive criticism the same and as we are all ultimately customers  we need to remember to treat each other respect. This has brought their kinder, gentler side proving they really aren't a bunch of grumpy old men! ( lol! )

As the weather warms up and pandemic restrictions slowly begin to be lifted all community members continue your good works by contributing and actively participating in the community by helping, caring and sharing as you can see by the badges in your profile and the rewards in your accounts public mobile does appreciate and acknowledges your contributions. Keep making a difference and adding to the diversity of the community.

As a tribute to @CannonFodder  previous efforts and for those enquiring minds that just need to know or see their name in the bright lights.....here you go....

Spoiler

Top 1% :     gblackma, Joyluck, liketotalk, geopublic

Top 5% :    z10user4, darlicious, Naepalm, gpixel4, ArmandoUrso, Triguy, popping, hairbag, Staliger, jb456, fdcamb519, mpcdesign, dabr                                        

Top 10% :  kselmak, RossN, LurganleUk, brettster99, Dunkman, Nezgar, totaluser, AE_Collector, Cannonfodder, LoveToPM, ddeep91, PawPrints1986, zblackma, Daps, nanqui, Korth

Flattery will get you everywhere.  😑

darlicious
Mayor / Maire

Congratulations to everyone who participated in the community in April as we learn how to adapt to our new normal both in our personal lives and our time spent here in the community. Many of our members are off work and school and its reflected on the community with a larger group receiving rewards especially newbies and first time badge holders....your efforts are appreciated as you learn all about public mobile and how to manage your accounts, recieve online help and when and how to contact the moderators.

Some of our newest members have taken to the community like flies to honey! They had stellar performances of reaching new heights on the bravo leaderboard by helping out on the community with an overtime sheet that would make a payroll accountant's blood boil. Along the way they have been mentored by the highly experienced and seasoned team oracle team of @Luddite, , @mimmo @will13am , @NDesai , @computergeek541 and @ShawnC13 . They have taught us about the value of a bravo, when to choose a solution, why they move or split threads, the importance of staying on topic and what category/board to post or ask your question in. The oracles also learned from us this month....that as they mentor and guide community members by correcting our mistakes, praising our posts, cajoling, admonishing and sometimes criticizing us they need to choose their words carefully as not every member takes constructive criticism the same and as we are all ultimately customers  we need to remember to treat each other respect. This has brought their kinder, gentler side proving they really aren't a bunch of grumpy old men! ( lol! )

As the weather warms up and pandemic restrictions slowly begin to be lifted all community members continue your good works by contributing and actively participating in the community by helping, caring and sharing as you can see by the badges in your profile and the rewards in your accounts public mobile does appreciate and acknowledges your contributions. Keep making a difference and adding to the diversity of the community.

As a tribute to @CannonFodder  previous efforts and for those enquiring minds that just need to know or see their name in the bright lights.....here you go....

Spoiler

Top 1% :     gblackma, Joyluck, liketotalk, geopublic

Top 5% :    z10user4, darlicious, Naepalm, gpixel4, ArmandoUrso, Triguy, popping, hairbag, Staliger, jb456, fdcamb519, mpcdesign, dabr                                        

Top 10% :  kselmak, RossN, LurganleUk, brettster99, Dunkman, Nezgar, totaluser, AE_Collector, Cannonfodder, LoveToPM, ddeep91, PawPrints1986, zblackma, Daps, nanqui, Korth

@computergeek541 wrote:

With the removal of the names of the top contributors, this annoucement is a contentless form letter. Further, Public Mobile has actually asked for the opinion about such stuff. My opinion is certainly not the only one, but many do share it. The annoucement emphasizes the numbers game which isn't what helps members, and based on that, the quality of the content in this Community has severely degraded with repetitive and often incorrect answers in a race to repond first and as many times as possible.

We definitely agree that this thread as it is now is contentless...but rather than dissuade having this thread, that is why I and others advocate to restore the list of monikers of top earners. Otherwise, the "shout out" by PM are just empty words, like this thread.

As for the content of the forum replies, it is always a tough balance of how you encourage participation without degrading quality. Whatever the incentive provided, there will always be some that will try to push the limits. The only alternative to eliminate that is to eliminate incentives. But then that undermines one of PM's objectives to building an active community.

Especially in the context of COVID-19, though not exclusively, the Bravofest, as someone put it, achieves a small sense of connection and that participation PM seeks. And if there is any reward associated with it, not only is any one's earning relative, it results in extremely small rewards, like a grocery store coupon or two. So it really does not matter.

Anyway, there is lots of evidence that simply removing this thread will not have much of an impact...case in point based on feedback is that many who do seek to earn and are actually earning, either are not aware of this thread or do not bother to come here.

@computergeek541, i also like to add that by removing the names on the list is also a privacy act as well. Some people don't like their names posted, even though, it's a tag name, some people believe it still an invasion of privacy.

I do agree with you on the leaderboard, it leads to who can get the most bravos in a short period of time, and one can check if they can get more than the next person. A couple of weeks ago, I decided to step back from it all because I didn't see any value of it all. 

I have noticed a change that there aren't as many bravoes going around as before. But, that could be because the new people have been told otherwise, but, you'll always get new people trying to beat the system. 

@Eliza5 wrote:

Hello everyone,

May I suggest that an easy to follow process be put in place on how Moderators choose solutions when the author of the topic has not chosen one within a specified time.

Think this would help the MODs

Eliza5

This is entirely at the descretion of moderators, Public Mobile staff, and Oracles.

@pm-smayer97 wrote:

@computergeek541 wrote:

@pm-smayer97 wrote:

@Luddite wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

As we soldier on...congrats to all reward recipients.

Still wish the OP listed names.

Not I. Let's dump the leaderboard too.

Grumpy Old Men 5y.jpg

Really? And yet you are here.... hmmm

I'd suggest to just get rid of this monthly annouucement. In it's current form, I don't see it as serving much more purpose than to provide a bravofest.

Why does there even need to be a vote on this? If you are not interested, is it that hard for anyone to stay away from this thread? Why must it be that those that are not interested need to dictate that those that see value in it cannot or should not have it?

With the removal of the names of the top contributors, this annoucement is a contentless form letter. Further, Public Mobile has actually asked for the opinion about such stuff. My opinion is certainly not the only one, but many do share it. The annoucement emphasizes the numbers game which isn't what helps members, and based on that, the quality of the content in this Community has severely degraded with repetitive and often incorrect answers in a race to repond first and as many times as possible.

Eliza5
Model Citizen / Citoyen Modèle

Hello everyone,

May I suggest that an easy to follow process be put in place on how Moderators choose solutions when the author of the topic has not chosen one within a specified time.

Think this would help the MODs

Eliza5

@computergeek541 wrote:

@pm-smayer97 wrote:

@Luddite wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

Grumpy Old Men 5y.jpg

I'd suggest to just get rid of this monthly annouucement. In it's current form, I don't see it as serving much more purpose than to provide a bravofest.

Why does there even need to be a vote on this? If you are not interested, is it that hard for anyone to stay away from this thread? Why must it be that those that are not interested need to dictate that those that see value in it cannot or should not have it?

@popping wrote:

@dabr is correct.  Oracle will pick the first post with correct answer as the solution.

I can attest that this is not true. Some might on occasion do this but there is no mandate or process for this.

Daps

Congratulations everybody! Another month well done, see you here again next time.

Please stay healthy!

Pawprints1986

I don't mind this as a thread... Maybe it gets old or something? If it does I'm not there yet... 

@pm-smayer97 wrote:

@Luddite wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

Grumpy Old Men 5y.jpg

brettster99

To many more months 

@mpcdesign 

Cheers 

Congratulations to everybody who made a simple contribution to helping those who are in need of technical or emotional support in April. Along the way, I read some great posts (happy in joining Public Mobile) and some sad posts (those who complained and wanting to leave)...Congratulations on your rewards, with a wish for many more months together here at Public Mobile.

@popping wrote:

@dabr is correct.  Oracle will pick the first post with correct answer as the solution.

Just to correct a slight misconception. I tend to award Solution to the best answer that I think will help someone using the search bar; even if it's the 10th correct answer. Sometimes the best answer is only the best, not totally correct even. I do admit to fits of grumpiness and whimsy that detract from reproducibility.

Curmudgeon Cartoon.jpg

>>> ALERT: I am not a CSA. Je ne suis pas un Agent du soutien à la clientèle.

popping
Retired Oracle / Oracle Retraité

@JoyLuck  wrote:

(Someone correct me if I am mistaken) I believe that if  you do not pick an Accepted Solution after a period of time an Oracle will go through the postings and choose one.

@JoyLuck  Yes most of the time I believe one of the oracles (usually Luddite) goes through some of the threads that are at least one week old and pick the best answer if OP hasn't bothered to, although I'd guess that he doesn't get around to picking a solution for all threads that were left without a solution.   Even some of the mods were also recently assigning solutions to some much older threads too, but I'm not sure if they are still doing that.

@dac13 wrote:

When you select a contributor's response as “Accepted Solution”, does it count more to the way Top Contributors are calculated?

Also, why can anyone select a response as “Accepted Solution”?  I had a question one time and I was waiting for full confirmation when my plan changed before I selected a response as “Accepted Solution” but someone picked a response as “Accepted Solution” before I could.

The exact formula for awarding community rewards is not known.  It is probably a combination of bravos and solutions earned and time spent on the community.

From the knowledgebase: 

https://productioncommunity.publicmobile.ca/t5/Knowledge-Base/General-Reward-Rules/ta-p/164

The Community Reward

How does it work?

Based on your level of involvement with our Community, you can earn up to $20 every 30 days. The amount you are rewarded depends on your contribution level relative to overall contribution, which can change month to month even if you contribute very consistently. You can only ever qualify for one (1) Community Reward in a 30-day period, and you must act in accordance with Community Terms of Service at all times. 

(Someone correct me if I am mistaken) I believe that if  you do not pick an Accepted Solution after a period of time an Oracle will go through the postings and choose one. 

dac13

When you select a contributor's response as “Accepted Solution”, does it count more to the way Top Contributors are calculated?

Also, why can anyone select a response as “Accepted Solution”?  I had a question one time and I was waiting for full confirmation when my plan changed before I selected a response as “Accepted Solution” but someone picked a response as “Accepted Solution” before I could.

Nanqui

Congrat to all contributors for April! Thank you for taking the time to help us!

zblackma

👏Congratulations to all that contributed to the board. If you were rewarded its icing on the cake.👍

Congrats on the savings this month.

Yes, congrats to all who participated. Whether you earned something or not, you still beenfit from the satisfaction of helping.

"And a big shout out as well to...."

So who is being shouted out?   😕

Dolphin1

Congratulations to all contributors for this month.  Your assistance is what makes the community a great place to be.

@Luddite wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

Grumpy Old Men 5y.jpg

Need Help? Let's chat.