cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Today is the last day to get $47 for 4GB!

Cat_L
Retraité / Retired
Retraité / Retired

Hello Community, 

As they say, all good things come to an end, so we wanted to give you a heads up that the $47 for 4GB promotion will expire today at 11:59pm.

Kind of like this awesome magical genie:

via GIPHY

81 REPLIES 81

harryoh52
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

@wetcoaster wrote:

@chuirich wrote:

Hi, I just signed up today with Public Mobile - for some reason I did not see the $47 deal, ended up paying $50.00/30 days for 4G LTE. 

@chuirich

Did you choose the 90day option?

Hmm I also see $150.  I signed up two days ago so I'm safe but my friends were planning to switch today too...  

Will the promos just be automatically applied afterwards?

mtfolks
Town Hero / Héro de la Ville

@hanyj123 In my opinion it's worth it based on your monthly plan price with Rogers. PM runs off the Telus/Bell network and I've found it slightly better than when I was with Rogers. 

You're gonna lose Canada wide but you can always purchase a LD addon and it never expires. Just rolls over until it's used up. Really depends how often you call out of province. 

Also PM is a bring your own phone provider so if you're looking at upgrading you have to purchase a new handset elsewhere. 

All that being said I've been with PM for 7 months and couldn't be happier. Saving tons of money without sacrificing network quality.  

@CalvinW wrote:

Dang, thought that was regular pricing 

You know the old cliche, s/he who hesitates is lost.  If you don't jump on this one, your complaints are just going to be louder and louder.

@chuirich wrote:

Hi, I just signed up today with Public Mobile - for some reason I did not see the $47 deal, ended up paying $50.00/30 days for 4G LTE. 

@chuirich

Did you choose the 90day option?

@hanyj123 wrote:

OMG. I ordered two sim cards yesterday but the promotion ends today?

Should I go to the walmart to get sim cards? Is it worth it?

Currently I am with Rogers  (6GB shared date, unlimited canada-wide, 2 lines for CAD150 + HST). 

I don’t even see the promotion on the Promotion tab. Is it still available plan.?

@hanyj123

The promo is available until tonight, September 22, 11:59 EDT.

Only you can decide if it's worth it to you to switch to PM.

If the answer is yes, getting two SIM cards at Walmart or WOW this afternoon is one option. The other would be getting in touch with @canucks4life who posted earlier in this thread that they have some SIM cards available and follow @Shazia_K's suggestion above.

chuirich

hanyj123

OMG. I ordered two sim cards yesterday but the promotion ends today?

Should I go to the walmart to get sim cards? Is it worth it?

Currently I am with Rogers  (6GB shared date, unlimited canada-wide, 2 lines for CAD150 + HST). 

I don’t even see the promotion on the Promotion tab. Is it still available plan.?

mtfolks

@wetcoaster That's actually still pretty decent regular pricing for 4gb/30 days. Especially, considering the flexibility of a 90 day plan when it comes to data usage.

Hopefully also means will still see some competitively priced promos in the future. I wasn't so sure that would be the case after the last price change and addition of 3G plans. Feels like all that complaining was worth it now. 😉

@CalvinW wrote:

**bleep**, thought that was regular pricing 

Everything else is, it looks like they just put an additional $9/90days discount on the 4GB LTE plan. If I'm not mistaken new regular price will be $150/90days (before autopay reward) after midnight.

CalvinW
Deputy Mayor / Adjoint au Maire

Dang, thought that was regular pricing 

Shazia_K
Retraité / Retired
Retraité / Retired

@mimmo

That's actually very nice of you! thank you guys you are all so awesome! Heart

If you don't mind, I would like to give a suggestion here. @mimmo if you want you can PM her with the SIM card # and @Kate_G can activate her account with that SIM card #. Once, she receives her SIM card via the mail, we can simply swap the SIM card # in her account. 

I hope that my suggestion will help with taking advantage of this great deal! 

Have a lovely weekend all! 🙂

Shazia

* Please do not post private info such as: phone number, account number, pin etc.. This is a public forum.

mimmo
Retired Oracle / Oracle Retraité

@Kate_G I have a spare sim I can send you the number and then mail you the sim.

mtfolks

DEFINITELY follow @imm1304's extremely good advice if you're able to otherwise you're likely going to be stuck. If you pick one up in store you can have it activated it in about 15 minutes. Any issues during activation just PM a mod and they're always super helpful in resolving any activation problems. Good luck!

@Kate_G wrote:

I ordered my SIM card earlier this week but it won't be here in time for this deal - are there any concessions for new customers who tried to take advantage but were not given enough time? 

I fear the fine-print was quite clear about this. You can always contact the moderator team with proof that you ordered in the 4 days the promo was on?

The other option would be to check with your local Walmart electronics department or WOW store to see if you can pick up a SIM from them today?

Or post your location, there might be members of this community who have a spare SIM they would part with?

mtfolks

@Kate_G They've been putting this in the fine print ever since the Fall Promo fiasco...

• The end date communicated is the last day any new customer from Freedom mobile can port-in and activate on the promotional plan. The promotion will not be honoured after the communicated end date for any SIM cards that have not been activated on the specified plan by the deadline. This includes SIM cards that have been purchased online, and have not yet arrived or been activated.

imm1304
Retired Oracle / Oracle Retraité

Hey @Kate_G

You can go to the nearest walmart or wow mobile and buy a sim card.

If thats not possible, you may have to send a private message to @CS_Agent and ask your specific question.  Provide your sim order number to them.  

Kate_G

I ordered my SIM card earlier this week but it won't be here in time for this deal - are there any concessions for new customers who tried to take advantage but were not given enough time? 

canucks4life

I still have a couple SIM cards in Metro Vancouver if somebody needs one today for a referral of course Cat Wink

ShawnC13
Oracle
Oracle

Wow that was a quick sale.  I hope there were a lot of people who took advantage of it as this is probably the best pricing we will see now.  Seems to have been a few posts about how to switch so I am sure we have a few new members!!

I am happy to help, but I am not a Customer Support Agent please do not include any personal info in a message to me. Click HERE to create a trouble ticket through SIMon the Chatbot *

@NDesai

Well, it stuck a bit longer than the last one. 😉

I'm not sure how many potential sign-ups are not close to a retail outlet and miss out on this because they ordered their SIM on the website and it hasn't arrived in time. Hope there will be another good promo coming soon that they can us it for.

NDesai
Oracle
Oracle

Wow, much sooner than expected. Oh well, stay tuned for more 🙂

Need Help? Let's chat.