Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Time to say goodbye

Jeremy_M
Retraité / Retired
Retraité / Retired

Hey Community,

It’s with mixed emotions that I announce to you today my departure from Public Mobile as a Community Manager.

Over 2 years ago I had the opportunity to start my journey with Public Mobile, and let me tell you it was a journey that I will never forget. I’m blessed to have met and worked with many of you who have helped to create the awesome Community we have today. I’m also pleased with the progression and the liveliness of this community – it’s like none other out there and it’s all thanks to you. The level of engagement, interaction and health of our community is beyond what I would ever imagine and truly first in class when compared to others.

Who would have ever thought a Telecom company can be fully supported with an online Community of believers and no call center? Together we’ve accomplished many things, disagreed and agreed on many things, but we have always worked together, in unison, to support others who also took a chance in dealing with an online only telecom company.

I would also like to recognize our Oracles @srlawren, @Rockdaddy22@imm1304@NDesai @Luddite. They truly lived up to their titles and so much couldn’t have been done without their compassion towards the community and of course - supporting others. Additionally, I would like to thank the Mods. They’re a unique bunch and I’m truly amazed of the awesome work they’ve accomplished to date – The best group of people I ever supportedRobot wink

I also owe a multitude of thanks to @Martin. Martin is no longer with us, but I’m sure he’s watching over us from the mothership, with a colander on his head! R.I.P my friend.

Going forward there is still much to do, and there are still many opportunities that need to be addressed. With your engagement and support, I’m sure you will accomplish many amazing things.

As our Community continues to evolve, so does our customer support. When we first launched the Community, your questions were addressed by me, your Community Manager. Shortly thereafter, we introduced our amazing @Moderator_Team, who has been there to help answer any questions that cannot be answered by your fellow Community members. Given that our moderator team is such a strong, capable group, with whom many of you have developed strong relations, the role of the new Community Manager will be changing. Now, the role will be more behind-the-scenes, working very closely with the @CS_Agent, and incorporating your feedback so we can continue to improve upon the Community. While you may not hear from the new Community Manager as you did from me, you can rest assured that she will be closely in-tune with what is going on.

As for myself - I’ve taken an opportunity with our sister brand Koodo, so I won’t be too far away and I’ll make sure to come and visit every now and then. Again – thank you for being so awesome, thank you for everything you’ve done, and I look forward to hearing amazing things in the near future.

Cheers,

Jeremy M

83 REPLIES 83

Haha so good, and now I'll be imagining you singing it every time there is a reply 😛

Clefort88
Model Citizen / Citoyen Modèle

I’m just going to say, every time I get an email about a reply to this topic, or even scroll past it on the forums, I hear the remarkably beautiful voice of André Bochelli singing “Time To Say Goodbye” and thus, if I am home, launch into my own solo of it. 

Cheers 😍🙄 haha 

danielj
Town Hero / Héro de la Ville

@WearySky 

Jeremy is still awesome. He just won't be available to share his awesomeness with us as much. Here's hoping Jeremy's replacement is just as awesome as Jeremy.

WearySky
Deputy Mayor / Adjoint au Maire

All the best, Jeremy! Here's hoping your replacement is just as awesome as you were! 😛

youbme

Thank you for all your hard work with PM @Jeremy_M and best of luck in your new role with Koodo - they are lucky to have you!

ChopstickHero

Good luck at Koodo @Jeremy_M!

Audit13

I'd like to wish you the best of luck in all of your future endeavours.

Thanks for all that you have done for the community. 

Cheers 👏

All the best, hope you'll enjoy your new projects and challenges!

danielj
Town Hero / Héro de la Ville

Thank you, @Jeremy_M for all the hard work and effort put in. Glad your still come to visit. Good luck a Koodo.

Noosiekins

All the best @Jeremy_M!!

Acekiller

Best of luck in future!

imm1304
Retired Oracle / Oracle Retraité

Hi @Jeremy_M!

I am sad to see you go.  You have been around since the start and we have grown accustomed to you.  Having said that, I am very happy to hear that you are moving on to better opportunities.  Thank you very much for everything you did for us.  It has been a pleasure to serve as an Oracle and keep in touch with you throughout the year.  

Wishing you the best and do hope to keep in touch.

neatooo

Sad to see you go, but happy to hear you will be moving on to better opportunities. Catch you on the flip side, and I don't mean 'See you tomorrow' 😄

Good luck!

@SD08You are actually waiting for it to happen.  Smiley Happy  Its part of your public mobile plan. 

@SD08 wrote:

@MoreYummy wrote:

@Jeremy_MWhat's your new roll in koodoo?  Merge both brand togerther? 

NoooMeme.jpg

pakmode

@Jeremy_M Thank you for your service.

Good luck in your future endeavours. 

denkom

All the best!

nishufan

@Jeremy_M

Thank you for your hard working here and wish you the best of luck on your new job. Don't forget to visit our lovely community. You still a part of our community.Smiley Very Happy 

homer

Good luck and best wishes to you @Jeremy_M

Michael77

@Jeremy_M,

I hope you didn't abandon ship knowing PM is going down. If that is the case, don't let us sink and take us with you. 😉 🙂

All the best in your future endeavours. You will be missed. Thanks for all your help. Please try to keep in contact. 

crazycolby
Great Citizen / Super Citoyen

good luck with your new job

SD08

@MoreYummy wrote:

@Jeremy_MWhat's your new roll in koodoo?  Merge both brand togerther? 

NoooMeme.jpg

@Jeremy_MWhat's your new roll in koodoo?  Merge both brand togerther?  Smiley Happy

Mana
Mayor / Maire

@Jeremy_M thank you sooooo much for all your support and hard work. 

We will all miss you very much. 

Good luck with your new job!!

dna2016

Definitely a big loss for Public Mobile, you are a very instrumental factor to the success of this company and the community forum.  You have for sure paved the way and have shown what true customer service and support is all about.  I wish you nothing but absolute success in your next chapter with Koodo, they are definitely adding a true assit to their team now.  

Good luck to you, and hopefully another @Jeremy_M will rise for PM.

SD08

Ohh... I go away for a bit and I come back to see that @Jeremy_M is leaving?  Smiley Surprised

You will be missed.  Thanks for all that you've done for the community, and that includes being a pin-cushion for our complaints and ideas, big and small.  You were obviously very engaged with this project that is the PM community.  I especially enjoyed the humorous personal touch you brought (memes, GIFs, etc.).  

Congrats and I wish you all the best in your new position at Koodo. 

Jonavin

Good luck on the new gig.

lukevader

Hmmm, interesting. Is this the beginning or the end for pm? Does he know something he cant share¿ If it is, please make sure you get koodo to send us all those switch texts when you get over there. 🙂

If shazia and Mary leave soon then I guess I'll start worrying. 

@ute1978 wrote:

Oh my! I didn't expect those news today. Does this mean we should follow suit?

Where there is smoke, there is fire.  Never be too complacent...

jt17g
Great Citizen / Super Citoyen

Thanks for helpinh the community past 2 years Heart

Take care and good luckSmiley Happy

Pier

Come back any time @Jeremy_M. PM is your second home.... we’ll miss. Unfortunately we don’t have a last good promo before your departure. Hopefully the new CM will bring big happiness. 

Good luck!!!!!

Need Help? Let's chat.