Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Time for a fresh phone?

Moid_I
Retraité / Retired
Retraité / Retired

community EN.jpeg

We know some of you had concerns about having to bring your own phone to Public Mobile.  What happens when I need a new phone? Where do I go? So we are now working with Orchard to offer customers an affordable way to get a new phone and not have to worry about getting sold a defective, lost or stolen phone.

Orchard has a line-up of quality factory refreshed smartphones that are essentially as good as new starting at only $80!

And every phone comes with a 30-day warranty. Pretty cool, right? You can also extend the warranty to 1 year for only $50 with Orchard Care.

Check out Orchard now and see their full line-up of factory refreshed phones from Apple, Samsung, HTC and BlackBerry.

To learn more about our partnership, click here 

22 REPLIES 22

jellybean
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

Done... thanks.

@jellybean FYI: If you would like PM to consider ideas they need to be posted under Public Lab.

I think the main Orchard web site you meant was Orchard. They do have 5S's compatible with PM; i.e. unlocked and Telus/Koodo.

>>> ALERT: I am not a CSA. Je ne suis pas un Agent du soutien à la clientèle.

jellybean

The public mobile orchard link https://publicmobile.getorchard.com/search/index/ does not show as many options for purchase as the normal public site https://publicmobile.getorchard.com/search/index/.   For example - at this time no iPhone 5S is available and no option to even set an alert to watch for it (grrr).

I see that the publicmobile site only has refurbished phones and understand the rationale, but given we are a frugal bunch by nature I think we should at least have the option to buy phones in other conditions (at our own risk) and a small discount compared to the general public.

Martin
Legend
Legend
@mtm,

With regard to your post about people wanting to increase their ranking, I'm a grandfathered customer. As such, I do not receive any discounts, rewards, credits or any form of compensation for my posts.

Insofar as so-called useless posts are concerned, they serve a purpose, namely, to humanize the community. Further, about a week ago, I checked with PM to see if my posts about Bob and Sue, with @Luddite and me communicating with them on the Mother Ship via inverted colanders was still acceptable. I was told in no uncertain terms that humour like that was perfectly A-OK.

FYI.

PublicEcho
Great Citizen / Super Citoyen

Do they buy phones? 

Where are they getting the phones from to sell it for a low price?

@mtm You're entitled to hold whatever opinions you like. But please be careful when making comments that could be perceived as hurtful to other members of the community.

I say this specifically because a couple of the members whose comments you are referring to are senior and well-established members of the community. Atleast one of them (and possibly the other too, I'm not sure) has said multiple times that he is ineligible for rewards since he's on a legacy plan. So his dedication to this community is not for monetary reward but just for the sake of community (and PM) itself.

Also, I consider it noteworthy to mention that in any online forum (I'm a member of a few others), off-topic banter does serve to keep the community alive and close-knit. We're all human beings who lead varied, multi-faceted lives. And so sometimes it helps if an online community can connect to more than one aspect of our lives.

Then again, like I said, you're free to believe whatever it is you'd like to, and make comments as per your preferences. But please remember to not offend others. Especially the senior members here, whom I personally know to be very helpful and attentive to those seeking assistance on this forum.

mtm

I noticed some irrelevent comments regarding this announcement (congrats on becoming town hero and soon to be a town mayor, and adding town mayor to resume, etc...)  I thought I'd add my own useless two cents too.  Seems that many do this(comment for sake of commenting) to increase their rankings, and it's ok because it's a diverse community.

I will endeavour to continue this until I become a Mayor too...when in Rome, do as the Romans do

yads

@Luddite wrote:

@yads Have never seen refurbed iPhones from Apple, only Orchard in Canada. See some labeled "Refurbished" on Amazon but don't recognize the vendors. Lowest price new iPhone is the 5s at $600.

Oh I never said they were refurbished.

@yads Have never seen refurbed iPhones from Apple, only Orchard in Canada. See some labeled "Refurbished" on Amazon but don't recognize the vendors. Lowest price new iPhone is the 5s at $600.

@newhere PM specific phones from Orchard include some other brands. Check here: https://publicmobile.getorchard.com/search/featured

newhere

Hmm, only seeing iPhones on their site. Would much rather an Android-ready device. Any idea if Orchard ever offered this option?

savioceg

Is it being shipped free inside ontario ? It says the phone comes with 30 day warranty . How about the apple id setup ? Did someone face any issues while creating / syncing data with your existing apple id ?

tylejami335

PM is the best company ever!

Martin
Legend
Legend
@Luddite,

Let us not forget that "Town Mayor" can be referenced in a résumé when seeking employment. I have no doubt that it would evoke a unique reaction.

Cheers.

@Martin wrote:
@Luddite,

Congratulations on becoming a Town Hero! I have no doubt that you will be a Deputy Mayor in the near future.

Cheers.

'Ta. @Martin

Little did I realize patience and persistance leads to such glories, in addition to resolving service issues. Smiley Wink

Martin
Legend
Legend
@Luddite,

Congratulations on becoming a Town Hero! I have no doubt that you will be a Deputy Mayor in the near future.

Cheers.

Luddite
Oracle
Oracle

Pleased to see they now offer some less expensive phones. For novices, or the lazy, it's certainly an easy way to get a PM configured phone. Plus it seems they put a new battery in each phone, which is $100 from Apple.

Bigmac
Model Citizen / Citoyen Modèle

Good morning @kaytus, it's Refreshed...

kaytus
Town Hero / Héro de la Ville

Is it brand new or refu?

Daniel
Town Hero / Héro de la Ville

I prefer looking in the classified.

I've found a iPhone 5s 64gb in mint condition (unlocked) for 440$

yads

You can also buy unlocked phones like Motorollas from places like Best Buy. Nexus phones are also always unlocked. For iPhones you can buy factory unlocked phones directly from Apple. It seems the mobile phone industry in Canada has moved towards a device financing model where you can get a subsidy for your device with an expensive plan, or you can bring your own device and get a cheaper plan.

Bigmac
Model Citizen / Citoyen Modèle

That's Really Cool!! check it out guys.

Need Help? Let's chat.