Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

The Oracles are here!

Igor_M
Retraité / Retired
Retraité / Retired

pm-oracle-emailbanner_720.png

We’re really excited to launch a new program designed to make the Community an even better place – the Oracles.

So what exactly are Oracles, you may ask?  The Oracles are a small group of Community members who really know their stuff. Each Oracle has proven their in-depth knowledge of Public Mobile, answered lots of questions in the Community, and helped many members resolve issues. They’re part tech wizard, part boy/girl scout, and part Jedi master. Meet the Oracles here.

You also may be wondering how the Oracle program works and what it takes to become an Oracle so we created a list of FAQ’s we hope answers all your questions.

How do I become an Oracle?

We love your enthusiasm! The first step is to register for the Community and start getting active:  This means answer and ask questions, offer solutions, and give Bravos to helpful members.

Every three months, we’ll look at the Community’s most active members and consider them for the Oracle program. Here are some tips to help you get noticed:

1. Be active in the Community – this is your chance to shine.
  2. High quality content is more important than high quantity.
  3. Educate fellow Community members and provide helpful answers.
  4. Give constructive feedback to Public Mobile. (Sometimes we need help, too!)
  5. Lastly, having a positive attitude when interacting with other members is a must.

Why should I become an Oracle?

If you believe in the power of collaboration, then becoming an Oracle is your calling. The Oracles are people who’ve positively impacted the Community and Public Mobile by helping fellow members and providing constructive feedback and ideas.

Being an Oracle has some very cool perks:

• Access to new Community features and the Oracle group
  • A special welcome package loaded with unique swag and goodies
  • Being the first to know about official Public Mobile news
  • Behind-the-scenes sneak peeks at Public Mobile projects and initiatives
  • And last but not least, unlock a $10 Community Reward every month

Do the Oracles get paid?

No, Oracles are not paid, but they do get exclusive perks in return for their contribution. (Not to mention the respect and admiration of the whole Community.)

Do the Oracles work for Public Mobile?

The Oracles are not employees of Public Mobile. They’re dedicated and passionate customers just like you. Employees are not eligible to become an Oracle.

How long do you stay an Oracle and can an Oracle lose their status?

• Every three months we look at which members are most active, and consider them for the Oracle program.
  • The title “Oracle” is something to aspire to; only a chosen few earn the right to use it. Oracles can retain their status by keeping up the great work, contributing quality content, and staying positive and helpful in the Community.
  • The number of Bravos and accepted solutions help us determine if Oracles have been supporting the Community.
  • And of course, Oracles need to follow the same Community Guidelines that all Community members must follow or their status can be revoked.

And that about sums it up! Feel free to reply to this post with any other questions. We look forward to hearing from you.

15 REPLIES 15

Sharq00
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

Glad to hear that contributions  mean something and rewards are of course always a nice bonus.

jt17g
Great Citizen / Super Citoyen

Congratulations to all oracles!

Martin
Legend
Legend
Hi @dcolb566,

Do you have a wish that you would like to have fulfilled?

I've received my wand and supply of pixie dust, and I'm open for business, so to speak.

Cheers.

dcolb566
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

What a great idea !!

Shazia_K
Retraité / Retired
Retraité / Retired

hehe 😄 @crazyfrog thank you so much!!!

* Please do not post private info such as: phone number, account number, pin etc.. This is a public forum.

crazyfrog
Model Citizen / Citoyen Modèle

@Shazia_K You're the best fit for Oracle 🙂

srlawren
Retired Oracle / Oracle Retraité

Thanks everyone for your congratulations and kind words!  I hope we can live up to expectations!  🙂

>>> ALERT: I am not a moderator. For account or activation assistance, please click here.

Vakshwell
Great Citizen / Super Citoyen

That's quite the reveal! I didn't know what to expect! But shining the spotlight on those that go above and beyond to help others is definitely recognition of how important their help is! Congratulations again to those who have become the first ever Oracles, and good luck to those aspiring to be! May this community benefit from everyones help! 😃 

normpaps
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

thanks 

@normpaps wrote:

hi ! will a unlocked samsung grand prime will worl on pm ?

Please post in a new thread for better help. If you search, you might just find your answer. 

normpaps
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

hi ! will a unlocked samsung grand prime will worl on pm ?

Martin
Legend
Legend
Hi @NDesai,

I wish you the best of success in becoming an oracle.

Cheers.

Martin

Jeremy_M
Retraité / Retired
Retraité / Retired

@NDesai

@dhanadhan wrote:

Question: Do Oracles continue to receive normal community rewards on top of Oracle Bonus ($10 Community Reward every month)?

Oracles will receive a $10 Community reward each month as long as they hold their Oracle rank in the Community. The "Oracle Bonus" is the Community reward.

Cheers,

Jeremy 

Indeed this is very exciting. Many have a chance to prove themselves to earn the highest value and they sure will. 

Question: Do Oracles continue to receive normal community rewards on top of Oracle Bonus ($10 Community Reward every month)?

imm1304
Retired Oracle / Oracle Retraité

This is an exciting initiative, @Igor_M!

I hope it will motivate many, but more importantly, make the top contributors feel appreciated/valued.  

The community experiment has been very effective and successful in solving huge majority of the issues.  Wishing you much more success and happy times ahead.  

Need Help? Let's chat.