Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Thank you to SD08 and stonechucker!

Tiana_V
Public Mobile
Public Mobile

Hey Community, 

It is with great sadness that I am announcing today that @SD08 and @stonechucker will be stepping down as Oracles. 

These two have made incredible contributions to the Community over the years, and it truly would not be the place that it is without them. Since joining the Community in November 2016, SD08 has received over 6000 bravos for his contributions and authored over 230 accepted solutions. Since joining in August 2016, stonechucker has received over 8,700 bravos and authored over 150 accepted solutions. These contributions have been invaluable. 

We want to extend a huge thank you to these two for their time as Oracles. The support they’ve provided to fellow Community members and the contributions they’ve made in general over the years are greatly appreciated. Although they will no longer officially be Oracles and we are sad to see them step down, we’re happy to still have them as part of the Community. 

Please help us in giving these two a huge thank you for their time as Oracles!

- The Public Community Team

62 REPLIES 62

Keen observers will still recognize retired Oracles by their unique avatars and badges (and dated forum chitchat which hasn't been retconned). So the most passionately obsessive among us will still be able to find you dining in your Mayorial mansions (or meditating on your remote mountaintops, wandering your desert wastelands, transcribing prophecies in your caves, or whatever else you do wherever else you hide). There is no escape!

Anonymous
Not applicable

@ShawnC13 wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

@srlawren wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

@will13am wrote:

@Tiana_V, how about coming up with a new community citizenship oracle alumni that doesn't look like a harsh demotion? 

I agree. Governor?

Edit: I changed my mind

@Anonymous you no longer endorse me for Governor of British Columbia?  Robot SadRobot Frustrated

lol No no. I changed my mind from my first choice of word - honouraria - until I looked it up. So I changed it to governor. In keeping with the political position motif of the place. Could be Premier too I suppose. Reeve is a synonym of Mayor so that's just equal without imparting any honour.

@Anonymous  @srlawren How about "Order of Public Mobile"

A little long for that little title area next to the name. Maybe shortened. OPM. Ohhh! PMmm! In my best Bond-girl voice 🙂

@Anonymous wrote:

@srlawren wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

@will13am wrote:

@Tiana_V, how about coming up with a new community citizenship oracle alumni that doesn't look like a harsh demotion? 

I agree. Governor?

@Anonymous you no longer endorse me for Governor of British Columbia?  Robot SadRobot Frustrated

lol No no. I changed my mind from my first choice of word - honouraria - until I looked it up. So I changed it to governor. In keeping with the political position motif of the place. Could be Premier too I suppose. Reeve is a synonym of Mayor so that's just equal without imparting any honour.

@Anonymous  @srlawren How about "Order of Public Mobile"

I am happy to help, but I am not a Customer Support Agent please do not include any personal info in a message to me. Click HERE to create a trouble ticket through SIMon the Chatbot *

Wow, I wondered how changes happen in the Oracle Drivers Seat, now I know! 

Congrats to you both on your retirement. Hopefully you got a nice TELUS buyout as well. Thanks for all your dedicated work around here and I'm sure we will see you around on a semi-retired basis!

AE_Collector

@SD08 wrote:

To the PM Team and the community, thanks very much for the kind words and the support.  Smiley Happy

I'm glad to have been a part of this community over the past few years and to still be here as Public Mobile continues its evolution.

Due to shifting personal priorities, my activity level in the community had been decreasing over the past few months, so I felt it appropriate to tender my resignation as Oracle.  Though I realize I've had a shorter than average term in the role, I wanted to make way for a more active member to fill the position eventually.  I will still be around though not as actively as I once was.

The Oracle role has been a unique and interesting experience.  I am grateful to the PM team for honouring me with this opportunity over the past year and for all the work you do for this community.

@SD08  thanks for all of your time on the Community not that just as an Oracle.  For those that are interested in numbers and records, I haven't done the research but SD08 would be very high up on the solutions per post ratio so that is QUALITY over QUANTITY.

As well he was considered for an Oracle in the previous year as well for his community contributions.  We have had some great messages back and forth and a HUGE amount of respect for you.  Thanks for everything and you know how to reach us!!

@stonechucker , thank you for all of your input and a big driver of the one who created change for those with visibility issues.  Many probably don't know but when the new format came out it was stonechuckers input on how the quoting was done to make changes to that as it was very hard for visually impaired people to read.  Not only a huge advocate for that cause but I can say that you were definitely one who kept PM's feet to the fire pushing for changes and improvements!  I really enjoyed getting to know you more.  All the best and hope you have an open draw for 6 and drop it on the button!!

I am happy to help, but I am not a Customer Support Agent please do not include any personal info in a message to me. Click HERE to create a trouble ticket through SIMon the Chatbot *

@DOA wrote:

First Harry and Meghan, now SD08 and stonechucker . . .

Oh, you didn't see the rest of the announcement - this is actually a straight-up, two for two trade, Canada gets Harry & Meghan, and the Royal Family have a couple of new members -  Prince @SD08 & Duchess  @stonechucker !!!  🤣 

sa7375
Town Hero / Héro de la Ville

@SD08  @stonechucker 

Sorry to see you go but you deserve our sincere thank you, thank you, and thank you. You'll be missed.

Big Thank-2.jpg

Anonymous
Not applicable

@srlawren wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

@will13am wrote:

I agree. Governor?

srlawren
Retired Oracle / Oracle Retraité

@Anonymous wrote:

@will13am wrote:

I agree. Governor?

@Anonymous you no longer endorse me for Governor of [Mainland] British Columbia?  Robot SadRobot Frustrated

EDIT: added mainland; better leave the island for @SD08 

>>> ALERT: I am not a moderator. For account or activation assistance, please click here.

dabr
Mayor / Maire

@stonechucker& @SD08   Sad to hear the news!  Wishing you both the best for the future:)

jor123
Town Hero / Héro de la Ville

Thanks for your contributions!

gjong26
Great Citizen / Super Citoyen

Great work SD08 and stonechucker!

@SD08 @stonechucker Thank you both for all your time and effort to help others as Oracles and as regular members. I am sure you have helped in many cases to make this community a better place and to improve the service PM provides. I wish you both all the best. Keep in touch!

Anonymous
Not applicable

@will13am wrote:

Public Mobile should consider creating a new class of community citizenship to recognize past service.  Stepping back from being an oracle does not mean complete disappearance from the community.  Many new mebers may be unaware of past accomplishments.  Demotion back to mayor seems rather harsh.  @Tiana_V , how about coming up with a new community citizenship oracle alumni that doesn't look like a harsh demotion? 

I agree. Governor?

@srlawren wrote:

@SD08 @stonechucker the OAA (Oracle Alumni Association) welcomes you with open arms!  Your membership cards are in the mail, and your monthly dues are payable every 30 days, with a $2 discount if you register for Otto-Paih™. 

On behalf of the existing OAA membership of myself, @imm1304@Rockdaddy22@7789849803 , and our dearly departed @Martin, I extend our grattitude for you efforts and welcome you back to civilian mayorhood.

Cheers!

Public Mobile should consider creating a new class of community citizenship to recognize past service.  Stepping back from being an oracle does not mean complete disappearance from the community.  Many new mebers may be unaware of past accomplishments.  Demotion back to mayor seems rather harsh.  @Tiana_V , how about coming up with a new community citizenship for oracle alumni that doesn't look like a harsh demotion? 

@DOA wrote:

Who is Harry and Meghan? Smiley Happy Thanks SD08 and stonechucker, you will be missed.Smiley Sad

will13am
Oracle
Oracle

@SD08, @stonechucker , it has been great having you on the oracle team.  Best wishes on the new endeavors.  Your presence here will definitely be missed. 

rioluk
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

Thank you @stonechucker and @SD08 for all your contributions!

All the best.

srlawren

@SD08 @stonechucker the OAA (Oracle Alumni Association) welcomes you with open arms!  Your membership cards are in the mail, and your monthly dues are payable every 30 days, with a $2 discount if you register for Otto-Paih™. 

On behalf of the existing OAA membership of myself, @imm1304@Rockdaddy22@7789849803 , and our dearly departed @Martin, I extend our grattitude for you efforts and welcome you back to civilian mayorhood.

Cheers!

>>> ALERT: I am not a moderator. For account or activation assistance, please click here.

DOA
Model Citizen / Citoyen Modèle

popping

For my short 1.5 years on this community, I had learned a lot from @SD08 and @stonechucker.  Thank you for your service on this community.  Drop by when you have a few minutes.

Staliger
Mayor / Maire

@SD08 @stonechucker Thank you for all your help and best of luck in the future!Smiley Happy

mpcdesign
Mayor / Maire

@SD08 & @stonechucker  today is definitely a sad day afterall....the community won't be the same without you and your quick wit and solutions! Thank you for all your contributions to the forum and we still look forward to seeing your name pop up here and there! 

Check out what all-time bravo leaderboards. A few of them are still here helping out, and everyone with the other oracles help make the forum fun and lively!

Screen Shot 2020-02-21 at 1.01.31 PM.png

@stonechucker 

@SD08 

Thanks for the year of service.  It was fun and interesting.

@SD08 and @stonechucker Thanks for sharing the journey. Robot Very Happy

A new dawn beckons. Here's to smooth sailing. 

dawn sailing.jpg

>>> ALERT: I am not a CSA. Je ne suis pas un Agent du soutien à la clientèle.

Thanks. Enjoy the retirement.

CannonFodder
Mayor / Maire

Well, not that I saw much of these two around here, since I only joined in Dec., 2019, but yeah, good job - that's a LOT of bravos & solutions!!! 👍 

SD08

@stonechucker, my fellow retiring Oracle, thanks for your many valuable contributions over the years. Enjoy your well-earned retirement.  I hope you'll still visit now and then.

To the PM Team and the community, thanks very much for the kind words and support.  Smiley Happy   I'm glad to have been a part of this community over the past few years and to still be here as Public Mobile continues its evolution.

Due to shifting personal priorities, my activity level in the community had been decreasing over the past few months, so I felt it appropriate to tender my resignation as Oracle.  Though I realize I've had a shorter than average term in the role, I wanted to make way for a more active member to fill the position eventually.  I will still be around though not as actively as I once was.

The Oracle role has been a unique and interesting experience.  I am grateful to the PM team for honouring me with this opportunity over the past year and for all the work you do for this community.

Anonymous
Not applicable

Been missing stonechucker around here for a while. SD08 (or is that SDO8) seemed to have had a short tenure.

But both well deserved. Thank you to you both for all your efforts here.

Triguy
Mayor / Maire

Thanks @SD08  @stonechucker  for your assistance and contributions to the community forum.

Need Help? Let's chat.