cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Thank you @srlawren + search for new Oracle(s)!

Brooke_C
Retraité / Retired
Retraité / Retired

Hey Community,

It is with great sadness that I am announcing today that @srlawren will be stepping down as one of our Community Oracles. @srlawren has been a part of our Community since 2015 and has been a key contributor over the past couple of years. To be more precise, he has received an impressive 7,000+ Bravos since he first joined! With his intelligence, and super supportive, funny personality, he has helped transform our Community and has consistently been there to help other Community members.

While we could go on for a very long time listing all of his Community accomplishments, here are several that really stuck out to our Community team. @srlawren has:

• Received 46 Community badges (that is almost every badge we offer!)
  • Created and improved our wiki pages, including writing ‘How-To’s’ so that other Community members could get answers to their questions that much faster
  • Helped more customers than we can even count during our crazy $40/ 4GB promotional plan
  • Supported many other Community members by giving out over 18,000 Bravos (we all know there is no ‘I’ in team)

We could not be where we are today without his contributions and we would like to thank you, @srlawren, for all the passion and energy you have poured out to make the Community an even better place. You will certainly be missed as an Oracle, but we are happy to still have you checking into the Community every once in a while.

With this change, we will be searching for a new Oracle (or Oracles!) over the next couple of weeks. The Oracle program is designed to recognize our most active and helpful Community members, who are passionate about our brand, and are interested in providing honest feedback about the Public Mobile experience. Does this sound like someone you know? If so, please comment below by November 30th letting us know who and why this person would be an awesome Oracle. Also, be sure to share your thanks with @srlawren for all of his efforts!

-Public Mobile Community team

53 REPLIES 53

Don't worry about @srlawren being bored. He's just going to transfer all that energy and commitment to finding a way to clone Ralph for me. Robot wink

The taxidermist did a great job but he looks a little threadbare on the other side, and I would like him to actually walk beside me in the woods.

RalphRalph

>>> ALERT: I am not a CSA. Je ne suis pas un Agent du soutien à la clientèle.

@srlawren

I did not know Martin, however I do a bit of the history.  Although I would like that title for you, I also repect your thoughts on it, and agree wholehartedly.

Legend is special.

srlawren
Retired Oracle / Oracle Retraité

"Legend" is a very nice thought but I don't think I deserve it.  Also, I'd rather we honour Martin by keeping him as the only community Legend.  

>>> ALERT: I am not a moderator. For account or activation assistance, please click here.

Noosiekins
Model Citizen / Citoyen Modèle

phew! Had me worried there @srlawren

shartomjam
Town Hero / Héro de la Ville

Thanks @srlawren for everything.  Glad to hear you are not leaving us completely.  I also cast my vote for "Legend" - I think that sums it up nicely.  Good luck to those of you who wish to become Oracles - there are quite a few good choices.

It was very sad when @srlawren told us that he is stepping down. Going back about 2 years, me an him pretty much started at the same time. Our aim was to learn and help others, but srlawren went above and beyond to help others. I have never seen anyone else posting lengthy of helpful tutorials and guides in the community. These are the main reasons he was one of the first Oracle. 

When i became an Oracle last year, i saw what he and other Oracles did. Time and Effort is another thing he strongly gave to this community. I personally learned a lot from him and it has helped me to reach where i am now. 

From my loving heart, Thank you Scottie for your hard work so far. We will definitely miss having you as an Oracle 😞

MarieHelene_L
Town Hero / Héro de la Ville

@srlawren

I have to say, I was shocked and kinda sad when I first heard about this Smiley Sad 

Thank you for everything you've done on the Community! We will definitely all miss the friendly, funny, helpful, dedicated and very knowledgeable Oracle that you are/were. 

It's weird to see @srlawren without its star next to it. I also agree 'Mayor' doesn't look right! Hoping for it to be replaced with something more representative Cat Wink  

All the best Scott!!

Marie

*Please do not post private info such as: phone number, account number, PIN etc... This is a public forum!*

Taekgun
Deputy Mayor / Adjoint au Maire

@srlawren

Sad to see you leave the title behind, you have been such an instrumental part of this community, helpful, courteous and most importantly here to help when and however you can.  Glad to see you'll be sticking around a bit.  Enjoy that new One Plus 5T Smiley Happy

As for my vote, easily both @ShawnC13 or @will13am are who I throw my hat in for - both very active, knowlegdable and always willing to help.  Cheers all, let's keep this community what it is.

@srlawren, wow no grace period or two weeks notice??  LOL title gone I thought you would hold that until the new Oracle(s) is/are picked.  As for suggestions as to who would be a good candidate as I don't think anyone can replace srlawren @will13am@SD08 (but he just posted about stepping back a bit maybe this could change his mind) and @mimmo as they are all in the top 10 of Bravos for the last year.

Also I don't think the Mayor next to srlawren name looks right either and agree with @imm1304 as well that this should be changed to LEGEND as well

I am happy to help, but I am not a Customer Support Agent please do not include any personal info in a message to me. Click HERE to create a trouble ticket through SIMon the Chatbot *

srlawren

Oh hey look, I'm a Mayor now!  Robot Very Happy  I don't even remember the election....

oh forgot to mention:  @will13am love the GoT reference.  I guess I broke my oath!  I hope the King in the North doesn't lob off my head....

>>> ALERT: I am not a moderator. For account or activation assistance, please click here.

I freaked out for a second there. 

@srlawren will always be a great member here and will always be an oracle for us with or without badge XD. 

srlawren

So many kind words, thank you guys!  🙂  Honestly, there are many of you that are at least as helpful and often more active than me (I'm looking at you, @ShawnC13@SD08@will13am@mimmo@stonechucker, and many others!), so trust me when I say the bar really isn't that high! 

will13am
Oracle
Oracle

@srlawren, sad day to see you exiting your post.  You will be missed.  Please do report on your one plus 5T use experience.  I could see myself sporting one in the future.

I hope your level of support is not going to be used as the selection criteria.  The position could go unfilled for a long time.  If the bar is lowered, I think there are a few of us who can fit into a smaller shoe.  Is shameless self promotion allowed?  If not, I think @ShawnC13 would be a great candidate.  Being a left coaster also, the geographic advantage would make him a perfect member of the nights watch. 

mimmo

I'll put my hat in for @ShawnC13

imm1304

I would like to take a moment to appreciate our very special outgoing Oracle, @srlawren.  

Aside from the incredible stats he has put up, its the truly caring, funny, sharp and infinitely patient and polite presence that we will miss.  

Thanks Scottie for wonderful time spent as Oracles.  We will keep in touch and I would love to see your community profile assigned the "Legend" status if possible.  

Doing as much as I do on the Community, working with my background, I'm amazed at how much more the Oracles excel to here.  @srlawren was a great Oracle, friendly, knowledable, and I bet if I met him in a bar we could chat over a beer or 3 about Android of days old and new.

I'd still be rocking my Nexus 5 I'm sure... But... the OnePlus 5T has a 5 in it's name too......hmmmm

closng
Deputy Mayor / Adjoint au Maire

I see what's happening here...@srlawren is taking some time off the community to spend more time with his brand spanking new OnePlus 5T phone 😉

Kidding aside, just wanted to give my thanks to @srlawren for all his contribution to the community!

@srlawren wrote:

EDIT2:  I'm not going anywhere, nobody panic! 

To be clear, I've had a great time as an oracle!  But I thought it was time to make room for some fresh blood on the team.  I'm still a happy customer, and I'll still be here regularly.  

EDIT: @ShawnC13 nothing is changing in those regards.  PS do YOU know anyone that might want to be an oracle?!?!  😉

@srlawren, Glad to hear that you are not going anywhere as that takes the initial worry and sting out of this announcement.  Reading through your not so subtle cryptic message I do know somebody and yes I would be totally interested in being an Oracle and I think any other active member would be as well.  It is weird to have to self promote for something like this I think this should be chosen by PM mods and current Oracles for any future position within the Oracle ranks.

I am happy to help, but I am not a Customer Support Agent please do not include any personal info in a message to me. Click HERE to create a trouble ticket through SIMon the Chatbot *

Wowza! I hope this "leaving-thing" is not becoming a trend...

Thank you for your contribution to making the PM community what it is, @srlawren!

Shazia_K
Retraité / Retired
Retraité / Retired

@srlawren

Honestly, I have no words!

Thank you for everything that you've done around here! you will be missed as an oracle 😞 

Shazia

* Please do not post private info such as: phone number, account number, pin etc.. This is a public forum.

chakri264
Model Citizen / Citoyen Modèle

Thank you, @srlawren

srlawren

Thank you so much for the kind words, @Brooke_C!  It's weird to see all those things listed out together 🙂  I couldn't have been as helpful as I have been without many, many others on the community.  Too many to list, and I don't want to miss anyone--I think you all know who you are aleady so I'll just say THANK YOU!  🙂

EDIT2:  I'm not going anywhere, nobody panic! 

To be clear, I've had a great time as an oracle!  But I thought it was time to make room for some fresh blood on the team.  I'm still a happy customer, and I'll still be here regularly.  

EDIT: @ShawnC13 nothing is changing in those regards.  PS do YOU know anyone that might want to be an oracle?!?!  😉

ShawnC13
Oracle
Oracle

@Brooke_C, wow what an announcement and opportunity for a community member, BUT, with the stepping down of @srlawren  it doesn't seem to be a happy announcement.  I don't think there are enough words or correct words that will truly express what he has done here and the guidance he has provided for all of the members here.  On a personal note I appreciate all of our Oracles but must admit srlawren is the one I have the most dealings with and feel as though I can go to him with any question.  I hope this doesn't mean you are leaving us here.  Thanks for all you have done!!

Need Help? Let's chat.