cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Thank you @srlawren + search for new Oracle(s)!

Brooke_C
Retraité / Retired
Retraité / Retired

Hey Community,

It is with great sadness that I am announcing today that @srlawren will be stepping down as one of our Community Oracles. @srlawren has been a part of our Community since 2015 and has been a key contributor over the past couple of years. To be more precise, he has received an impressive 7,000+ Bravos since he first joined! With his intelligence, and super supportive, funny personality, he has helped transform our Community and has consistently been there to help other Community members.

While we could go on for a very long time listing all of his Community accomplishments, here are several that really stuck out to our Community team. @srlawren has:

• Received 46 Community badges (that is almost every badge we offer!)
  • Created and improved our wiki pages, including writing ‘How-To’s’ so that other Community members could get answers to their questions that much faster
  • Helped more customers than we can even count during our crazy $40/ 4GB promotional plan
  • Supported many other Community members by giving out over 18,000 Bravos (we all know there is no ‘I’ in team)

We could not be where we are today without his contributions and we would like to thank you, @srlawren, for all the passion and energy you have poured out to make the Community an even better place. You will certainly be missed as an Oracle, but we are happy to still have you checking into the Community every once in a while.

With this change, we will be searching for a new Oracle (or Oracles!) over the next couple of weeks. The Oracle program is designed to recognize our most active and helpful Community members, who are passionate about our brand, and are interested in providing honest feedback about the Public Mobile experience. Does this sound like someone you know? If so, please comment below by November 30th letting us know who and why this person would be an awesome Oracle. Also, be sure to share your thanks with @srlawren for all of his efforts!

-Public Mobile Community team

53 REPLIES 53

srlawren
Retired Oracle / Oracle Retraité

@Korth Only Padawan, I am.  Fancy titles I seek not.  

>>> ALERT: I am not a moderator. For account or activation assistance, please click here.

Korth
Mayor / Maire

Well, this is an old thread but it's the first I've heard of the "news", lol.

@srlawren does look a little strange to me without his fancy gold star.

I propose we bestow upon this legendary paragon the special honour of a custom title.  "Mayor" just won't do.  Not when "Grand Master of the Jedi Order" or somesuch would seem more fitting, lol.

SD08

@srlawren wrote:

@mimmo just noticed I lost my signature though.  That's a slight bummer, but hopefully without the bold name and oracle tag, I won't get too many people mistakenly private messaging me for account help like I often used to.  🙂

@srlawren

No bold name, no oracle tag...no matter.  I've gotten many such messages even without a distinguishing name tag, as have others who have been active on the leaderboards, I'm sure.

And then there are some people who seemingly have an aura that broadcasts: "I'm an official employee, ask me anything," in any retail setting.  Like me, for example. Countless times I've been queried by other customers when I'm out shopping, especially in grocery stores.  Occasionally I have a little fun with it and reply "aisle three."  Smiley LOL

youbme
Deputy Mayor / Adjoint au Maire

Definitely big shoes to fill on the Oracle team!

@srlawren, I've always appreciated your thoughtful and patient responses in the community since joining a month after you in 2015! Looking forward to continue seeing you on the forums.

pakmode

@ShawnC13 wrote:

@srlawren wrote:

@mimmo wrote:

@srlawren at least you got to keep your custom avitar 🙂 

@mimmo just noticed I lost my signature though.  That's a slight bummer, but hopefully without the bold name and oracle tag, I won't get too many people mistakenly private messaging me for account help like I often used to.  🙂

@srlawren, good luck with that lol.  I am sure a Mod could help you out.

Lol. Love it. 

Michael77

@srlawren, in my eyes, you are an Oracle.  I am still wondering why you stepped down? 😞  I will keep my theories to myself. 🙂 😉

@srlawren wrote:

@mimmo wrote:

@srlawren, good luck with that lol.  I am sure a Mod could help you out.

I am happy to help, but I am not a Customer Support Agent please do not include any personal info in a message to me. Click HERE to create a trouble ticket through SIMon the Chatbot *

ckl
Town Hero / Héro de la Ville

@srlawrenYou'll always be an Oracle in my mind...

srlawren

@mimmo wrote:

>>> ALERT: I am not a moderator. For account or activation assistance, please click here.

srlawren

@911onFire enjoy your OP3!  I just finished 17 months with mine and still really like it.  The 5T is definitely *better*, but I could have kept going with the OP3 for another 6-12 months, to be completely honest.  The 5T is better, but it's not night and day.  Anyway, my point was that the 3 is still a great device and I hope you enjoy it.  And enjoy the stable Oreo update!  I won't get it on my 5T till early next year.

911onFire
Great Citizen / Super Citoyen

Thanks @srlawren for sharing your knowledge on this community. The OP5T should be a great phone as I was using a OP2 that I passed onto my mom, as I jumped to the OP3, with no regrets!

Mana
Mayor / Maire

As for voting for the new oracle, I think any one of the active mayors would make a fine oracle. 

Michael77

First Jeremy and then @srlawren, what is going on....... Shall I start a conspiracy theory? 😉 😉 🙂 🙂

@srlawren, you will be greatly missed as an Oracle. In my opinion, you are one of the best and will be extremely hard to replace! 🙂 At least you will still be sticking around! That is good news for us! 🙂

Hey good job @srlawren

I'm not here as much as I used to be, but still come once in a while to see what's happening... I was sad to see you leave your role, but I'm glad to read that you're still staying around!

mimmo

jeffster1970
Model Citizen / Citoyen Modèle

@mimmo wrote:

I'll put my hat in for @ShawnC13

Ditto....go Shawn!

srlawren

All the love and support is very nice folks!  But I don't need any grandiose title--I'm fine with the default set of titles like everyone else.  

mimmo

Why not just keep the Oracle status. A US president is always president even after they leave office.   I dont think Oracles have to be super active.

Now if Oracle = top reward status  then that's another story and a discussion I brought up on a different thread.  

We all love @srlawren and will miss him greatly as an oracle but I also agree with @srlawren that the title "legend" is special in its own way. 

However, what do you guys and gals think if we give him a title the "Phenom"?

So anytime an oracle steps down or retires they should be given the title of the "Phenom" to recognize all their hard work and efforts, instead of downgrading their title to the mayor. 

@Brooke_C@Shazia_K, what do you think? Can you make it happen?

thanks. 

srlawren

@pakmode  "What if I want to live in a van down by the river?"  "Oh, you'll have plenty of time for that, when you're....living in a van....down by the RIVER!

pakmode

@srlawren  Thank you for your service.

Thank you for making me laugh out loud many, many times.

You are a scholar and gentleman, and my favourite motivational speaker.....who lives in a van down by the river!! LOL

I will also chip in that @srlawren will be missed both him & @Luddite were the far most active Oracles

Good to hear he is not leaving like @7789849803 when he stepped down

danielj
Town Hero / Héro de la Ville

Thank you, @srlawren for all the hard work and effort put in as an oracle. Glad your still be around. Nobody could ever fully replace you. You leave a big set of shoes to fill.

jt17g
Great Citizen / Super Citoyen

Thankyou @srlawren, always seeing you helping with other people's question . Will be missing youHeart

SD08

@ShawnC13 wrote:

@srlawren, wow no grace period or two weeks notice??  LOL title gone I thought you would hold that until the new Oracle(s) is/are picked.

Indeed.  I hope @srlawren at least receives his oracle level reward for the month of November. 

@ShawnC13 wrote:

As for suggestions as to who would be a good candidate as I don't think anyone can replace srlawren @will13am@SD08 (but he just posted about stepping back a bit maybe this could change his mind) and @mimmo as they are all in the top 10 of Bravos for the last year.

Thanks for the mention @ShawnC13, but without reservation, I think you should be the next oracle.

SD08

Wow, @srlawren, I never imagined that you would be stepping down as an oracle.  You really lived up to the title and this is a loss to the community for sure. Robot Sad  In addition to the countless customers you've helped and the tutorial guides you've posted, I appreciate that you balanced well your role as an ambassador for the PM brand and as a channel for feedback from the community.  You didn't shy from letting PM know what was wrong, even if it wasn't necessarily what PM would have preferred to hear.  I've learned much from you and I'm sure your wealth of knowledge and experience will continue to be needed and appreciated by the community whenever offered from time to time.  Since you are following your own path in this, I congratulate you and wish you the best as you enjoy a more relaxed role within the Public Mobile Community.  A heartfelt thank you for all that you've done for this community.  Smiley Happy

@srlawren thank you so much for all your hard work, dedication and help here in the community. 

You have always been one of the most knowledgeable and helpful members. 

mimmo

@srlawren  thanks for all your hard work.  The time commitmet you made (acually all the oracles) to the forums, must have taken quality time from many other activities.  Glad to see you are not leaving 100%. 

I guess the only thing left to say is welcome back to the rank and file, enjoy your new found freedom.

dna2016

This is definitely another big hit to Public Mobile, another amazing asset for PM is stepping away.  @srlawren you are definitely leaving PM in a much better position than what it was before you came.  Without your contributions the community and PM would not be anywhere near as good as it is now.  I wish you nothing but the best.

Now let's see who's going to fill those massive shoes that @srlawren left us with Smiley Very Happy

@srlawren wrote:

Oh hey look, I'm a Mayor now!  Robot Very Happy  I don't even remember the election....

oh forgot to mention:  @will13am love the GoT reference.  I guess I broke my oath!  I hope the King in the North doesn't lob off my head....

No spoilers please, I have another season to watch. 

Need Help? Let's chat.