cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Re: Thank you Rockdaddy22 & imm1304 + Search for new Oracles!

@Dunkman wrote:

Thank you for all your contributions to the forum, @Rockdaddy22 and @imm1304.  Enjoy your retirement years    Smiley Happy

I woud also nominate @mimmo@srlawren@stonechucker 

Honour mentions to @RobertQc@z10user4@computergeek541

Thanks for the recognition.  There are so many longtime and regularly contributing members that I just know that we're going to forget to mention someone. 

Town Hero / Héro de la Ville

In no particular order I'd say any of these folks could likely hack it as an Oracle.

@srlawren@RobertQc@z10user4@mimmo@stonechucker

Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

Thanks to the outgoing Oracles, your dedication is appreciated!

Mayor / Maire

@mimmo wrote:

@z10user4@Yeah but it's a little different when you are in the middle of the sea and the cruise line charges so darn much.  I will try to check on port days, if /when we can find free wifi.  

Are you doing the road to Hana? We really liked that when we went to maui, as well as sunrise on top of the volcano.

Not to derail too much, so briefly...we've been up top on a prior trip though not at sunrise. And we haven't done that road.

We've been to each of the main islands and I think we like Maui the most.

Mayor / Maire

Well done retiring oracles, and good luck to the candidates Smiley Happy The names already mentioned all makes sense!

@SD08, thank you for the nomination, a wonderful surprise to me, to be nominated.  Also thanks to the others who have supported your suggested nominees, as @srlawren and @mimmo are great company to be nominated with.  With the continued expression of Bravos on my Open Letter earlier this year, I think I’ve shown a great deal of honest suggestion and feedback, and I continue to do so.

To @Rockdaddy22 and @imm1304, a long time job well done for the both of you.

@SD08, I submit your name as a nominee, along with @wetcoaster also.

There are a number of well deserving nominees, and quite possibly more just coming along.  I do hope those chosen are welcomed and accepted by all, and the Community will I’m sure continue to grow, and be the wonderful place I choose to spend a few too many hours each week.

Model Citizen / Citoyen Modèle

Thanks to @imm1304 and @Rockdaddy22 and all Oracles for there support.

Deputy Mayor / Adjoint au Maire

Definitely a big loss for the PM community, @imm1304 and @Rockdaddy22 you will both be surely missed as community helpers. 

Although we lost a couple great one's there are definitely a number of amazing folks out there that people have already mentioned.  And these folks do an amazing job providing solutions, keeping it real, and calling out those who may have it all wrong (like myself).  If these folks are interested in putting their names in the Oracle search hat I would definitely give them my vote (not that my vote means anything but hey why not).

- @RobertQc@stonechucker@danielj@z10user4@wetcoaster@mimmo@srlawren@computergeek541@SD08

I think everyone listed above are superstars in this community and would provide an amazing bonus as Oracles in the PM Community.  I know I'm missing a few others but that's all who I can think of right now.  

Deputy Mayor / Adjoint au Maire

Lots of good choices available. My top nominee would be @srlawren without a doubt, if he's interested!

Otherwise, @stonechucker, @mimmo are great as well Smiley Happy

Mayor / Maire

@ShawnC13My original comment is relevant to this discussion and should be here please do not remove my on topic response to @Alan_K's announcement regarding my nomination and sharing my appriciation for 2 people that were legends in their time.

My nomination is mine and I nominimate change and diversity. If anyone wants to thrash me for my nomination well there is already a thread created in the lounge HERE

I think there are far more deserving people here than me but thank you for the mentions. @z10user4 @wetcoaster @computergeek541 @Dunkman  @Psygineer   and thank you for the bravo to said mentions @will13am @SD08 @srlawren

@Alan_K wrote: interested in providing honest feedback about how we are doing.

@Alan_K I might be outcasting myself here so get your pitch fork ready. While there are names I would really like to suggest, I will refrain as I think the oracle program should be revamped to prevent a repeat of the last year. This is not meant to personally call anyone out but its time for a wake up call. Some oracles hold the title, but did not do the work, had little to no participation but the program continues to "lock them in" as a higher power that walks among us

https://productioncommunity.publicmobile.ca/t5/Announcements/The-Oracles-are-here/td-p/46853  "Every three months, we’ll look at the Community’s most active members and consider them for the Oracle program. Here are some tips to help you get noticed:"... But following the tips did nothing.

When public mobile was unable to do what they said with public labs (which was the best thing ever imo), they shut it down hard. Well... public mobile fell asleep on the oracle program, so clearly its time to rethink how one is held in such regard.  I am just spitballing here but maybe let a "magic formula" decide each month or two, to give a fair playing field for anyone. Or let the community decide. Maybe drop the lowest performing oracle each month. Something needs to be done. We need a change. This would also give you an extremely diverse suggestion base.

Diversity is what we need. Having the same people, give the same macro response is ok but you asked for "passionate". Sorry to say but the "passion" doesn't last forever and you need to take advantage of those that have passion while they still do. Because everyone loses steam sooner or later. The ones that have passion go unnoticed, the ones that had passion fade away and Simon the script bot might as well be an oracle.

Does anyone remember @LEGO ? I wonder if she would still be here if she ever got to touch the position I believe she would have earned. This may motivate not only the oracles that are fading away but may motivate others to see that something is actually possible to achieve.

Both @imm1304 and @Rockdaddy22 were incredible contributors for their time and that should not go unrecognized.  Thanks for your hard work.