cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Re: Thank you Rockdaddy22 & imm1304 + Search for new Oracles!

Thank you  @Rockdaddy22 and @imm1304 for helping everyone out over the past few yeras.

I too, also think that srlawren could still fit the bill.  Even though no longer an oracle, this user continues to play a prominent role in the community.

Based on long-time "community service", I would say mimno_L and stonechucker, and SD08 would be great choices.  RobertQC is coming up pretty fast as well in the all-time leaderboard.

Town Hero / Héro de la Ville

@NDesai wrote:

Honor roll to @imm1304 and @Rockdaddy22 for their efforts to make the community a better place. I like what @SD08 nominated. I think the time they have been supporting the community is a crucial point. SD08 himself is also a good candidate Smiley Happy

I second @NDesai's choices for @SD08@stonechucker and @mimmo.  In the year that I have been here, they have contributed enormously to this community and would make great Oracles. Thanks to @imm1304 and @Rockdaddy22 for all their "Oraclean" contributions over the years.

@z10user4 wrote:

Bravos and kudos and solutions to both of them.

I nominate @RobertQc.

I also mentioned RobertQC and have had a few conversations privately with him about the what goes on within the community.

@z10user4, I would also nominate you based on your rapid rise to the top in the leaderboards, except that I know that you fall just short of the 1 year requirement. But I'm sure you'll be on the short list soon as soon.

Mayor / Maire

Thank you for all your contributions to the forum, @Rockdaddy22 and @imm1304.  Enjoy your retirement years    Smiley Happy

I woud also nominate @mimmo@srlawren@stonechucker 

Honour mentions to @RobertQc@z10user4@computergeek541

Town Hero / Héro de la Ville

Thank you imm1304 & Rockdaddy for your great contribution to the community support,  sad to  see leave the Oracle's

Mayor / Maire

@computergeek541 wrote:

@z10user4 wrote:

Bravos and kudos and solutions to both of them.

I nominate @RobertQc.

I also mentioned RobertQC and have had a few conversations privately with him about the what goes on within the community.

@z10user4, I would also nominate you based on your rapid rise to the top in the leaderboards, except that I know that you fall just short of the 1 year requirement. But I'm sure you'll be on the short list soon as soon.

Thank you @computergeek541 for the mention. I had heard about the 1 year so I already knew I wasn't likely going to get any nod if I happened to be thought of but who knows how these things really work.

If I thought it right to mention others then you would be one. stonechucker, mimmo_L and yeah srlawren back in the saddle too. All high participation folks who've also been here a while. Heck... SD08, SDO8 Smiley Happy, abTest just under the wire.

Oracle

Thanks @Rockdaddy22@ and @imm1304 for all your hard work.

Thanks to all for vote of confidence. I agree with all names posted above, and definitely a nod to @srlawren, and also @wetcoaster

Heading on vacation tomorrow,for two weeks, for some Carribean sun, and will have limited internet.

There are many good candidates already. Good luck to all.

Mayor / Maire

@mimmo wrote:

Thanks to all for vote of confidence. I agree with all names posted above, and definitely a nod to @srlawren, and also @wetcoaster

Heading on vacation tomorrow,for two weeks, for some Carribean sun, and will have limited internet.

No excuse mimmo_L! I'm currently enjoying the Maui sun. I'm poking in here on occasion Smiley Happy

Oracle

@z10user4@Yeah but it's a little different when you are in the middle of the sea and the cruise line charges so darn much.  I will try to check on port days, if /when we can find free wifi.  

Are you doing the road to Hana? We really liked that when we went to maui, as well as sunrise on top of the volcano.

@mimmo wrote:

Yes, that's right - webcoaster.  It was a while back, but me and kav2001c were talking about who else could be considered for the position and I brought up webcoaster's name up.  That was when some people were complaining about some inactive oracles (not about them being oracles but because of the $20 Community reward being automatic).  The griping back then doesn't change the accomplishments of the two departing oracles, and when someone becomes not as active as before, that just means that people are busy with life.

So, when it comes to some of those past gripes about the $20 reward being automatic even if a member hasn't been so active, most of us community members really have no idea if there is some type of automatic system in place that recommends an oracle to be replaced.  There very well could be, or it could simply be a voluntary thing.  I suspect that unless you're a moderator or are or have been an oracle, other members wouldn't be privy to such information.

Back then, many of the same names were dicussed.  Sd08, mimno_l,  srlawren, stonechucker, kav2001c, webcoaster, and myself were all mentioned,