cancel
Showing results forΒ 
Search instead forΒ 
Did you mean:Β 
Oracle

Re: Thank you Rockdaddy22 & imm1304 + Search for new Oracles!

@computergeek541 wrote:

@NDesai wrote:

@popping @Dunkgirl Bravo to post ratio does not quite help to see the quality posts. I think that for two main reasons. One reason is that there are a lot of active members now a days. Therefore, more users are available to bravo posts compare to what it was about a year ago. This is the reason you will see low ratio on long time members including me. Second reason is that some high quality posts do not get the bravos it deserves. This is because either members are not online to read all posts or posts were posted during midnight which gets buried by the morning. So bravos to post ratio should not be considered to be a very high value.

It's a lot easier to get bravos than it used to be.  From my experience,I can post something to answer a person's question and overnight, I'll receive 10 bravos for that one post.  A couple years ago, that exact same type of post may have gotten me nothing in terms of bravos.

Back then, I remember that 100 to maybe 150 posts (this is an estimate) might get you in the top 0.5% (today's equivalent is top 1%).  These days, with that, you're not even close to being at the top.

I also remember when it was almost unheard of for someone to have 400-500 bravos in a single month. Now, it happens every single month, and some of it is by longtime members who never reached those levels way back.

Yes, it has changed a lot. If you are in the PST zone, and post at night, you will barely get any bravos because by the time most users come online, there are already new threads posted. So not many go back to see what was posted at night. I know @srlawren browses back because i get a single bravo from him on some of my midnight posts. But if i were to post during daylight, right away, bravo cha ching! You get my point Smiley Happy

I am not a mod. Do not send me private message with your personal info.

New Here? - Check out Knowledge Base Articles to learn more about Public Mobile.

Town Hero / HΓ©ro de la Ville

@srlawren wrote:

@Carld123 wrote:

Get rid of the top bravoed section..make it part of personal statistics that you/ me the user can see..not a public race for top dog status....the community is here for help..not status......

@Carld123 it's all in good fun.  Hopefully people are not using PM bravo leaderboard as their external source of validation! @srlawren..it is fun..thats why im here...πŸ˜„..this post is for you...lol..all in one..haha

@Carld123 wrote:

Get rid of the top bravoed section..make it part of personal statistics that you/ me the user can see..not a public race for top dog status....the community is here for help..not status......

I don't think we can deny that some of the reason to have to community is to save Public Mobile money (and hopefully in turn, the customer), by making it so that less funds are required to staff Public Mobile customer service departments. 

Another aspect about the community is how it provides a great marketing opportunity for Public Mobile to advertise that we can save up to $20 per 30 days.         

Anyhow...it is what it is...which is good in my opinion and probably most here...so..happy new year..thanks to @Rockdaddy22 and @imm1304 and welcome(with new status) to the replacements........

Mayor / Maire

@Carld123 wrote:

@srlawren..it is fun..thats why im here...πŸ˜„..this post is for you...lol..all in one..haha

Robot LOL Robot LOL Robot LOL

@NDesai wrote:

I know @srlawren browses back because i get a single bravo from him on some of my midnight posts. 

@NDesai I've got a system.  Robot wink

>>> ALERT: I am not a moderator. For account or activation assistance, please click here.

Spoiler alert...Ive managed to get a pic of the next in line..πŸ˜€πŸ˜€πŸ˜€not sure how true it is but being a good community citizen I have to share....πŸ˜ƒπŸ˜€πŸ˜ƒπŸ˜€Screenshot_2019-01-09-08-58-08.png

Funny... and maybe I'm dating myself... being a kid growing up in the 70s, everytime I think of an "Oracle", I have images/flashbacks of The Oracle from the Hilarious House of Frightenstein.  Some funny audio sound bites if you scroll down on that page, too... but if you don't chuckle, I'd guess you grew up in later years...

Okay, don't everyone look at me like I've got two noses... Smiley Tongue

Highlighted

Screenshot_2018-11-04-14-53-48.png

πŸ˜ƒπŸ˜€πŸΊπŸ‘πŸΊπŸ‘πŸ˜€πŸ˜€