cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Reply
Deputy Mayor / Adjoint au Maire

Re: Thank you Rockdaddy22 & imm1304 + Search for new Oracles!

 


@Carld123 wrote:


 @RobertQc is the correct choice as far as im concerned..i havent been here long but most of my knowledge/insight has come from reading his posts..well done robert👍


@Carld123I agree with you. @RobertQc. There seems to be controversy with respect to his off topic suggestions and I don't want to get involved there but what canno't be denied is his undieing on topic help to new and existing customers when they need it. If post:bravo ratio is any sort of indication as suggested his is right at the top of 2.35:1 so my vote stands with @RobertQc

Deputy Mayor / Adjoint au Maire

Re: Thank you Rockdaddy22 & imm1304 + Search for new Oracles!

Votes/nominations here are meaningless ..

Oracle

Re: Thank you Rockdaddy22 & imm1304 + Search for new Oracles!


@Carld123 wrote:

Votes/nominations here are meaningless ..


Why do you say that @Carld123


* I am happy to help, but I am not a MOD please do not include any personal info in a private message to me, click here to private message a Moderator *

Re: Thank you Rockdaddy22 & imm1304 + Search for new Oracles!


@popping wrote:


 "bravoes to posts ratio"


 

As with any piece of information or statistic, I woud say that it counts for something but isn't everything.  Averages have never told the entire story.   And even with an average, someone could receive 100 bravos for one post but none for the next 99. The ratio will still say a 1 to 1 bravo to post number.

 

Someone who has a lower ratio of bravos compared to posts might not be doing a bad job by any stretch of the imagination.  If a member likes to participate in general interest threads that don't necessary relate to Public Mobile and posts 2000 messages in such threads and gets very little bravos because those posts don't help someone solve a problem, but then posts in another 1000 threads receiving a bravo for each of those, that's still a 1000 bravos, and potentially 1000 people who were helped out.  Having only 1 bravo for every 3 posts shouldn't necessarily mean that a member's posts are low quality. 

Oracle

Re: Thank you Rockdaddy22 & imm1304 + Search for new Oracles!

@popping @Dunkgirl Bravo to post ratio does not quite help to see the quality posts. I think that for two main reasons. One reason is that there are a lot of active members now a days. Therefore, more users are available to bravo posts compare to what it was about a year ago. This is the reason you will see low ratio on long time members including me. Second reason is that some high quality posts do not get the bravos it deserves. This is because either members are not online to read all posts or posts were posted during midnight which gets buried by the morning. So bravos to post ratio should not be considered to be a very high value.

_____________________________________________________________________
I am not a mod. Do not send me private message with your personal info.

New Here? - Check out Knowledge Base Articles to learn more about Public Mobile.

Re: Thank you Rockdaddy22 & imm1304 + Search for new Oracles!


@NDesai wrote:

@popping @Dunkgirl Bravo to post ratio does not quite help to see the quality posts. I think that for two main reasons. One reason is that there are a lot of active members now a days. Therefore, more users are available to bravo posts compare to what it was about a year ago. This is the reason you will see low ratio on long time members including me. Second reason is that some high quality posts do not get the bravos it deserves. This is because either members are not online to read all posts or posts were posted during midnight which gets buried by the morning. So bravos to post ratio should not be considered to be a very high value.



@NDesai wrote:

@popping @Dunkgirl Bravo to post ratio does not quite help to see the quality posts. I think that for two main reasons. One reason is that there are a lot of active members now a days. Therefore, more users are available to bravo posts compare to what it was about a year ago. This is the reason you will see low ratio on long time members including me. Second reason is that some high quality posts do not get the bravos it deserves. This is because either members are not online to read all posts or posts were posted during midnight which gets buried by the morning. So bravos to post ratio should not be considered to be a very high value.


It's a lot easier to get bravos than it used to be.  From my experience,I can post something to answer a person's question and overnight, I'll receive 10 bravos for that one post.  A couple years ago, that exact same type of post may have gotten me nothing in terms of bravos.

 

Back then, I remember that 100 to maybe 150 posts (this is an estimate) might get you in the top 0.5% (today's equivalent is top 1%).  These days, with that, you're not even close to being at the top.

 

I also remember when it was almost unheard of for someone to have 400-500 bravos in a single month. Now, it happens every single month, and some of it is by longtime members who never reached those levels way back.

Mayor / Maire

Re: Thank you Rockdaddy22 & imm1304 + Search for new Oracles!


@NDesai wrote:

@popping @Dunkgirl Bravo to post ratio does not quite help to see the quality posts. I think that for two main reasons. One reason is that there are a lot of active members now a days. Therefore, more users are available to bravo posts compare to what it was about a year ago. This is the reason you will see low ratio on long time members including me.


@NDesai good point, I hadn't thought of that.  Just noticed my own rate is lowly 1.29.


>>> ALERT: I am not a moderator. For account or activation assistance, please click here.
Deputy Mayor / Adjoint au Maire

Re: Thank you Rockdaddy22 & imm1304 + Search for new Oracles!

Get rid of the top bravoed section..make it part of personal statistics that you/ me the user can see..not a public race for top dog status....the community is here for help..not status......

Highlighted

Re: Thank you Rockdaddy22 & imm1304 + Search for new Oracles!


@srlawren wrote:

@NDesai wrote:

@popping @Dunkgirl Bravo to post ratio does not quite help to see the quality posts. I think that for two main reasons. One reason is that there are a lot of active members now a days. Therefore, more users are available to bravo posts compare to what it was about a year ago. This is the reason you will see low ratio on long time members including me.


@NDesai good point, I hadn't thought of that.  Just noticed my own rate is lowly 1.29.


But even with your "low quality" (just kidding) 1.29 posts, that's still 5000 people you've helped.  That isn't less valuable than someone with a 5:1 and "high quality" posts, and 5000 bravos, but only 500 people assisted.   

 

I know my numbers may be extreme, but they're just meant as possible examples.

Mayor / Maire

Re: Thank you Rockdaddy22 & imm1304 + Search for new Oracles!


@Carld123 wrote:

Get rid of the top bravoed section..make it part of personal statistics that you/ me the user can see..not a public race for top dog status....the community is here for help..not status......


@Carld123 it's all in good fun.  Hopefully people are not using PM bravo leaderboard as their external source of validation!


>>> ALERT: I am not a moderator. For account or activation assistance, please click here.