cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Mayor / Maire

Re: Thank you Rockdaddy22 & imm1304 + Search for new Oracles!

Like I said its not to nitpick but this is just a single example

There are many more and I do not mean for it to sound beligerant but many of the longer ternure posters are aware of these things

Ironically the clarification / response posts also picked up multiple bravos

THAT is the main point

Bravos have become near meaningless

100 used to be easily top performer

Yet now there are multiple posters (although I singled out will13am this is not against him, I leave the others unnamed) who rack up obscene totals in bravo WITHOUT saying anything relevant /correct

Mayor / Maire

@kav2001c:

I dunno...I did a crap load of work a couple months ago to get those "obscene" totals. Some may have been inflated but most were earned. Maybe not in your definition.

I would agree though that perhaps Bravo's have evolved into more of a like than a slow-clap Bravo.

I think will13am can concur on the work required.

It was too much for me. I scaled way back.

Mayor / Maire

@kav2001c wrote:

@kav2001c

You are forgetting something pretty important. Back in the day you speak of, people were calling for live support, slowly the customer base has grown and the old method of calling in for help did not exist. So almost every single customer that needs help has to come here.

Times change. More customers, only forum support, more threads, more responses, more input, more bravos.

@kav2001c wrote:

Yet now there are multiple posters (although I singled out will13am this is not against him, I leave the others unnamed) who rack up obscene totals in bravo WITHOUT saying anything relevant /correct

@kav2001cNot sure how you define inflated but in my eyes the ones that rack up "obscene" (by your definition) totals work pretty **bleep** hard. When @z10user4 hit 1200 in a month I can't even imagine the hours he put in. I only hit 1000 and I was here nearly 24 hours a day outside of sleep. I am trying hard to cut back.

The ones that say nothing relevant / correct (in your opinion) could have a solution, maybe bring up to public mobile how to stop this and apply for the bravo police roll. I am tired of getting hated on for saying things wrong and will probably get lit on fire again but I have suggested before if there was a downvote button if truly someone was getting un-deserved bravo's we could at least give a -1. Just as someone should be able to +1 they should be able to -1. One single vote per person.

Oracle

Anyway we can keep this thread for the nominations that close tomorrow?!?!?  Any more nominations out there people?  Alan set a date of the 10th.

There are other areas of the forum for the off topic discussion.  By off topic I do mean off of the Thread topic.

* I am happy to help, but I am not a MOD please do not include any personal info in a private message to me, click here to private message a Moderator *
Oracle

@kav2001c wrote:

Like I said its not to nitpick but this is just a single example

There are many more and I do not mean for it to sound beligerant but many of the longer ternure posters are aware of these things

Ironically the clarification / response posts also picked up multiple bravos

THAT is the main point

Bravos have become near meaningless

I have my tailor fittted flame suit on, so no worries with mentioning my name.  My skin underneath that flame suit is reasonably thick. 

Mayor / Maire

@ShawnC13 wrote:

Anyway we can keep this thread for the nominations that close tomorrow?!?!?  Any more nominations out there people?  Alan set a date of the 10th.

@ShawnC13 challenge accepted!

@One name I don't think I've seen nominated yet (though he or she was @ mentioned on the first page, but not as far as I can see as a nomination) that I think would be a good candidate is @abTest.  abTest has been around for > 1 year, has > 2:1 bravo-to-post ratio, and I always find to be helpful in his or her replies in the community.  cc: @Alan_K

Please note:  this is not saying abTest is the only person I would support; there are at least a few others I thought of when I put my mind to it, but I already see them having been nominated in the thread.

>>> ALERT: I am not a moderator. For account or activation assistance, please click here.
Deputy Mayor / Adjoint au Maire

@ShawnC13 wrote:

There are other areas of the forum for the off topic discussion.  By off topic I do mean off of the Thread topic.

Any more nominations..this is funny..nominate someone then get they dont deserve it comments....why nominate anyone if the nomination gets remarks that the person doesnt deserve it..? Makes no sense... @RobertQc is the correct choice as far as im concerned..i havent been here long but most of my knowledge/insight has come from reading his posts..well done robert👍

Mayor / Maire

@Carld123 wrote:

@ShawnC13 wrote:

Any more nominations..this is funny..nominate someone then get they dont deserve it comments....why nominate anyone if the nomination gets remarks that the person doesnt deserve it..? Makes no sense... @RobertQc is the correct choice as far as im concerned..i havent been here long but most of my knowledge/insight has come from reading his posts..well done robert👍

I don't think anybody has said that someone doesn't deserve a nomination. But some senior members, with the according proven experience, have pointed out that some nominated people might not be a good fit for the oracle position (yet). I agree with them that the new oracle should have a somewhat consistent history of quantity but even more so of quality posts. I think that one year mark helps with that.

Just my 2 cents of course - good luck to the nominees!

Highlighted
Oracle

@Carld123 wrote:

@ShawnC13 wrote:

You don't think there is a reason we think 1 year or more experince is required?

I am not a mod. Do not send me private message with your personal info.

New Here? - Check out Knowledge Base Articles to learn more about Public Mobile.

Mayor / Maire

@srlawren wrote:

@ShawnC13 wrote:

@ShawnC13 challenge accepted!

@One name I don't think I've seen nominated yet (though he or she was @ mentioned on the first page, but not as far as I can see as a nomination) that I think would be a good candidate is @abTest.  abTest has been around for > 1 year, has > 2:1 bravo-to-post ratio, and I always find to be helpful in his or her replies in the community.  cc: @Alan_K

Please note:  this is not saying abTest is the only person I would support; there are at least a few others I thought of when I put my mind to it, but I already see them having been nominated in the thread.

Agree.  @abTest has "bravoes to posts ratio" of 2.08 which indicates the quality of her/his posts - i.e. every post @abTest made received average 2 bravos.