cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Oracle

Re: Thank you Rockdaddy22 & imm1304 + Search for new Oracles!

@RobertQc,I apologized in the other thread for not being able to split the post.  It is what has started a larger discussion that was of the nomination topic so I moved it.  There was no need to tag me to not move this post.  

* I am happy to help, but I am not a MOD please do not include any personal info in a private message to me, click here to private message a Moderator *
Mayor / Maire

@srlawren

@imm1304

@Rockdaddy22

@7789849803

Others?

Why would someone choose to "step down"?

Is this actually voluntary or is it more along the lines of Koodo Mobile Masters rules?

@srlawren wrote:

Welcome to OAA (Oracle Alumni Association), @imm1304 and @Rockdaddy22.  Dues are payable every 30 days--please make your Interac e-transfer addressed to me.  Robot LOL

Highlighted
Model Citizen / Citoyen Modèle

One other thing that is not directly mentioned that should be considered is not just popularity but also quality of responses. This is not striclty based on volume. Some may go around getting lots of pats on the back, i.e. Bravos, but what should be considered is how well they address questions and issues. Bravos are not always an indication of quality.

I am a moderator in another very popular worldwide forum and users are nominated by other "oracle"-types, as well as by the company staff, by virtue of the quality of responses that are observed and the nature of contribution to the overall discussions. We have "oracles" that do not respond all the time but when they do they often bring great insight into a situation.

Of course, this is a judgment call and so requires a more nuanced approach. I am not saying this is not being considered. I just thought I would explicitly state a very important aspect to consider.

Just food for thought.

Mayor / Maire

@pm-smayer97

Certain groups also tend to bravo each other on every post

Its not cheating system when 2 people are obviously unique people but it certainly has mass inflated bravo totals

How to define quality though?

Although I agree the technical side of things is important there are others who offer up things like personal service or evangelize the carrier

@kav2001c wrote:

@pm-smayer97

Its not cheating system when 2 people are obviously unique people but it certainly has mass inflated bravo totals

Although I agree the technical side of things is important there are others who offer up things like personal service or evangelize the carrier

I would say that if it's every single post, that's a problem becasue that would lead me to be believe that there's some type of set agreement in place between those 2 members.  I do believe it natural for people who come here regularly will usually bravos many of the same people over and over and receive them in return from the many of the same people as well.  Some of that is just human nature when we recognize someone as being familar from having had past conversations.

I also find that the longer I'm a member here, the easier it seems to be to get bravos.  I'm not sure if that's because I've helped some members in the past and some of those people may feel in debt to me or not, but for example today, I've really done nothing up until now on this community and out of nowhere, I have 10 new bravos. 

@computergeek541 wrote:

@kav2001c wrote:

@pm-smayer97

I would say that if it's every single post, that's a problem becasue that would lead me to be that there's some type of set agreement in place between those 2 members.  I do believe it natural for people who come here regularly will usually bravos many of the same people over and over and receive them in return from the many of the same people as well.  Some of that is just human nature when we recognize someone as being familar from having had past conversations.

I also find that the longer I'm a member here, the easier it seems to be to get bravos.  I'm not sure if that's because I've helped some members in the past and some of those people may feel in debt to me or not, but for example today, I've really done nothing up until now on this community and out of nowhere, I have 10 new bravos. 

Good example... thanks for being transparent about that...

Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

Thanks so much rockdaddy22 and Imm1304 and oracles-Appreciate it

Hi @dna2016

Thank you for your kind words. I personally do not believe I am any truly in many people’s consideration. I also believe that some others that are better suited for consideration than myself. They included but not limited to:

@RobertQc@stonechucker, @z10user4@wetcoaster@mimmo_L@srlawren

I believe it important to consider multiple factors in consideration of potential Oracles including but not limited to:

• Current “rank/title” within the community such as “Town Hero”
  • Length of community involvement
  • Length of future involvement
  • Types and quality of involvement
    • Bravos would only be one factor with in this subfactor
    • Accepted solutions
    • Attempts of solutions and assistance proved
    • Number of times included in the to 5% of contributors

• I personally do not provide much help or attempts on providing solutions to customers issues, a lot of others provided better and/or quicker solutions than myself. Which is much apricated. A lot more of my own posts are feed back for Public Mobile and their associated partners and general salutations.
Mayor / Maire

@kav2001c wrote:

Why would someone choose to "step down"?

Is this actually voluntary or is it more along the lines of Koodo Mobile Masters rules?

@kav2001c I can't speak for anyone else, but my stepping down was 100% my own choosing.  I was asked to reconsider and given some time to change my mind, but I've stuck to it.  I believe I went into it a bit at the time but I can recap the highlights for you.  There were 2 main reasons, in no particular order:

• [Mostly self-imposed] pressure.  I felt a tremendous amount of pressure to be a top performer all the time, to be as close to 100% correct as possible when posting, to try to correct all misinformation I saw, to try to help as many people as I could.  To some extent I still deal with these pressures, but find it easier now to step back, ignore more threads that don't interest me, etc.
  • Frustration.  This one was multi-fold, but I didn't feel I had as much of a voice as I'd been lead to believe I would have when I signed up.  We had regular oracle meetings with PM staff (virtual meetings anyway) and the oracles had (and still have) a dedicated area in the community where they can discuss things with PM staff, yet I (not just me) kept pushing for many key changes and fixes I thought were vital and saw very little actual change.  The pace of change was (and still is) excruciatingly slow. I began to feel like I was talking to a wall, and it was (and still is) very, very frustrating.

That's kind of the highlights for you, from my own perspective. I wrote a fairly scathing review of the state of PM in the oracle area before I left.  I forget now what all I said, but I'm willing to bet 90%+ of it is still outstanding issues today.  This is why, despite many kind people suggesting I rejoin the group, that I am exceedingly unlikely to do so should I be offered.

For the record: to date, I have received no such offer, FYI.  I don't expect to, but if I did, I'm quite certain I would politely decline.  I need to, for my own sanity.  To me, it's just not worth the extra few bucks of rewards.  Also:  technically I'm no longer a PM customer as of March when I took a Koodo migration offer.  That said, my better half still is, and receives any community rewards I earn, so I still have some skin in the game, as it were.  

I can't beign to speak for anyone else, but I am aware from various chats with 778 at the time that he was also very frustrated.  So much so for him that he left entirely and never looked back.  I haven't gotten there.  Yet.  

EDIT: fixed a few typos and such.

>>> ALERT: I am not a moderator. For account or activation assistance, please click here.

@danielj wrote:
  • I personally do not provide much help or attempts on providing solutions to customers issues, a lot of others provided better and/or quicker solutions than myself. Which is much apricated. A lot more of my own posts are feed back for Public Mobile and their associated partners and general salutations.

thanks for being transparent about that...