cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

System maintenance - important note for customers on AutoPay whose plan renewed April 15th

Shazia_K
Retraité / Retired
Retraité / Retired

Update: On April 15th between 2AM- 9:30AM EST, our system was unable to process credit card payments for renewing customers who had AutoPay enabled. This means that your plan services did not renew, and your credit card was not charged. We apologize for any inconvenience this may have caused. The issue has since been resolved; however we ask that you please sign in to Self-Serve to add funds to your account equal to your plan price minus any eligible Rewards. After doing so, your plan will automatically renew, and no other action is required.

This means that on April 15th, 2018 from 12:00 am ET to April 15th 10:00 am ET you won't be able to do the following:

• Access your Self-Serve account
  • Activate a new account

maintenance.jpg

Please excuse us for any inconvenience this may cause.

* Please do not post private info such as: phone number, account number, pin etc.. This is a public forum.
37 REPLIES 37

srlawren
Retired Oracle / Oracle Retraité

@LizzyBee I noticed that one of the moderators edited your message to remove your phone number, so I would imagine she also reached out to you via private message already to help you with this issue.  

In the event that you did not already hear from her or someone on the moderator team, please follow the steps below to get assistance:

Spoiler
How can you get help with your account, activation, or service?In your message please include:
  • PM Phone Number, 4 digit PIN, Account email address, Detailed explanation of your issue
Don't know your pin?--provide any 3 of the following:
  • Complete mailing address, Email address, Alternate phone number, Date of birth, Last top up date & amount
How long until they reply?:
  • Office Hours: Mon-Friday 9am to 9pm, and Saturday & Sunday from 9am to 7:30pm [Toronto Time].
  • Messages are replied to during office hours, in the order in which they are received
  • Typical response time is between 1-3 hours, depending on message queue, but can be up to 48 hours.
  • There is no need to send multiple messages.
How can I view my private messages between myself and a Community Moderator?

>>> ALERT: I am not a moderator. For account or activation assistance, please click here.

LizzyBee
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

Sorry,

The number is 7******2

thank you

LizzyBee

Can you please reactivate my account and enable my USA plan asap?

I can't do anything at all right now. 

The fund are all there and my plan is not epired.

Thank you

@smcmahon005 wrote:

My phone has been suspended I am on autopay and they have not charged me and will not allow me to pay  or add a another credit card. 

@smcmahon005, if you are unable navigate the self serve yourself, I suggest you private message the moderator team and seek their assistance.  The moderator team can be reached via private message using this link.  Refer to the following knowledge base link for information on contacting the moderator team.

Sebastian

Same here, my auto pay was supposed to have happened on Sunday.

smcmahon005

My phone has been suspended I am on autopay and they have not charged me and will not allow me to pay  or add a another credit card. 

Iside

There is no use fighting and crying over spilled milk. Mistakes happen but....why do we have to wait up to 48 hours to have service reactivated. It seems to be amateurism at its best. Dont you think?

@will13am wrote:

@PBForMe wrote:

@will13am wrote:

@PBForMe wrote:

Asking customers to come on here, read this notice, and go in and manually fix their account because PM broke autopay is not a good look to be honest with you. 

Given what has happened, what would you have them to do?  It is a lot more convenient for all by issuing a notice than to have each affected customer interact with the moderator team one by one and be told the same thing. 

What would I have them do? Go through the accounts they broke and fix them? Is that too much to ask? I don't see why the customers have to do anything, they didn't do anything wrong. 

I would expect them to be more proactive personally but perhaps my expectations are unrealistic.

Okay, you could be stubborn and say I didn't cause this you fix it and wait forever as they sort out who was affected one by one.  Or you can meet in the middle and try to be part of the solution even if you are not the one that cause the problem.  Nobody is perfect and I am sure the next time you err, you would appreciate the person next to you giving you a helping hand even though it is not their problem. 

Acekiller
Deputy Mayor / Adjoint au Maire

wish they had a better way of resolving this!

raulg
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

My autopay renewal was on the 14th and it didn't work either

PBForMe
Model Citizen / Citoyen Modèle

@will13am wrote:

Okay, you could be stubborn and say I didn't cause this you fix it and wait forever as they sort out who was affected one by one.  Or you can meet in the middle and try to be part of the solution even if you are not the one that cause the problem.  Nobody is perfect and I am sure the next time you err, you would appreciate the person next to you giving you a helping hand even though it is not their problem. 

It has nothing to do with being stubborn, I've never in my life experienced a situation where a company broke my billing account, cut off my access and then asked me to fix it... once they were aware of the issue they rectified it, and usually credit you for time lost.  

I mean at the very least couldn't PM just extend the due date by a couple of days so people could fix their accounts without losing service? 

They were aware of the issue, aware that they caused it and just let accounts lapse into deactivation? That doesn't seem fair to me, nor in good faith.

To meet somebody in the middle the other party has to take a step too.  

@PBForMe wrote:

@will13am wrote:

@PBForMe wrote:

Asking customers to come on here, read this notice, and go in and manually fix their account because PM broke autopay is not a good look to be honest with you. 

Given what has happened, what would you have them to do?  It is a lot more convenient for all by issuing a notice than to have each affected customer interact with the moderator team one by one and be told the same thing. 

What would I have them do? Go through the accounts they broke and fix them? Is that too much to ask? I don't see why the customers have to do anything, they didn't do anything wrong. 

I would expect them to be more proactive personally but perhaps my expectations are unrealistic.

PBForMe

@will13am wrote:

@PBForMe wrote:

@utau, there is no phone number to call.  

Clear your browser cache and cookies, try private or incognito mode, even attempt a different browser, and turn off any pop-up / ad blockers.

Failing this, please send a private message to the @CS_Agent.  All support is online only.  You will need to provide your phone number, account number, and PIN.

utau

Is there a number that I can call public mobile ? I've called my bank to check out the problem, it doesnt seem to be on their side. I've been going for 2 days without any service now.

utau

Could be, but I even erased the credit card that was used and reentered the one I currently have to make sure and I get the same error.

@PBForMe wrote:

@utau, is it possible that your credit card has expired, and you need o update the new information?

PBForMe

utau

I've been on autopay since I've joined public mobile. I haven't changed any credit card info since then. It just declines me.

Anonymous
Not applicable

@utau, you must enter your credit card information EXACTLY as it appears on your statement.  If you have an apt/unit number, first try using APT#-ADDR# Street name format (###-### Main street), and leave the unit number field blank.  That works for many.  Alternatively, try the unit number in the separate field.  Be sure to clear you browser's cache, and run the browser in privacy/incognito mode.

utau

I can't make a selfserve paiement, it's declining my credit card. What am I supposedto do?

srlawren
Retired Oracle / Oracle Retraité

@jjrjc wrote:

Ditto for me.  1 line not working and because on autopay, won't take

a self pay.

@jjrjc I'm not sure if I read your message right but it sounds like you said you can't make a manual payment because you have Auto Pay enabled.  I wanted to let you know that is not true, you can still make a manual payment, and you will still get your Auto Pay discount (if you are on a plan that is eligible for rewards and you normally get the Auto Pay discount).  As long as Auto Pay is enabeld, you will get the reward regardless of how you actually make the payment.

>>> ALERT: I am not a moderator. For account or activation assistance, please click here.

jjrjc

Ditto for me.  1 line not working and because on autopay, won't take

a self pay.

Addendum: if you do have a valid credit card in your account try calling 611 to make a payment.

>>> ALERT: I am not a CSA. Je ne suis pas un Agent du soutien à la clientèle.

To all on this thread. Yes, something has gone amiss and you are not alone. Maybe misery loves company but I doubt it. 

There was only one moderator online today and both forums have reported errors with autopay and credit card authorizations.

One person recently reported they were able to login after clearing their browser's cache, using incognito mode, and turning off the ad blocker. Another successfully added vouchers.

So, if you have not already done so, click this: message to moderators to send a private message to the moderator team with your phone number, account PIN, and an explanation. Moderator hours are: Monday - Friday 9AM (ET) - 9PM (ET); Saturday - Sunday 9AM (ET) - 7:30PM (ET).

Meanwhile, if you need to make phone calls try an application like that from fongo.com. It provides free calling across Canada from wherever you are connected to wifi.

It's weird to see autopay issues; Neither I, nor 5 referrals, have had issues for 3 years. 

>>> ALERT: I am not a CSA. Je ne suis pas un Agent du soutien à la clientèle.

compactdisc

autopay is not working, both of my lines don't have service, i can't make payment in self serve either. great idea for public mobile to do maintenance in this weather and leave people without phone service in case of emergency

Lenor1214

You're right. But mistakes happen. We are all human after all  🙂 

burks10

I guess all we can do is wait for someone to fix this. This does have me questioning whether public mobile is worth the hassle though. Losing service randomly because of an error on the carriers end should never happen.

Lenor1214

So what do we do? 😥

burks10

My sister and mothers phone are affected as well. They have no service, and since I referred them and the "auto-renew" failed, I got a message saying that my referral bonus will no longer be applied to my bill. I Messaged the moderators hours ago and still no response, definitely not happy with the service so far.

Need Help? Let's chat.