cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

System maintenance- Sunday Jan 14 10:00 pm ET to Monday Jan 15 8:00 am ET

Shazia_K
Retraité / Retired
Retraité / Retired

This means that on Sunday, Jan 14 10:00 pm ET to Monday, Jan 15 8:00 am ET you won't be able to do the following:

• Access your Self-Serve account
  • Activate a new account

large.png

Please excuse us for any inconvenience this may cause.

* Please do not post private info such as: phone number, account number, pin etc.. This is a public forum.
48 REPLIES 48

mimmo
Retired Oracle / Oracle Retraité

@quintin I would contact the mods I think you had an issue with your plan change.

How can you get help with your account, activation, or service?

In your message please include:

• PM Phone Number, 4 digit PIN, Account email address, Detailed explanation of your issue

Don't know your pin?--provide any 3 of the following:

• Complete mailing address, Email address, Alternate phone number, Date of birth, Last top up date & amount

How long until they reply?:

• Office Hours: Mon-Thursday 9am to 9pm, and Friday, Saturday, and Sunday from 9am to 7:30pm [Totonto Time].
  • Messages are replied to during business hours and in the order they are received
  • Typical response time is between 1-3 hours, depending on message queue, but can be up to 48 hours.
  • There is no need to send multiple messages.

Additional Useful Information:

• Search PM-GUIDE (remove "-" during the search) to find some informative posts and answers to many common questions about Public Mobile

quintin
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

Could this be related to my phone not working?

I changed my plan on the weekend to roll out in the 15th.

now my phone looks like it is connected to PM (ie cell coverage and LTE at top of phone)  but I can't make phone calls or access the internet on the road.  Wifi is still ok.

srlawren

@Glen2016 if you haven't already, please contact the moderator team vis private message right away. Here's how:

How can you get help with your account, activation, or service?

In your message please include:

• PM Phone Number, 4 digit PIN, Account email address, Detailed explanation of your issue

If you have a Porting issue, please also include:

• The number you want to port, PM sim number, old account number, old account name exacly as on bill

Don't know your pin?--provide any 3 of the following:

• Complete mailing address, Email address, Alternate phone number, Date of birth, Last top up date & amount

How long until they reply?:

• Office Hours: Mon-Thursday 9am to 9pm, and Friday, Saturday, and Sunday from 9am to 7:30pm [Totonto Time].
  • Messages are replied to during business hours and in the order they are received
  • Typical response time is between 1-3 hours, depending on message queue, but can be up to 48 hours.
  • There is no need to send multiple messages.

Additional Useful Information:

• Search PM-GUIDE (remove "-" during the search) to find some informative posts and answers to many common questions about Public Mobile

>>> ALERT: I am not a moderator. For account or activation assistance, please click here.

Glen2016
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

This is my 3rd month with public mobile.. i just cant use my call, text, internet.

ChanPatr

Is there any error message being displayed on your phone? Perhaps it’s not compatible on Public Mobile’s network or your phone may still be locked to another wireless provider. An error message will point you in the right direction.

Glen2016

Got it...Thanks a lot!!!!

mimmo

@Glen2016 in my experience an intentional second payment will be refunded as a positive balance in your account

Glen2016

If make a payment again will i still be able to get a refund?

Glen2016

Yes, ii calked my bank payment was taken. Up to now i still have no service.

@Glen2016wrote:

It let me purchase a plan at around 7am Jan. 15. Just realize wasnt not activated yet. Will this still be activated? 

If you were able to go through the activation process and payment was taken, then it should be activated. Try logging in to your self-serve account: https://selfserve.publicmobile.ca/

What happens when you insert the sim in your phone?

Glen2016

It let me purchase a plan at around 7am Jan. 15. Just realize wasnt not activated yet. Will this still be activated? 

@srlawrenwrote:

@imm1304 @NDesai correct me if I'm wrong, but I think they've also clarified the Canada+US-talk option with addition of one very helpful word:

I'm pretty sure that wasn't there before

Sadly, they forgot to change that in the self-serve/activation 😞

imm1304

Thats correct, @srlawren.  I remember answering some questions about this topic in the past.  

I am liking the changes in selfserve so far.  

srlawren

@imm1304 @NDesai correct me if I'm wrong, but I think they've also clarified the Canada+US-talk option with addition of one very helpful word:

AndTOTheUS.png

I'm pretty sure that wasn't there before

>>> ALERT: I am not a moderator. For account or activation assistance, please click here.

imm1304

@srlawren wrote:

@imm1304 wrote:

Looks like selfserve now allows us to change plan even on expired accounts BEFORE reactivating.  

@imm1304 really?  oh that's huge!!!  it's about time!!!!!

Yessir!  I tested on the expired line and managed to select a new plan and the clickable button reads "Top Up to Reactivate Plan"

srlawren

@imm1304 wrote:

Looks like selfserve now allows us to change plan even on expired accounts BEFORE reactivating.  

@imm1304 really?  oh that's huge!!!  it's about time!!!!!

imm1304

NDesai
Oracle
Oracle

Good to see PM making some visible changes.

Have a look at the "Change Plan" page in self-serve. You should be able to see the change. I believe they probably did the same with Activation. 

imm1304

And selfserve is back online again.  Just logged in to check something and it worked normally.

nekennedy

Of course the second I post this I go back and hit refresh again... and get the system maintenance message. Whew.

nekennedy

I can currently log into selfserve.publicmobile.ca, but can't seem to access anything I need without hitting a timeout. Not sure if this is related to the system maintenance that was done last night.

This is a problem because I seem to have lost the ability to make phone calls!

Yesterdays maintenance was unplanned and i found no changes. But i am expecting the current maintenance to do some real work Smiley Indifferent

ChanPatr

Service was restored shortly after 8:00 am on January 14.

Anonymous
Not applicable

Seems to be up now...

That is probably the first time it ever happened , maintenance started 24 hours early

@ChanPatr Seems like it 😞

ChanPatr

Did the maintenance start early? I’m getting the following message when I go to the following site (http://activate.publicmobile.ca😞

“Site temporarily unavailable for maintenance. Please try again later.
Le site web est temporairement indisponible. Veuillez réessayez plus tard.“

To be quite honest, I do not know of another telecommunications provider, other than possibly TekSaavy, or Start Communications (home internet / voip providers in Ontario) who even give a heads up to subscribers about plannd maintenance.

I never saw a thing from Rogers or WIND when I was with them, and my short period of time with Bell had none either.

danielj
Town Hero / Héro de la Ville

Existing customer or more specifically existing commnity members are appereciating the heads up this message gives them of the up coming maintance and gets them excited that the mainance will hopefully fix the most pressing issue(s). But customer that do not look at post in the community or new customers do not get the same advaced notice, since the information is only noticable visable in the community a place the are possible not award to look or it's importance. Public Mobile should have links in My Account, Getting Started, Plans and other web pages on their website updating more of the relavent people.

Hopefully Public Mobile continue to preform maintance and make changes to continue to make improvements and address our concerns as brought up, including here with in the community.

Acekiller
Deputy Mayor / Adjoint au Maire

Wonder what will get fixed this time!

Need Help? Let's chat.