cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

System maintenance - On October 7th 2019, 10:00 PM ET - October 8th 2019, 07:00 AM ET

Silvio_M
Customer Support Agent

This means that between October 7th 2019, 10:00 PM ET - October 8th 2019, 07:00 AM ET

you won't be able to do the following:

• Access your Self-Serve account
  • Activate a new account

PM.system.PNG

We apologize for any inconvenience this may cause.

** Please do not post private info such as: phone number, account number, pin etc.. This is a public forum. **

18 REPLIES 18

ChuckYeah
Mayor / Maire

@Shane_1011 has just posted that he can no longer call to the US today. Any possibility, this update could have anything to do with it? @CS_Agent 

@lukevader wrote:

Hmm, yes this is interesting that this maintenance is happening 30 days after the buy 1 get 1 billing cycle free period happened.

My bill is supposed to renew (I'm assuming at midnight) and the system will be down. Does this mean I'll lose services until the morning?

It will be renewal time for some during any maintenance. You should be good. Maintenance doesn't mean everything is turned off. Only self serve and activation is taken down.

@lukevader wrote:

Hmm, yes this is interesting that this maintenance is happening 30 days after the buy 1 get 1 billing cycle free period happened.

My bill is supposed to renew (I'm assuming at midnight) and the system will be down. Does this mean I'll lose services until the morning?

@lukevader  Hopefully not...ive had a renewal during system maintenance  and it wasn't an issue but I always make sure that I top up my account to not rely on Auto pay.  If you are depending on Auto pay then I can't say for sure.

lukevader
Model Citizen / Citoyen Modèle

YUGuang
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

Thanks for the heads up.it's good to know these things because then you will be very confused

I assume the mods can get all the same sorts of forum notifications I can get. So if they created a thread/announcement or they've already commented in a thread then there's no real need to flag them into it (except, sometimes, as an example for new members). 

Oh absolutely I do agree with what your saying...so maybe I should say why didn't you tag the people involved but perhaps you are just passively commenting on a post that doesn't need any extra attention. Regardless of all else... your comments and opinions are very welcome and appreciated any extra "oracle" influence you may have on changing the higher ups opinion is always welcome. When users may feel a certain way and dont feel that their opinion matters they assume or expect that yours does. Good to know that the power of the people still exists at pm.

@darlicious wrote:

But of course as an oracle they probably put more weight behind your posts so tagging them is not required to get their attention.

I'm just one person, so if mulitple customers tell them something should be a certain way and I disagree, they'd be far more likley to implement the change that would make the most customers happy.  Public Mobile does see messages that are posted, but might not see everything. When they do see suggestions, that doesn't always mean that the change will be made or even that they agree with them. All customers can do is give their opinions, and it's up to Public Mobile to follow up.

@computergeek541  Thanks for making those suggestions. I don't how often those in charge follow the posts in these situations but I have noticed when I really want the staff at pm hear what I have to say I make sure I tag them. While I may not get a response...when they agree with me or think an idea has merit I either get a response, a bravo or amazingly they actually implement  my suggestion. Which really...is incredible because that never happens at other providers. I cant say for sure but when i commented on the poor timing of system maintenance this weekend i woke up today to find it rescheduled.  But of course as an oracle they probably put more weight behind your posts so tagging them is not required to get their attention. I hope that users dont get the idea that this i a way to draw attention to the regular run of the mill problem. I only draw their attention to posts that affect customer service, retention anbnd site improvements.

If anyone is wondering, this maintenance windows was originally scheduled to be on an earlier date that happened to line up with the last day of the current refer-a-friend promotion.  As such, the refer-a-friend promotion ($10 for the existing customer, $20 for the new referrered customer who activates online on a $25+ plan) still expires on October 6.  In future, I would suggest Public Mobile add a note to about the edits that were made, both to the original post and to edited quotes to avoid any such confusion about that.

ebo12321

Wow again? Too frequent. 

@darlicious wrote:

@Newfiescreech wrote:

Thank you ! For the information on system maintenance on October 7 , 2019 

Thanks again

I realize that the bonus refer a friend credit was extended but Its a little inconvenient to prevent activations for 10 hours on the last day of the promotion with only 48 hours notice. I scheduled a couple of activations specifically for the weekend.

Thanks public mobile and @Silvio_M  and others for moving the system maintenance  to after the end of the refer a friend bonus credit promotion. Monday night to Tuesday morning is a much quieter time as well. Thanks for listening.

Versteeves

Glad you do these memos! My last provider didn’t and it was extremely frustrating 

@Newfiescreech wrote:

Thanks again

I realize that the bonus refer a friend credit was extended but Its a little inconvenient to prevent activations for 10 hours on the last day of the promotion with only 48 hours notice. I scheduled a couple of activations specifically for the weekend.

Newfiescreech
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

Thanks again

@Silvio_M wrote:

This means that between October 7th 2019, 10:00 PM ET - October 8th 2019, 07:00 AM ET

you won't be able to do the following:

• Access your Self-Serve account
  • Activate a new account

I can't help but notice that this maintenance window is scheduled for the last day of a promotion.

cellphoneuser1
Mayor / Maire

Good to know but again?

Lemony_Snicket
Town Hero / Héro de la Ville

These outages seem to be very frequent.  So far I have been pretty lucky with not running into any problems.  Keep up the good work.

Need Help? Let's chat.