cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

System maintenance - On February 2nd  2020, 0:00 AM ET – February 2nd 2020, 10:00 AM ET

Andu_S
Customer Support Agent

System maintenance - On February 2nd  2020, 0:00 AM ET – February 2nd 2020, 10:00 AM ET

This means that between February 2nd  2020, 0:00 AM ET – February 2nd 2020, 10:00 AM ET ET you won't be able to do the following:

•Access your Self-Serve account
•Activate a new account

PM.system (1).PNG

We apologize for any inconvenience this may cause.

** Please do not post private info such as: phone number, account number, pin etc.. This is a public forum. **

BRAVOS.png

54 REPLIES 54

daryl604PTM
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

Absolutely, you get to use code from referral once, and get to hand yours out till everyone is on Public Mobile

Z9999

I understand now. Thanks 

Anonymous
Not applicable

@Z9999 wrote:

So each one code can only use once? 

A referrer can refer as many times as they like using their one code. The new customer can only take one referral. Then THEY can refer as many as they like afterwards.

Z9999

So each one code can only use once? 

daryl604PTM

Did you try private message to moderator, , you can only use code once per account,  If you start a new account, you will need another referral code I think.

Z9999

Have a great weekend 

You are welcome @Z9999 . Have a great weekend .

@Z9999 wrote:

I sent private message . Thank you very much .

Z9999

I sent private message . Thank you very much .

Thanks for answering @Z9999 . To get your sign up bonus, the account holder of the 3rd phone has to contact a moderator and ask them to apply it. Click on the green questionmark in the white circle at the bottom right of your screen.  This connects to the autobot Simon.  Type moderator and follow the prompts to get to one (CLICK on account specific question and human and submit a ticket ). Will need the phone number and the referral code of the person that referred them. If you are unable to contact them that way, private message them using this link https://productioncommunity.publicmobile.ca/t5/notes/composepage/note-to-user-id/22437

@Z9999 wrote:

Thanks.  Sorry my English is not good.  This is the 3rd pone I activated at public mobile.  Yes I did Ienter the referal code at activation. But I didn't get any rewards. 

Z9999

Thanks.  Sorry my English is not good.  This is the 3rd pone I activated at public mobile.  Yes I did Ienter the referal code at activation. But I didn't get any rewards. 

@Z9999 could you please elaborate ? Did your friend refer you?  Did you enter your referal code at activation? And exactly what do you mean by this? 

@Z9999 wrote:

Hi dear, I activated another phone around February 1st  . But I didn't get any Refer a friend rewards.  I did put my code there and the system showed available.  What I can do now?  Thanks. 

Z9999

Hi dear, I activated another phone around February 1st  . But I didn't get any Refer a friend rewards.  I did put my code there and the system showed available.  What I can do now?  Thanks. 

timnoj88
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

Much appreciated for the heads up.

daryl604PTM

That is absolutely very concrete info.  The online system likes to work with a clean slate, less confusion.

@Twells  Sometimes an autopay fail is caused by a downgrade in plan. If you do so manually adding funds to your account to cover the cost will avoid the autopay fail from happening on that cycles renewal.

I advise whenever you are making any changes to your account to clear your browser and use secret/incognito mode. It just makes the system so much happier to work with you rather than against you.

Twells

Yes!  I went incognito. Typed in the amount and reactivate and it worked. I had never changed the plan so this threw me for a loop. My wife has the same cellphone and same renewal date and hers was working.

Thanks for your help

mobileguy
Model Citizen / Citoyen Modèle

@dabr wrote:

@mobileguy wrote:

My renewal happens tonight so hopefully things go smoothly.  Mind you, I added a few dollars into my account yesterday so that the payment would be taken from my account balance and not my CC.  Maybe that makes a difference.  I've heard that auto-pay has some issues now and then when taking a full payment or partial payment from a CC.

@mobileguy  Yes autopay does seem to fail on some accounts, but I believe majority of autpay users rarely have any issues, myself included.  But it doesn't hurt to add funds ahead of time for peace of mind either:)

Correct...and it only took me 2 minutes to do that too.

@mobileguy wrote:

My renewal happens tonight so hopefully things go smoothly.  Mind you, I added a few dollars into my account yesterday so that the payment would be taken from my account balance and not my CC.  Maybe that makes a difference.  I've heard that auto-pay has some issues now and then when taking a full payment or partial payment from a CC.

@mobileguy  Yes autopay does seem to fail on some accounts, but I believe majority of autpay users rarely have any issues, myself included.  But it doesn't hurt to add funds ahead of time for peace of mind either:)

mobileguy

dabr
Mayor / Maire

@Twells wrote:

Have tried rebooting the phone. Have tried re-entering my credit card. It wouldn't re-take my MasterCard so had to add my Visa card. . I received my $2 Reward but no attempt was taken to take my payment. 
Even thought it accepted my Visa and I hit the reactivate plan but no money has been taken out and no activation

I wonder if the system maintenance and your renewal cycle being the same date is part of the issue, although one of my accounts also renewed today and there was no issue.

When you enter a new CC on account make sure you are duplicating the address exactly as shown on the CC statement, also leave apt# blank and no spacing for the postal code.

Can you try calling 611 to see if you can make the payment that way?

@Twells  Was your renewal last night or tonight? Did you change your plan for this renewal? It sounds like an autopay fail. Try to make a payment. (Clear your browser and use secret/incognito mode first) if it accepts your payment , click reactivate if necessary and reboot your phone.

@Twells , you have to manually add the funds and then use the reactivate account option to apply the payment.

@Twells wrote:

Have tried rebooting the phone. Have tried re-entering my credit card. It wouldn't re-take my MasterCard so had to add my Visa card. . I received my $2 Reward but no attempt was taken to take my payment. 
Even thought it accepted my Visa and I hit the reactivate plan but no money has been taken out and no activation

Twells

dabr
Mayor / Maire

@Twells wrote:

Nope. No calls out or in, no text out or in

Does your account show the payment went through?  Also can you try rebooting your phone?

Twells

Nope. No text out or in, no calls out or in

daryl604PTM

We are sitting on some major service disruptions for a few hours overnight, due to breaks in fibre optics networking, which may have taken a few hours to get up and running again.  No effect on actual cell service, just data transmission. 

Twells

Nope. No calls out or in, no text out or in

dabr
Mayor / Maire

@Twells wrote:

Something happened to my account. I'm on autopay. Credit card is fine. Today is my payment date but I'm suspended. Yes, I do have that message ...and to disregard. But it's pretty hard to disregard when your account has actually been suspended! Help!

@Twells  If all your phone services are working then it's alright to completely ignore that suspended message which is an unfortunately displayed on renewal day.

mobileguy

@Twells wrote:

Something happened to my account. I'm on autopay. Credit card is fine. Today is my payment date but I'm suspended. Yes, I do have that message ...and to disregard. But it's pretty hard to disregard when your account has actually been suspended! Help!

@Twells, are you able to make a call out?  Are you able to send or receive text messages?

Twells

Need Help? Let's chat.