cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

System maintenance - From May 10, 2021, 11:00 PM (ET) to May 11, 2021, 09:00 AM (ET)

Silvio_M
Customer Support Agent

Hi Community,

Between May 10, 2021, 11:00 PM (ET) and May 11, 2021, 09:00 AM (ET), you won't be able to do the following:

• Access your Self-Serve account
  • Activate a new account

System maintenance 2021.PNG

We apologize for any inconvenience this may cause.

** Please do not post private info such as phone number, account number, pin etc.. This is a public forum. **

29 REPLIES 29

Dtack
Model Citizen / Citoyen Modèle

Thanks so much for the update and keeping us informed.

Unassigned
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

PM is Telus, they're the same parent company. That means if telus goes down, public mobile is down. No if ands or buts about it, aside from this though I have 3 separate threads with mods acknowledging this is an on going issue and crediting my account for the time paid and lost.

I'm happy you experience no outages but it's a known issue for PM to the point that, even as a pay as you go service, they actually paid for and reimbursed parts of my bills.

BearFBI
Deputy Mayor / Adjoint au Maire

@Unassigned Phone service outage ? 

Are you sure that's a public mobile problem and not a problem with the network or the towers in your area itself ? 

Public Mobile rarely has outages. All the outages are linked to the Telus and sometimes bell network going down. 

I've never experienced one outage in the year I've been with Public Mobile. 

@Unassigned   when did you have phone server outage?  which area was it?

Unassigned

My question was mostly rhetorical. Off the back of 4 separate outages in phone service and then web service, in under a month, with no warning. This isn't exactly helpful for people like myself who are part of an On Call, Overnight staff. 

@Unassigned wrote:

What's todays excuse? 

I suspect that some unexpeted downtime could possibly trigger an automatic maintenance message. 

Unassigned

What's todays excuse? 

@fdrcamb519   After the last maintenance, before this one the shelf service pages open up a lot faster. Just saying 😅

@hTideGnow  Didn't you know change is a good thing. That's PM letting their hair down.  😆

I just notice that it is not a weekend maintenance this time.  I thought they always have this on the weekend.  

@Ericsparrow56 

No....but you may be able to subscribe to the announcements board for email notificafions of announcements but then you might get over run then....

Best to just make a habit of checikng in on the community once a week.

Ericsparrow56
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

Is there a option to get the maintenance announcements via text message?

fdrcamb519

As a result of this maintenance, would be good, if platform worked faster.

@sbouwsema  Good luck.. hope all good.

sbouwsema

Thanks! I’ve got someone looking into it for me 

@sbouwsema  oh no.

open a ticket with the Mod to confirm if the SIM number on their record matches yours..

you can use this directly link for opening SIMjacked related ticket

https://urlshortner.tiia.ai/lmjsvR

sbouwsema

No it’s not working at all. I think my SIM card info may have been stolen 😞

@sbouwsema was your service affected that night?  is it up and running now?  If not, give us some more details and see if we can suggest something.

@sbouwsema wrote:

Is this why I have no service???

This maintenance was related to the self serve and activation systems. There should not be any relation to service not working.

sbouwsema

Is this why I have no service???

sunflowershine

Thanks for your notification!

Newfiescreech

Thanks so much for early noticed .Thanks again 🤗

Dtack
Model Citizen / Citoyen Modèle

Thanks for the advance notice!

Staliger
Mayor / Maire

Appreciate for informing us about this. Keep improving the system😊

Thanks for the heads up....This is a good reminder for anyone who hasn't done it already to fill out their census by May 11th. Get out of the community and submit your census!

Triguy
Mayor / Maire

Thanks for giving us an advanced notice.

softech
Oracle
Oracle

Thanks for notifying.  Last month after the maintenance, the Self-Serve are logging on much quicker (or I should say back to a more reasonable experience  😀)   Let's hope this maintenance will bring us other "goodies"

Need Help? Let's chat.