cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Mayor / Maire

Re: System maintenance - From July 4th, 2020, 10:00 PM ET to July 5th, 2020, 08:00 AM ET

@HTime...mine's fully functional now. I'm in BC.

Edit...the answers from Get Help page aren't working...I get a blank page.

Highlighted
Mayor / Maire

Re: System maintenance - From July 4th, 2020, 10:00 PM ET to July 5th, 2020, 08:00 AM ET

@dacdoter 

@dacdoter wrote:

Yeah, I just found out my daughter's cell phone wasn't working because my credit card expiry date changed with a new card a few months ago.  It still worked once in the month after the old one expired, but then didn't work in June, and I have no idea why Public Mobile didn't simply send me an email telling me I needed to go update the credit card info.

Instead here we are trying to switch to a new hand-me-down phone, it's not working, and it turns out it's nothing to do with the phone switch (we think), it's that they finally cut off her service because autopay didn't work and I wasn't notified!  Confusing!

My credit card expiry date changed recently and Public mobile did sent a text to my phone number about one month before it was expiring.  Other customers have had a similar warning text (not email).  Maybe your daughter received the text and did not mention it to you.  

Highlighted
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

better now for data & plans 

thx

Highlighted

Hey Folks, did the system maintenance event and/or Canada Day and/or US Birthday cause problems with anyone else's PM phone service? I am on auto pay(about the 5th of the month I think) and all has gone perfectly for months. A couple of days ago began to get a message that my PM phone service could be re-established only if I made a payment at *611. Erratic stuff - finally a call went thru. Then I got PM texts which seemed to show all ok. But today, same message and no PM service, when I really needed it. Checking my bank account shows no auto withdrawl.....yet. Will this resolve itself as this special weekend period ends? Should I request a different auto pay date? Should I panic yet? Fred 

Highlighted
Model Citizen / Citoyen Modèle

@lefty4666 if your cards expiry date hasn't changed then I would call 611 and try to make a payment through there or you can login to your self serve account and manually add funds to your account. then click the "reactivate" button when you have "available funds" showing

amount due-01.jpeg

Highlighted
Mayor / Maire

@lefty4666 

I agree with @gpixel4  just hoping your account will pay for itself isn't going to do any good. Youve had an autopay failure. Whether or not it was caused by the system maintenance during your renewal or not the system only tries once to charge your card. If it fails its up to you to manually pay your account and reactivate it. Reboot your phone if necessary. If it still won't take your payment from your balance then log in to your account. Report your phone lost/stolen. Log out. Wait 5 min. Log in. Report found. Log out. Reboot. You should be good to go.....

Highlighted
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

Great, thanks for the info 😊

Highlighted

I don't receive it for the simple reason that it's my daughter's phone, and she pays attention to Instagram, but not SMS or Email 🙂

I gave my own email address as the owner of the account, so I'd rather the failed autopay notice went to ME, not the phone itself.

Highlighted
Mayor / Maire

@dacdoter

Lol......well she would let you know eventually once she stepped away from WiFi....l don't know maybe @nezgar knows a way of forwarding 611 SMS messages from your daughters phone to yours....? Let's see if they answer the bat signal....