cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

System Maintenance - October 8th (Sun) 12.00 am to 10:00 am EST

Shazia_K
Retraité / Retired
Retraité / Retired

This means that on October 8th (Sun) 12.00 am EST to October 8th 10:00 am EST you won't be able to do the following:

• Access your Self-Serve account
  • Activate a new account

maintenance.jpg

Please excuse us for any inconvenience this may cause.

* Please do not post private info such as: phone number, account number, pin etc.. This is a public forum.
14 REPLIES 14

@demons wrote:

COVERAGE SUCKS 

So you are saying Telus/Bell coverage is not good? Public Mobile has the same coverage if you didn't know. 

demons
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

COVERAGE SUCKS 

demons
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

sorry but Public MOBILE COVERAGE SUCKS

@Shazia_K wrote:

This means that on October 8th (Sun) 12.00 am EST to October 8th 10:00 am EST you won't be able to do the following:

• Access your Self-Serve account
  • Activate a new account

maintenance.jpg

Please excuse us for any inconvenience this may cause.

jt17g
Great Citizen / Super Citoyen

thanks for the reminderHeart

NDesai
Oracle
Oracle

I hope this maintenance is not the usual one, and they actually implement a fix for a lot of major issues.

kav2001c
Mayor / Maire

System maintanance on Thanksgiving weekend??? Cat Frustrated

Why???

I mean really if you guys needed a day off I get it 

dna2016
Deputy Mayor / Adjoint au Maire

Finally a company that learns to do their maintenance at night, when majority of people are sleeping.  Great job Public Mobile.  Least amount of disruption for customers is definitely putting your best foot forward.  You'd be surprised how many companies don't consider these small ideas.  Many little things like this do make a difference. 

dna2016

Hi @MEU_21,

Technicaly @Shazia_K was correct.  From midnight of October 8th to October 8th 10am is a Sunday.  I'm sure most people will be sleeping during this maintenance anyways, I know I will be.

dna2016

Thanks @Shazia_K for letting us know far in advance.  Really appreciate it.

MEU_21
Model Citizen / Citoyen Modèle

I really don't care - I'll be buzy with znoring zzzzzzz's - dreaming of a 24-hour coo-coo clock.

However, and I really hate being the guy every time, it is still EDT on October 8th, so is it a typo on the status of daylight savings, or is it actually 11:00 pm Saturday to 9:00 am Sunday.

saying Eastern, or Toronto “local” time makes more sense, or posting consistently the correct daylight savings correctly.

Again, it’s always me pointing this out, and I truly hate being that guy, but it is a 1 hour difference between EDT and EST. Also, not everyone in Canada observes daylight savings time.

Edit:  Oops, I made a mistake... I shortened the end time.  Fixed now.

srlawren
Retired Oracle / Oracle Retraité

@MEU_21 not necessarily.  Midnight of Oct 8th is the start of the day.  So it looks like a 10 hour outage staring at midight Sunday morning and ending at 10AM Sunday morning.

>>> ALERT: I am not a moderator. For account or activation assistance, please click here.

MEU_21
Model Citizen / Citoyen Modèle

@Shazia_K

I think you meant  October 9th 10:00am

@Shazia_K wrote:

This means that on October 8th (Sun) 12.00 am EST to October 8th 10:00 am EST you won't be able to do the following

ShawnC13
Oracle
Oracle

Thanks for the heads up Shazia!!  Is it just me or has it been awhile since there was maintenance shut down.  They were quite often earlier in the year.

I am happy to help, but I am not a Customer Support Agent please do not include any personal info in a message to me. Click HERE to create a trouble ticket through SIMon the Chatbot *

Need Help? Let's chat.