cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

System Maintenance - August 11th 12:00am to 7:00am (EST)

Shazia_K
Retraité / Retired
Retraité / Retired

This means that from 12:00am to 7:00am on August 11th you won't be able to do the following:

• Access your Self-Serve account
  • Activate a new account

maintenance.jpgPlease excuse us for any inconvenience this may cause. 

* Please do not post private info such as: phone number, account number, pin etc.. This is a public forum.
13 REPLIES 13

@Jeremy_M@Shazia_K, just curious:

Out of all the issues that plagued PM, how many were wiped out, and how many remain, and of course the one's that remain at large, are they mainly minor, or major?

It's those that can spoil or keep a potential PM guest Client in the long term 

kutzki
Model Citizen / Citoyen Modèle
@Jeremy_M thank you very much for your response, and my understanding, you now have it. Lol get your house in order my friend. 😉

Jeremy_M
Retraité / Retired
Retraité / Retired

Hey @kutzki,

Thank you for sharing your thoughts and concerns! I agree and understand how this can be frustrating not only for you but others as well.

I also understand sometimes we need more than patience, we need a resolution to our problems and patience at times doesn't cut it out.

The good news is that there currently is no major issue that is impacting the majority or a high number of our customers, don't get me wrong....there are issues, but very few are impacted by them.

We are trying our absolute best to make sure even the small annoying issues get fixed asap.

Thanking you in advance for understanding 🙂

Cheers,

Jeremy

kutzki

@srlawren I've already been through this with @Jeremy_M so I appreciate you letting me know that, and to all of you who are saying be patient, this shouldn't have been an issue in the first place. Considering that the only way we can access our accounts are through the website, it should be basically the MAIN thing that runs smoothly and without issues, but there seems to be issue after issue after issue. Shouldn't take longer than a couple of days to fix a "Generic Error"..... Unless they don't have a systems administrator/back end manager, which I'm pretty sure they do so either that dude isn't as good at his job as he should be, ORRRRR they need a second one on staff. This is becoming a habit, and extremely annoying.... You're PM... Owned by telus. Please make stuff work properly the first time. I know I sound  but to be honest it shouldn't be a privilege to access the my account page. It should pretty much be a guarantee. I don't expect 100% uptime because maintenance is pretty much a necessity in everything, but I should be able to expect at least a 95% uptime. Atm all I'm seeing are issues with the website, which, as there is no phone support, is the only thing we actually get access to. Waiting 48 hours for a response isn't doable, and if nobody replies to your message, I end up having to jump from support person to support person to see who will actually be online and available to help. I'd say I'm upset, but I'm simply disappointed at the level of service. I expected more after a year or two. Things are moving far too slowly as other companies are trying to move forward, you're going two steps forward, one and a half steps back. Lol before everyone trips out at my annoyances and tells me that I should be grateful things are cheap, and the people here are nice, I should say that I am grateful of that, but as I'm still paying for a service, I expect that service to work somewhat flawlessly, and I don't think that's such an unrealistic expectation. We're in 2016.... No longer in the age of dial up. Consumers now have access to 250mbps download speeds, and 100mbps upload speeds. There are drives with write speeds of 500mbps. Phones can do what most computers can. Why can't PM keep its crap in order? It really can't be that difficult of a thing, yes it's a company, but companies are meant to be run smoothly. Might not always go as planned, but it often doesn't at PM from what I'm seeing. Yeah the public lab ideas are actually getting looked at and Implemented or thrown out which is a big step forward from before but there's still consistently issues with the website. I shouldn't have to wait this long for a fix to an issue multiple users are having.

srlawren
Retired Oracle / Oracle Retraité

@kutzki wrote:
Lol well the maintenance didn't fix jack.

@kutzki Not all maintenance windows are to deploy bug fixes. This could have been routine database maintenance, operating system patching on the server(s), or other tasks that have no visible impact to us customers, but require a bit of offline downtime and are needed for the ongoing operation of the system.

>>> ALERT: I am not a moderator. For account or activation assistance, please click here.

kutzki
Lol well the maintenance didn't fix jack.

lostinspace
Great Citizen / Super Citoyen
If you send your IMEI, NAME AND AUTHORIZED NAME ON THE OTHER PROVIDER'S ACCOUNT ALONG WITH YOUR OLD NUMBER sure Shazia can get you ported to PUBLIC MOBILE. Key is the numbers check them twice if need be thrice before you PM Shazia. So is the account name. NO MISTAKES allowed on that. If all them are good, it would be done. Remember patience is the virtue.

Shazia_K
Retraité / Retired
Retraité / Retired

Hello @dboxtvinfo

I will be glad to help you out, can you please send me a private message with these info: 

- Public Mobile phone number

-Porting number and account number

Not sure how to send me or see private messages? Click here

Thanks,

Shazia

* Please do not post private info such as: phone number, account number, pin etc.. This is a public forum.

kutzki

Will it fix this error, I've now received 3 days in a row when trying to login? LOL

Capture.PNG

lostinspace
Great Citizen / Super Citoyen
Thats exactly what I was looking for

As long as the Maintenance fixes the glitches a bit, personally alot, then I am ok 

datako
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

I find it funny that I've had no issues with PM's online system so far *knock on wood*

Rogers is always inaccessible at night until morning and often I can't even log in. Still a little freaked out that I left rogers after 14 years.

But...

LOVE PUBLIC MOBILE SO FAR!!! Keep it up and have fun with your maintenance 🙂

srlawren
Retired Oracle / Oracle Retraité

Thanks for letting us know, @Shazia_K.  

>>> ALERT: I am not a moderator. For account or activation assistance, please click here.
Need Help? Let's chat.