Maintenance schedule:

4th of July: 12:00 am to 07:00 am ET

5th of July: 12:00 am to 07:00 am ET

5-6th July:  5th July 11:00 PM to 6th July 7:00 AM ET

This means that you won't be able to do the following:

• Access your Self-Serve account
  • Activate a new account

large.png

Please excuse us for any inconvenience this may cause.

Shazia

* Please do not post private info such as: phone number, account number, pin etc.. This is a public forum.
21 REPLIES 21

@mixmanmash Please start a new topic if you are having an issue, not a lot of memebers will check in the announcement part of the community.

Nsk143
Town Hero / Héro de la Ville
If you having issue and sim says invalid then you definitely need a mod help send a private msg to mod team they will help you out.

mixmanmash
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin
I agree. I got caught in this. Just simply lockout the activation citing maintenance.

I now have the "invalid SIM" error.

Nsk143
Maybe you still under porting process are you using iOS or Android.

Larryjrclancy
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

Would this be why I am getting no data just signed up ? I can call and text how can I fix this?

Acekiller
Deputy Mayor / Adjoint au Maire

hope this will clear up some of the bugs

TheOldVR
Deputy Mayor / Adjoint au Maire

Woo hoo - Canada Day gifts!!!

YAY!!!

kentnleung
Great Citizen / Super Citoyen

@wetcoaster wrote:

@kav2001c wrote:

@jet its not that funny since many people leave things to last minute and now it says despite promo being extended they can not activate?

Nobody said they cannot activate! If you go back to Shazia's inital post it clearly says that activation is not availble for a clearly indicated, limited amount of time during the night / very early morning hours of the days indicated.

Technically there are still 16 hours and 59 minutes left for activation after the end of the last maintenance period (July 6, 07:00) until the end of the promotion (July 6, 23:59).

If I'm eager to jump on a limited promotion I'm not leaving it to the very last second of the extension... but that is obiously my very personal approach to things.

they should probably make this more prominent in the front page or something as i bet you a lot of potential PM customers wont be knowing this and some will find that they won't be able to port especially if they just ordered their new sims in the past few days and it gets to them early next week.

@kav2001c wrote:

@jet its not that funny since many people leave things to last minute and now it says despite promo being extended they can not activate?

Nobody said they cannot activate! If you go back to Shazia's inital post it clearly says that activation is not availble for a clearly indicated, limited amount of time during the night / very early morning hours of the days indicated.

Technically there are still 16 hours and 59 minutes left for activation after the end of the last maintenance period (July 6, 07:00) until the end of the promotion (July 6, 23:59).

If I'm eager to jump on a limited promotion I'm not leaving it to the very last second of the extension... but that is obiously my very personal approach to things.

Nsk143
Thanks for updating us ahead of time. Because of this early updates I ported over bit earlier and glad I switched.

PriMo
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

... New plans ? Robot tongue

lammer03

Thank you for your answer, I just wanted to make sure when people ask I would know how to help out the community by giving similar answers and dont want conflicting news to confuse more people, lol.

@lammer03 wrote:

Just out of curiousity what does this mean to people are still interested in trying to port over to this promo? 

The impact is negligible.  These maintenance outagage are occuring in the night when there is virutally no account activity.  Only @Samianauman and mice are stirring at that time of night, lol.  I suspect as others have suggested as well that there is likely to be a further extension of the promo.  All these activation issues are slowing the migration of people to the promo.  As long as they see strong uptake, they will probably keep the promo alive. 

Yeah, let's hope all the activation bugs are gone, particularly the insecure content in the secured web pages.  Right now, I find the system to be worse than back in 2016.  I experienced zero failures back then.  That wealth of experience was totally useless in helping my friends with avoiding activation problems this time. 

lammer03

Just out of curiousity what does this mean to people are still interested in trying to port over to this promo? 

X-Files
Model Citizen / Citoyen Modèle

Good to know all things keep coming better, thanks.

I am assuming they will have to extend the promo for a second time. Not just because of all the issues but also because this maintenance falls during the extended promo time.
Anyway thanks as always Shazia for the updates

jet
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

it's funny they choose to do the maintenance on 4-6 of July when they extend the Freedom competitive response promo to July 6

ShawnC13
Oracle
Oracle

Shazia, thanks for the heads up and hopefully this will look into the large amount of new issues that seem to have come up during this most recent promo.

I am happy to help, but I am not a Customer Support Agent please do not include any personal info in a message to me. Click HERE to create a trouble ticket through SIMon the Chatbot *

xCameron94x
Mayor / Maire

Thats a lot of maintenance! Hopefully it fixes most of the issues we've been seeing. Appreciate all of the hard work

mimmo
Retired Oracle / Oracle Retraité

hopefully fixing some of the errors we encountered during the FM promo

Need Help? Let's chat.