cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Model Citizen / Citoyen Modèle

Re: Special announcement coming soon

Have to admit there's been lots of great ideas & guesses & comments.

I don't recall a preview announcement when adding retail options in the past either - usually a 1 or 2 month special (such as a credit to offset sim or 2nd month).

I was surprised that someone noted that they've had vending machines before& doubt it would be that.  e-sim would be cool for the newer phones but since few tel co's have it yet doubt PM would get that already.

The phrasing does make it sound like a new distribution option.

Doubt it's a new plan but if it is... 

I too would like a plan to compete with Freedom's $20 -$5 (if auto pay) = $15 which has 100 minutes, unlimited text & tiny bit of fast data. 

PM's $10 plan (50min/ 50 text) has been great for kids first plan but it's bit of jump to $20 for unlimited text - or - unltd call). Kid has been great. Had the plan for 6 months & only over a little - so for minutes the add on minutes has been handy to cover but no add on for text.

Hmm, i guess we have to keep watch for the announcement. 

Say did anybody suggest the availability of a couple of basic phones? Some competitors have that - although most of us have a hand me down phones & this would mean inventory & delivery...  

Model Citizen / Citoyen Modèle

@Alan_K wrote:

Hey Community,

Back in the summer of ‘17, we announced that we were expanding our presence by selling our SIM cards at both national and independent retailers.  We wanted to give Canadians more control and choice: purchase and activate online or visit your local neighbourhood store.

Since then, we’ve launched at many great retail partners like, Walmart, WOW! Mobile, K-Mobile, London Drugs, The Mobile Shop, Koodo Authorized Dealers, and various independent wireless retailers. In 2019, we’re continuing this journey with the same goal in mind: empower more Canadians to do wireless differently. To that end, we have yet another special announcement coming soon about an exciting addition to our current line-up. Stay tuned for more details!

- Public Mobile Community Team

@Alan_K stated "Stay tuned for more details!" ... No details on the date of the annoucement. ... If they are trying to hype up an anouncement, they can tell us the date of the annoucement.

Mayor / Maire

Surprised not many guesses / bets in this thread

My guess> BestBuy

National chain, no pressure no commission, etc

Mayor / Maire

I dunno theres alot of capital cost involved there

Plus labour to stock / collect

@slash407 wrote:

it has to be vending machines, thats the way the worlds moving

Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

Woman Indifferent  Sadly, I was hoping for new methods for making payments.

Don't get me wrong, I feel expansion is good especially if I might have another location where I can make a payment but seriously, not being able to make payments from my bank website is ludicrous. It is the one and only method I use to pay all my utilities.

As far as I know, the only online method is via credit cards and the only other option is to go to a brick & mortar location, buy what seem to be random quantities and then apply them to the account. Please correct me if I'm wrong. 

As others have said, I agree... Skip the hype.

Oracle

@dlovestoshare  Wider range of payment options at these online locations for vouchers: https://www.recharge.com/en/canada/public-mobile-top-up and https://www.ding.com.

>>> ALERT: I AM NOT A MODERATOR. JE NE SUIS PAS MODERATEUR.
Oracle

@Alan_K  Not ready yet, eh? A week is not long enough drama I guess. Perhaps, a month will suffice. Wait a minute, I know who knows.Robot LOL

Orson Welles.jpgThe Shadow

>>> ALERT: I AM NOT A MODERATOR. JE NE SUIS PAS MODERATEUR.

@Luddite wrote:

@Alan_K  Not ready yet, eh? A week is not long enough drama I guess. Perhaps, a month will suffice. Wait a minute, I know who knows.Robot LOL

Orson Welles.jpgThe Shadow

The Shadow knows!  Smiley Wink

Mayor / Maire

With all this hype and the long wait ....sure wouldn't want to be responsible for this if it is a DUD. Robot Mad

Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

My guesses (aka wishlist)
-Speed bump for 3G plans, maybe 10mb down, 3.5 up?
-LTE Data Add-ons (IE: LTE speed one-time data booster with rollover?)
-Data Rollover in general?

I think this because the direct competitor that operates a similar business model was likely expected to "Fizz" out. They just recently came out of beta, so to prevent customers from leaving or to have similar offerings, they have to adapt slightly. The only major one that FM offers which PM doesn't, is data rollover for 3 months. Aside from that, they have rewards, loyalty, no call centers, and their plans are generally $1 cheaper for the same features (no biggie).

Except FM has zones...kind of. Less so than Freedom, but more so than PM.

Anyways, these are my thoughts and wishes...