Mayor / Maire

Re: Special announcement coming soon

@Alan_K wrote:

coming soon

zzz... ETA on "soon"?

le54VuC.jpg

Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

I signed up in a flea market this Sunday. Better offers than stores, free sim and $60 voucher.  This is probably new channel of presence in places where people go.  

Model Citizen / Citoyen Modèle

With all this hype caused by withholding this info from us, it better be good or it will be a big letdown.

Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

Conversation overheard at Public Mobile Marketing HQ (local Tim Horton's)...

Bob, Team Leader in Public Mobile Marketing: Hey Jimbo, what do you think if we annouce a teaser, to get people excited about Public Mobile?

Jim (reports to Bob) in Public Mobile Marketing: Bob, I think that's an awesome idea.

Bob, Team Leader in Public Mobile Marketing: This is going to be epic! It will drive customers to Public Mobile in droves. The c-suite is going to love me.

Jim (reports to Bob) in Public Mobile Marketing: Errr, Bob....is that it?

Bob, Team Leader in Public Mobile Marketing: What do you mean?

Jim (reports to Bob) in Public Mobile Marketing: First of all, it's a fantastic idea, Public Mobile wouldn't be where it is today without your leadership. Second, could you let me in on what we're teasing?

Bob, Team Leader in Public Mobile Marketing: The usual.  New plans, new retailers/channels to sell Public Mobile SIMs. Anything to increase the number of Public Mobile customers. Do I have to think of everything? Geez.

Jim (reports to Bob) in Public Mobile Marketing: Yes, of course, your ideas are amazing, as always.

Bob, Team Leader in Public Mobile Marketing: The next quarter financials are coming up, so get on this stat!

Jim (reports to Bob) in Public Mobile Marketing: Sure thing. Wait, when should this marketing campaign begin and how long should we run it for?

Bob, Team Leader in Public Mobile Marketing: That's your job, Jimbo. I take care of the sizzle, you and the rest of the team take care of the steak.

Jim (reports to Bob) in Public Mobile Marketing: Yes, you're right.  The team and I will figure out the details.  

Bob, Team Leader in Public Mobile Marketing: Cool, I knew I could count on you guys.  It's your turn to buy today, right?  I'll have a large double double and might as well add a dozen donuts for the rest of the team.  

Jim (reports to Bob) in Public Mobile Marketing: No problem, I'll pickup the tab today...hmmph.

Apologies to Jim and Bob in Marketing.

Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

Must be new roaming options. Mexico? Update to US roaming add-ons? That's what I'm guessing.

@sherr6 wrote:

Must be new roaming options. Mexico? Update to US roaming add-ons? That's what I'm guessing.

Doubt it. It's going to be about stores and new ways and places to buy. If not, why say all that stuff about the other retailers?

Deputy Mayor / Adjoint au Maire

Everyone is watiing. 

It probably has nothing to do with the plan. Cat Happy

Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

I just reread it again, and I agree with you, @cavemantoronto.

Someone mentioned vending machines... that would be a great idea in my opinion. I've had an issue purchasing at a Walmart weeks ago. And based on what I read here, I'm not alone in that.

Mayor / Maire

If They add PayPal and More Roam around the Globe, I'd be happy, Imagine, Roam in Rome, and saying hi as you eat a slice of Roam Pizza, That would be interesting

Have to admit there's been lots of great ideas & guesses & comments.

I don't recall a preview announcement when adding retail options in the past either - usually a 1 or 2 month special (such as a credit to offset sim or 2nd month).

I was surprised that someone noted that they've had vending machines before& doubt it would be that.  e-sim would be cool for the newer phones but since few tel co's have it yet doubt PM would get that already.

The phrasing does make it sound like a new distribution option.

Doubt it's a new plan but if it is... 

I too would like a plan to compete with Freedom's $20 -$5 (if auto pay) = $15 which has 100 minutes, unlimited text & tiny bit of fast data. 

PM's $10 plan (50min/ 50 text) has been great for kids first plan but it's bit of jump to $20 for unlimited text - or - unltd call). Kid has been great. Had the plan for 6 months & only over a little - so for minutes the add on minutes has been handy to cover but no add on for text.

Hmm, i guess we have to keep watch for the announcement. 

Say did anybody suggest the availability of a couple of basic phones? Some competitors have that - although most of us have a hand me down phones & this would mean inventory & delivery...