cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Special announcement coming soon

Alan_K
Deputy Mayor / Adjoint au Maire

Hey Community,

Back in the summer of ‘17, we announced that we were expanding our presence by selling our SIM cards at both national and independent retailers.  We wanted to give Canadians more control and choice: purchase and activate online or visit your local neighbourhood store.

Since then, we’ve launched at many great retail partners like, Walmart, WOW! Mobile, K-Mobile, London Drugs, The Mobile Shop, Koodo Authorized Dealers, and various independent wireless retailers. In 2019, we’re continuing this journey with the same goal in mind: empower more Canadians to do wireless differently. To that end, we have yet another special announcement coming soon about an exciting addition to our current line-up. Stay tuned for more details!

- Public Mobile Community Team

104 REPLIES 104

Sbrown917
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

I saw it on Twitter yesterday 

shskr
Model Citizen / Citoyen Modèle

Ad campaign. Never seen an ad for public mobile on tv or anywhere else. When I researched cell providers and their sister companies I found PM.

@cavemantoronto wrote:

@shskr wrote:

Saw an ad on instagram yesterday from Public mobile. It was one of those !0 sec ads. Maybe thats it.

You think the annoucement is in the ad or you think an ad campaign is the special announcement?

@shskr wrote:

Saw an ad on instagram yesterday from Public mobile. It was one of those !0 sec ads. Maybe thats it.

You think the annoucement is in the ad or you think an ad campaign is the special announcement?

shskr

srlawren
Retired Oracle / Oracle Retraité

@Pizzaeh wrote:

Nein.jpg

@Pizzaeh priceless... very on-point meme!  If I could bravo it a dozen times, I'd do so.

>>> ALERT: I am not a moderator. For account or activation assistance, please click here.

Very funny @CalgaryBen !!! Good one.....and maybe true....but perhaps not good for us ....

Sbrown917
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

Only one that matters is Public Mobile 🤗

CalgaryBen

I think the announcement has to do with AI bots.  Lots of them.  Moderator bots.  They've just unleashed them a few at a time in the last few days, and they're now amongst us, randomly popping up and answering posts...

denis2

I dont have shipping costs with prime, and they deliver to my door in just 2 days

@denis2, buy what from Amazon?  A plan, a phone, a SIM?  How does Amazon make it easier?

You can already go to one of five different retailers in Canada, and get all of these.  Without shipping costs.

popping
Retired Oracle / Oracle Retraité

@denis2 wrote:

being able to buy from Amazon would be great !

Great idea especially for the prime members with weekend delivery.

denis2

Beeing able to buy from Amazon would be great !

shskr

@Alan_K wrote:

Hey Community,

Back in the summer of ‘17, we announced that we were expanding our presence by selling our SIM cards at both national and independent retailers.  We wanted to give Canadians more control and choice: purchase and activate online or visit your local neighbourhood store.

Since then, we’ve launched at many great retail partners like, Walmart, WOW! Mobile, K-Mobile, London Drugs, The Mobile Shop, Koodo Authorized Dealers, and various independent wireless retailers. In 2019, we’re continuing this journey with the same goal in mind: empower more Canadians to do wireless differently. To that end, we have yet another special announcement coming soon about an exciting addition to our current line-up. Stay tuned for more details!

- Public Mobile Community Team

Sounds like more places to buy SIM cards or easier to activate from a different retail outlet. That's what I get from the announcement above.

wickedgx
Great Citizen / Super Citoyen

Maybe they forgot about this Smiley Surprised

bud21ca

@stonechucker  I agree, we are left just hanging here waiting for this huge announcement! 

Sadly, I'm starting to wonder if there will ever be a special announcement.  @Alan_K, haven't we waited long enough?

@tehowennathe wrote:

I doubt it will be a Koodo Migration deal as in past they said they where working on making Public Mobile better. If it's a Koodo Migration deal then it's not making PM better.

Koodo migration (postpaid) from PM is part of the Telus master plan. Robot Sad

>>> ALERT: I am not a CSA. Je ne suis pas un Agent du soutien à la clientèle.

wickedgx

@Pizzaeh LOL maybe it was bait all along and I fell for it Smiley LOL

Pizzaeh

Nein.jpg

wickedgx

I'm looking forward to this news. Maybe I joined at the right time! 😄

tehowennathe

I doubt it will be a Koodo Migration deal as in past they said they where working on making Public Mobile better. If it's a Koodo Migration deal then it's not making PM better.

Perhaps no surprise at the end, that's surprising!  Cat Happy

Its not that unbelievable

The other Blue carrier is offering the exact same migration offer if switch to the Red carrier postpaid

So kinda surprising Telus is napping right now

@Lag333 wrote:

I just want this announcement to be, “ we have a Koodo migration promo!” Awwe yeah! I am definitely waiting for one. 

Hey I can dream. 

What's the prize for winning this?  lol

The big announcement is going to be that Bell and Rogers are going to sell PM sim cards!  Bell and Rogers decided they cannot compete with PM and will try to cooperate with them instead.  hahaha

Or, they will just start to sell unlocked phones with discounts at their retail  partners.  Now this would be very cool don't you think?  Smiley LOL   Smiley Very Happy

Azhkn
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

Cool

Lag333

I just want this announcement to be, “ we have a Koodo migration promo!” Awwe yeah! I am definitely waiting for one. 

Hey I can dream. 

Swedish-Berries
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

@mtfolks wrote:

This thread seems incredibly pointless. Why not just MAKE the announcement?

$5 says the “big” announcement ends up being incredibly underwhelming...

At the conclusion of the brainstorming session, the newbie thought they said keep the worst idea.

@mtfolks wrote:

@mtfolks  Welcome to public mobile.

mtfolks
Town Hero / Héro de la Ville

SkimGuy

Hopefully another Koodo migration deal haha

Need Help? Let's chat.