cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

Re: Special Announcement Revealed!

Hello all,

Brand new to Public Mobile. Recommended by a friend and pleased I made the change. Connecting was seamless.

Good luck with the kiosk's

americantug

Deputy Mayor / Adjoint au Maire

@denis2 wrote:

Why is everybody beeing so negative about this announcement, when we joined we knew that this was an online help platform, for one i am happy i dont have to deal with phone reps in who knows what country to solve my problems. This is what i chose to switch to and so far i am satisfied with the help i have gotten from all of you on line. So you did not get your pizza, get over it.Man Tongue

Ahem, @denis2  I’m having 🍕 right now. 

Mayor / Maire

I think that PM having Kiosks is NOT the Best idea, a Vending Machine would have been more appropriate.

This Big announcement was Depressing.

Just saying, I would have expected more out of PM and this is a waste of material.

Just my opinion

Mayor / Maire

The Community is ok, works.

The New Ask for Help thing, I have my doubts that it will work 

PM I think is missing out on other Key areas

Mayor / Maire

The Community is ok, works.

The New Ask for Help thing, I have my doubts that it will work 

PM I think is missing out on other Key areas

Hoping PM will have something Greater to announce eventually

@makkahn28, can you suggest more options?  I liked the vending machine idea also, however that is a huge expense to get running, dealing with possible vandalism, and inventory restocking on a consistant basis.  I’m not saying is impossible, but a staffed kiosk has more opportunity to pull potential customers, than a vending machine.

Mayor / Maire

@stonechucker , @Alan_K , perhaps IF PM had Online Tutorials that go into specifics, then that may render Kiosks obsolete.

The Vending Machines would be more cost effective, and perhaps allow PM to concentrate on more Big Hot topic Issues, like Glitch issues when they occur, Perhaps MORE LTE related Promos, 

Perhaps work on eventually introducing an E-Sim when Phones start to become much more popular.

I can already sense that ONCE March 17 comes and call centers disappear, there will always be a chain reaction here and there. 

You know, IF PM, Let's say introduced an Postpaid, BUT with ZERO Call Center, Online support as it is now, No Phone sell, Kiosks and such, BUT added Stuff, who knows, maybe this could be the beginning of a NEW future in how Telecom's operate.

Plus, The Ask Help thing, I find the layout obtuse.

I can say that I am not confident that it will work. 

PM should have SOME Online Vids of Popular  things, like what is Power Cycling, how to Transfer A/C to

an Q&A Vid, this might perhaps cut down on the Red Tape that can be quite taxing.

Plus, Kiosks are NOT exactly cheap.

Prices could certainly rise, Only a matter of Percentage.

Streamlining things might be better than what is occuring right now

Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

@popping wrote:

Great choice for the Marlborough Mall location in Calgary.  It is not a high end mall like the Chinook Mall or Market Mall.  It fits the PM no frill model.  The Marlborough Mall WM mobile store just need to tell the new subscribers to buy SIM at the nearby PM kiosk. lol

I haven't read all the comments to see if anyone chimed in on this but I think Marlborough Mall is a horrible choice. Sure it's in a lower income area where customers will appreciate the price, yes it's in a mall that will have lower costs but it's also a mall people don't want to go to. There's next to no stores people frequent, it's dirty and there's a walmart attached where you can already activate public mobile. 

Sunridge Mall would be a better choice. It's in the same area, is totally clean and remodeled, has stores people actually go to, would have still have a lower cost compared to Chinook or Market and there's no walmart attached.

I frequent Sunridge because I like the smaller mall and it's a nice mall. I avoid Marlborough like the plague .

Great Citizen / Super Citoyen

Hopefully the price won't increase to cover the rental and extra wages. 

Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

great,thanks PM