cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Model Citizen / Citoyen Modèle

Re: Hi @danielj New kiosks means new opportunities for exist...

@Razvan_A wrote:

Easier access to the service, will be bringing easier access to rewards.

Razvan

You're absolutely right!  I can go and stand by the kiosk for a few minutes at a time while on break from work or after work and approach someone activating a sim to use my number as a referrer if they don't have one.  That would be $1 per person per month discount for me.  Why I could buy them a coffee for a couple of bucks as a welcoming gift to the PM community and still come out $10 ahead for the year.

Nah, too much work and I would appear too creepy . . .  lol

Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

Re: Special Announcement Revealed!

Excellent .

Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

Honestly? If anything, it will give more exposure to PM and more brand awareness. WOW Mobile doesn't really scream Public Mobile, but if you suddenly have a kiosk advertising Public Mobile, you suddenly have brand advertising. I don't think it will affect rates at all... if anything, I would expect that more people would be likely to join PM and be more aware of the service available.

@Razvan_A   

"Unless existing customers for some reason are looking for a new SIM or helping refer somebody on the spot there are no benefits to existing customers." 

My original post directly brought up the point of referring new customers and how that was basically one of the few benefits of the kiosk.

Why would you try to act like your pointing out new information to me.

Kiosk or not we get refer a friend rewards. It will still involve pretty much the same amount of effort from our end, since @6500K brought himself he would have to try not to appear too much of a creep or cheapskate preying on the new customers approaching the Kiosk.

The Kiosks in one way duplicates the one element of the refer a friend process.

The two people I referred, I am the one the turned too if when the have had issue signing up or any other issues with the service. The refer the friend progress is have us act as the Kiosk and call center.

The refer the Kiosks will not make any drastic changes to the refer the friend progress. Most people that are referred by friends will still likely sign up online. People working at the Kiosks will possible be biased to deter people to implement the refer a friend process during activation to try to save Public Mobile some money.

New SIMs, Load Vouchers, and possibly some benefits to help refer friends are the few possible benefits to existing customers. Most of the existing customer likely currently doing most of this through Public Mobile website and not leaving their house to do so. The cost of the  Kiosks is not overall worth it to existing customers. Especially when you have been asking Public Mobile to fix the issues with their system and not add another ineffective layer. We see the overall retail landscape is eroding and being replace by e-commerce (example amazon). Public Mobile should not be going backwards.

One of the only other small benefits is being able to have some quality control for retail sign up and people to tell and show other retail partners how Public Mobile wants it to be done.

@computergeek541 wrote:

@RossN wrote:

why not just sell your product in the telus or koodo stores that already exist and save a crap load of money?

Likely, they don't want the brands competing with each other within the same store.

Actually near by where I live there is a originally a Telus store, but 2 years ago they added a Koodo sign to the building. It's a small store next to a Chinese restaurant and a Subway restaurant. It's rather small but the two logos sit side by side 

great job and with this cost cutting venture, i hope PM cuts down the prices of the plans, gotta love self-serve. Dont have to deal with staff  refusing to sell a sim

Great Citizen / Super Citoyen

@Lieux wrote:

@Camelia_M I don't understand...why the staff would not help the customers with problems??? They will not be trained in public mobile site and problems?

True--it kind of sucks that SIM activation will be the only type of support at PM kiosks. . why even bother having them? Yes, brand promotion, but the customer expectation will be tech support Smiley Sad

Deputy Mayor / Adjoint au Maire

As long as the price of our plans remain the same, then it is good to see PM expanding and growing the brand with physical kiosks. Again, hopefully not at the cost of our competitive phone plans.

Hey I just found out something interesting.  You can change the subject of this message but still have it included in the thread.  When I replied to @Razvan_A I didn't realize he had changed the subject line . . .

Sorry for the aside that's not related to this thread.

@Watoko wrote:

As long as the price of our plans remain the same, then it is good to see PM expanding and growing the brand with physical kiosks. Again, hopefully not at the cost of our competitive phone plans.

I am not speaking on behalf of PM, but I agree that they will not increase the cost of their current plans to offset the costs of opening kiosks.  The backlash from the community would be huge!