cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Re: Special Announcement Revealed!

@RossN wrote:

why not just sell your product in the telus or koodo stores that already exist and save a crap load of money?

Likely, they don't want the brands competing with each other within the same store.

Mayor / Maire

@computergeek541 wrote:

@RossN wrote:

why not just sell your product in the telus or koodo stores that already exist and save a crap load of money?

Likely, they don't want the brands competing with each other within the same store.

Telus does not want to cross-selling its sub-brands Koodo/PM in Telus store as long as I can remember.

Deputy Mayor / Adjoint au Maire

Exciting times at Public Mobile!

We shall see where this takes the PM brand as the kiosks emerge... While it's great to see more ways to recruit customers, there is a risk of creating new overhead without the payoff, time will tell what Telus has planned for the future of PM...

Hi @danielj New kiosks means new opportunities for exist...

Hi @danielj

New kiosks means new opportunities for existing customers, too Smiley Happy.

As we all know, new customers can bring rewards to existing customers.

https://productioncommunity.publicmobile.ca/t5/Rewards/Refer-a-Friend-Reward/m-p/411#M4

Easier access to the service, will be bringing easier access to rewards.

Razvan

@popping wrote:

@computergeek541 wrote:

@RossN wrote:

Telus does not want to cross-selling its sub-brands Koodo/PM in Telus store as long as I can remember.

The good news is that we start expanding Public Mobile brand across Canada, as part of our evolution.

Exciting times, both for new customers and for existing customers!

Mayor / Maire

@dararara wrote:

First, don't worry. Even if costs go down, Canadian providers will always make up a reason to increase prices. Second, it is really not LESS for LESS. It's LESS for THE SAME PRICE. Chatr and Lucky are equivalent to Public Mobile. They already have physical locations, they provide phone customer service, and they even have mobile apps.

I do not believe it is accurate to suggest Chatr and Lucky to be the same as PM. I have never used ethier but do not see anywhere on their sites about ongoing autopay, friend referral, loyalty and community involvement credit? I see that they have customer service you can call but with Chatr a $5 charge for most things and PM requires you to do them online. With Lucky their add-ons expire each month. There are many other things that make them different and personally I appreciate the differences. These companies are about making money and don't get me wrong, I do not agree with the exorbitant wages and bonuses the top individuals make, but if all things were identical than the only thing that would set them apart would be price which would continue to decrease through competition until many of them went out of business and then you would see the price skyrocket. If you doubt that look at the issue of patents on medications in North America. Differences is what promotes competition which is always good for the consumer. There are plenty of options so you do not need to sign contracts which gives you the option to change carriers if you so please. Unlimited international text, unlimited calling and data for $0 would be awesome.....right now PM is the only one where that is even remotely possible. When comparing products you need to compare every aspect, not just advertised price.

Mayor / Maire

I think this is a great thing. Hopefully with the addition of Kiosk PM may be able to shed unfriendly retailers (WM for example) that create unpleasant experiences with customers. If not maybe placed them close enough so customers can go to a kiosk rather than WM which seems totally focused on signing people up for plans.

A couple suggestions i have are;

- have all employees at kiosk's fully educated on the online support model and to clearly relay that is how PM's support works to the customer prior to signing up. Include in that information that there may be circumstances where the customer may be without service for up to 2 days while waiting for support. I understand how this may discourage some from signing up but in the long run it will be much more beneficial than dealing with disgruntled customers who were not informed of this type of support. Since it is a unique model to PM, many may not be aware of it and assume it is the same as all other carriers.

- when kiosk employees do a walk through of signing up, have them sign up the customer with a new phone number from PM and then instruct the customer to go online and port their number over after they confirm all is working well. This way they will still have use of their old sim and carrier until they confirm PM service is working well.

Mayor / Maire

that would be a pretty lonely kiosk just selling sims

Model Citizen / Citoyen Modèle

@RossN wrote:

that would be a pretty lonely kiosk just selling sims

Hope they also include payment vouchers for the customers who prefer that method of payment.

Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

I agree. The reasonable prices and no-nonsense model are the whole reason my husband and I switched companies.