Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Sign-up by April 26- Improving our customer support

Brooke_C
Retraité / Retired
Retraité / Retired

Hey Community,

We are looking for your help in making our customer support experience better!

Why are we doing this?

We want to improve and simplify how you get help. More specifically, we want to make it easier for you to understand how and when to use each of our customer support tools (Community, Self-Serve, *611, and Chat bot).

What’s in it for you?

• Opportunity to help Public Mobile improve its customer support tools and make them easier for everyone to understand.
  • Acknowledgement and recognition from the Community that you are a change agent, and a team player.
  • $100 account credit for your participation. Gold stars all around!

Who are we looking for?

We are looking for a total of 8 Community members! Oracles will be interviewed separately, so rest assured we will be collecting their feedback too. In particular, we are looking for people who:

• Are located in the Toronto area and are willing to attend an in-person interview
    • For those not in the Toronto area, we’ll get you next time!
  • Are comfortable speaking English.
  • Will allow us to audio and video record you for the purposes of this research study. All your personal information will remain confidential.
  • Are the account decision maker (aka you are managing your Public Mobile account).
  • Have used our customer support tools in the past 6 months.

What do we need from you?

• 90 minutes of your time for an in-person interview at Public Mobile’s HQ on May 2-4, 2018 between 9AM- 6PM ET. We will do our best to accommodate your schedule!

If you are interested, please fill out this brief questionnaire here before April 26th at 4pm ET. If, at the time of the interview, your answers do not reflect the information you have provided in the questionnaire, you will not be able to participate and you will not receive the $100 account credit.

Selected participants will be informed shortly after the questionnaire closes. If you don’t get selected, don’t fret! As part of our continued effort to collect more actionable feedback, there will be more opportunities to participate in future feedback sessions.

-Public Mobile Community Team

30 REPLIES 30

Didn't attend.  Was sent an invitation of sorts but I'm far closer to Vancouver, BC than to Toronto, ON and it seems PM wasn't interested in flying me out there, haha.

Unsure if discussion is different for normal people (me) and Oracles

Most of our scheduled time was problem solving etc

They commented I went through the tests rather quickly and whether I was ok to chat afterwards

They really seemed most interested in Public Mobile history and what I have done since signing up. Asking about referals, problem solving, good and bad customer service, prebuilt plans vs make-your-own plans. Stuff like that.

Only thing I pushed em on was for data only SIMs (heh can't let that go) and we discussed the confusion surrounding rewards and their calculations.

Very painless so if you are ever in area go for it.

@daredogg I participated and can reinforce that the PM team was very open to ideas and accepting criticism. I did not record the session, nor do I ever expected 100% acceptance by PM because it's not my career/salary on the line.

Focus group May/18 stated research goal was: ”make our customer support experience better” & “understand which customer support tools (Community, Self-Serve, *611, and Chatbot) to use and when”.

My suggestions were:

• give moderators authority to post Announcements of temporary issues: extended response time, system problem, outages, etc.
  • assume customers will do no research and majority will get guidance from the forum; some who search still post in old threads  >> must be EASY to post on the forum
    • add link to private message the moderators with login requirement
    • add link to Start a Topic with login requirement
    • add the Get Help link to Account Login page
  • facilitate creation/correction of FAQ’s/videos
  • completely separate Oracle programme from Community rewards 
  • increase Community reward payouts
  • is Community experience intended to be 
    • sticky? >> encourage non-technical subjects 
    • facilitate corporate strategy? >> 1 click Koodo migration
  • drop tagging of moderators let community “triage” private messaging to moderators
  • change Simon’s “?” to “FAQ”
  • purchase vouchers online with PayPal, foreign credit cards

>>> ALERT: I am not a CSA. Je ne suis pas un Agent du soutien à la clientèle.

Resurrecting an old thread....

Did anyone else show up at PM headquarters for a feedback session?  Please share your experience like @NDesai asked.

Thanks to @brent_liza for already sharing. Good to know PM wants feedback.

Those of you who were selected for the feedback session, can you please provide a brief feedback on how the session went? It will encourage others to attend in the future. 

I know brent_liza went, and he wrote something about it in a different topic. So i am copying it here.  

@brent_liza wrote:

I went to one of the 4th of May as I was chosen for feedback and was very exciting to see them actually listen and open to suggestions. I had a problem that I told them about, and they are in direct contact with me to see what is causing the issue. They are listening to our feedback even when people don't think they are.

Oh I actually did get in Cat Wink

@kav2001c wrote:

I'm guessing I was not the target demo Cat Tongue

Survey was very brief so I answered wrong then? Cat LOL

@CS_Agent

Please take a look at this VERY SIMPLE and BENEFICIAL suggestion and please comment:

https://productioncommunity.publicmobile.ca/t5/Plans-Add-Ons/Pinned-Topic-Thread-to-Track-ALL-Promos...

It would be a form of advertising to both NEW and EXISTING customers. And combined with the passion of PM customers, could be used to fuel word-of-mouth advertising.

TIA for your consideration.

dna2016
Deputy Mayor / Adjoint au Maire

@Brooke_C,

Great to see PM looking to expand on the support team for customers.  As the business grows so too must the support team for the business.  More cusomters means more questions, more customer service demands, more needed support.  Good to see PM is positioning and preparing for growth, last thing you want is customers complaining that they have not heard from any support team members for 2-3 days.  Considering this generation is about speed and efficiency, this approach is definitely a must. 

Brooke_C
Retraité / Retired
Retraité / Retired

@youbme, yes sign up if you are going to be in Toronto during that time period! 

Acekiller

too bad it is toronto only.

I'm guessing I was not the target demo Cat Tongue

Survey was very brief so I answered wrong then? Cat LOL

jp2

@Korth wrote:

@jp2 wrote:

Bring it out west next time. Alberta British Columbia

I've helpfully corrected your little typo, lol. Smiley Wink

Hahaha. Usually I would include all of the western friends but with recent news BC has choosen to isolate its self from the western friends (Manitoba, Saskatchewan, Alberta) Smiley Very Happy

Korth
Mayor / Maire

@jp2 wrote:

Bring it out west next time. Alberta British Columbia

I've helpfully corrected your little typo, lol. Smiley Wink

Oops... read it wrong the first pass.  May 2nd to 4th, not 24.

Im out.

I just sent in my interest for participation

Brooke_C
Retraité / Retired
Retraité / Retired

The link is now fixed! 

This is an amazing opportunity to actually be heard by PM.  So much better then the Public Lab section.  You know you are being heard!!

I am happy to help, but I am not a Customer Support Agent please do not include any personal info in a message to me. Click HERE to create a trouble ticket through SIMon the Chatbot *

Brooke_C
Retraité / Retired
Retraité / Retired

Hi everyone, 

Looking to get this link issue addressed ASAP! Excited to hear about the interest Smiley Happy

@Someone_here wrote:

@will13am wrote:

Perhaps I was overthinking.  As I am signed onto the system, they can track who tried using the link.  This site is not run by CSIS/NSA??? 

Btw, if they did tracked the links, then commenting about it or not won't change a thing, you did clicked it in the first place 😉

Guilty as charged!  I did not even hide behind a VPN when I clicked the link.  It is too bad they did not even test this in a sandbox before having the post go live. 

@will13am wrote:

Perhaps I was overthinking.  As I am signed onto the system, they can track who tried using the link.  This site is not run by CSIS/NSA??? 

Btw, if they did tracked the links, then commenting about it or not won't change a thing, you did clicked it in the first place 😉

youbme

This is a great initiative! Hourly the broken link is resolved soon.

I travel to Toronto regularly for work, but live in the Ottawa area, would I qualify if I'm in town May 2-4?

@will13am wrote:

As I am signed onto the system, they can track who tried using the link. 

If that's what they do, then I understand why they don't have time to fix other comparatively "minor" glitches...haha 😉

@Someone_here wrote:

@will13am wrote:

I was going to say something about this and then I thought maybe I better not as I am not eligible to sign up and so I may have been flagged/blocked.  It is a broken link. 

Don't see why you would be flagged... you did not actually sugned up of tried to, you just clicked a link 😉 Maybe if you falsely filled up the questions and then clicked submit... 

Watoko

@Someone_here wrote:

@will13am wrote:

I was going to say something about this and then I thought maybe I better not as I am not eligible to sign up and so I may have been flagged/blocked.  It is a broken link. 

Don't see why you would be flagged... you did not actually sugned up of tried to, you just clicked a link 😉 Maybe if you falsely filled up the questions and then clicked submit... 

Maybe because of the shiny Oracle status 😛 It was mentioned that Oracles would have a separate invitation to participate. This is likely a broken link though.

I've gotten the same broken link page as noted above.

I'm on vacation that week, I totally can be in Toronto for sometime between 9-6 on the 24th.

@will13am wrote:

Watoko

Will be on a trip during that period so unfortunately can not participate, but good on the team for reaching out to us lately!

@Someone_here wrote:

FYI

Capture d’écran 2018-04-19 à 15.12.24.png

jp2

Bring it out west next time. Alberta

Someone_here
Mayor / Maire

FYI

Capture d’écran 2018-04-19 à 15.12.24.png

Need Help? Let's chat.