cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Showing some love to our customers with 1 GB of data, on us!

Alan_K
Deputy Mayor / Adjoint au Maire

Hey Community,

What a hectic week full of exciting updates and improvements! We know there’s been a ton of change this past week, and we want to make sure that our longer tenured customers don’t feel left out! 

Even though our look and feel has changed, we’re continuing to focus on being customer-first. Thanks for hanging in there with us, and we hope you’re ready to grow together with us because we love having you here! 🙂 Whether you’re a long-time Community guru, or someone who just joined a month ago, we’re for you.

That’s why we’re excited to share a public display of affection with customers who were with Public Mobile since before our big brand refresh (more eligibility details below), as a token of our appreciation.

What’s up for grabs:

• $0 1 GB bonus data Add-On
  • Does not expire until fully consumed
  • The data speed will match the speed of the data that is included as part of your rate plan. If your rate plan doesn’t include data, the Add-On will default to be at 4G LTE Speed. 

Eligibility criteria:

• Bonus Data Add-On will be automatically applied to customer accounts that were activated as of August 19, 11:59 PM ET or before
  • Account must be active at the time of August 19, 11:59 PM ET and continue to remain active until at least September 4, 2019.
  • If your account falls into suspend before September 4, you will become ineligible for the bonus Data Add-On.

How to claim your data:

• No action required- on August 23rd, eligible customers will receive an SMS from Public Mobile confirming you’re on the list!
  • Bonus Data Add-Ons will be applied within 2 weeks of receiving the confirmation SMS. Note: Please allow the two week period to pass before reaching out to the Moderator Team if you are expecting a bonus Data Add-On.
  • Once it’s been applied to your account, you will receive a confirmation SMS. 

Happy net surfing!

-Public Mobile Community Team

632 REPLIES 632

Wieland_L
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

This sounds great! but didn't get on the train this time. Will you be doing many of these in the near future? New to the PM family, but loving and seeing the difference already! Heart

maheshboloor
Model Citizen / Citoyen Modèle

@pendog wrote:

Did received my prmo 1 gd of data check  my wife account she has but not me.

Similar situation with me too, I got it but my wife's account still hasn't got the bonus add on. I am guessing it should show up end of day today.

pendog
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

Did received my prmo 1 gd of data check  my wife account she has but not me.

MQ

Oh... thanks for clearing it. So it's just a 1gb one-time then. I'll keep my current plan then.

Effectively i have 1GB buffer to use in all scenarios then.

GinYVR
Mayor / Maire

@MQit is NOT 1gb/mo it is 1gb ONE TIME ONLY. Yes your 1Gb free data allotment will stick around even if you change plan until you have exhausted the data bucket.

MQ

I'm currently on the $40/mo 4.5gb (+500mb) plan with -$1/mo loyalty promo. If I were to change my plan to the $25/ mo 500mb (+500mb) in the next billing cycle, will the 1gb/mo promo still be applied to my account? 

I'm trying to trim down on expenses and $25/mo for 2GB (500mb + 500mb + 1gb) of 3G seems like a pretty good deal.

kevinycw

@Anonymous wrote:

@kevinycw wrote:

Is $15 plan also have 1G free data? My wife just switch to Public Mobile last month.

All active plans before 11:59pm Aug 19 are eligible and then apparently must remain active through Sep 4.

Thank you

Anonymous
Not applicable

@kevinycw wrote:

Is $15 plan also have 1G free data? My wife just switch to Public Mobile last month.

All active plans before 11:59pm Aug 19 are eligible and then apparently must remain active through Sep 4.

kevinycw

@michelle1986 wrote:

The text message I received said the data would be applied within a week but yet your message here says two weeks is there any confirmation as to the actual time frame? And like always thanks for being an awesome company

You can login to your account to check is the free data credit into your account, I just checked that it credit into my account.

kevinycw

spenky

Thanks for the data upgrade!

michelle1986

The text message I received said the data would be applied within a week but yet your message here says two weeks is there any confirmation as to the actual time frame? And like always thanks for being an awesome company

@AngeeDee wrote:

Is this a one time add on?

Yes, one-time.

AngeeDee

Is this a one time add on?

Ryan_

I've had Public Mobile for about 2 years and my experience has only ever gotten better and better

Love u v much

maheshboloor
Model Citizen / Citoyen Modèle

@Leonc88 wrote:

Is this 1GB bonus available every month or just a 1 time only for 1 month.

No, it's a one time only add on. Although the data does not expire at the end of you current bill cycle and you can use each of the 1024 mb until it's completely used up in however days/months.

Leonc88

Is this 1GB bonus available every month or just a 1 time only for 1 month.

Rockabilly

Got the text saying it was added to my account, but can't see it in my add-on

Tiny_Steve

Thank you Public! 😀 

@ApatheticFloW wrote:

Important info for people who don't normally have a data plan.

I have a feeling a lot of you are going to use up your 1GB instantly unless you make sure your using wi-fi when at home or wherever there is wi-fi because more often then not your default settings are set so you use your mobile data, so make sure to turn that off like I just did now that I just received my 1GB.

@ApatheticFloW   That's good advice and to also restrict background data on the phone.

ApatheticFloW
Great Citizen / Super Citoyen

Important info for people who don't normally have a data plan.

I have a feeling a lot of you are going to use up your 1GB instantly unless you make sure your using wi-fi when at home or wherever there is wi-fi because more often then not your default settings are set so you use your mobile data, so make sure to turn that off like I just did now that I just received my 1GB.

torontokris
Town Hero / Héro de la Ville

rec'd the text for the 1GB - thanks.

Guess this is to help people forget/ease the pain that Lucky Mobile is giving out unlimited 128kbps throttled data after your data is done

stephlav1550

I believe it says until you've used up the 1 GB of data. Then after it'll just be the normal amount of data you pay for.

stephlav1550

Strange coincidence maybe but since I received the text saying I was eligible for the bonus 1gb of data, my data no longer works. I keep getting a notification saying sign into the public mobile network. Nothing on my phone has changed, I've tried removing the sim and restarting it. Any tips to get my data working again?

fp67

Love the fact you can use the whole 1GB over time Smiley Happy

GR
Mayor / Maire

@Brian68  a one time add on that rolls over every month until all used up! 

popping
Retired Oracle / Oracle Retraité

@Brian68 wrote:

is this 1 GB a permanent thing or just for 1 month?

One time 1GB add-on which does not expire.  Any unused data will be roll over to next cycle until completely used.

mereoshop1

I just signed up today, but seeing messages like this re-assure me I picked a good company! 😄

Brian68

is this 1 GB a permanent thing or just for 1 month?

deloreh

Public Mobile you are the best.....Thank you for the bonus

Forever Customer Here 🙂

Need Help? Let's chat.