cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Showing some love to our customers with 1 GB of data, on us!

Alan_K
Deputy Mayor / Adjoint au Maire

Hey Community,

What a hectic week full of exciting updates and improvements! We know there’s been a ton of change this past week, and we want to make sure that our longer tenured customers don’t feel left out! 

Even though our look and feel has changed, we’re continuing to focus on being customer-first. Thanks for hanging in there with us, and we hope you’re ready to grow together with us because we love having you here! 🙂 Whether you’re a long-time Community guru, or someone who just joined a month ago, we’re for you.

That’s why we’re excited to share a public display of affection with customers who were with Public Mobile since before our big brand refresh (more eligibility details below), as a token of our appreciation.

What’s up for grabs:

• $0 1 GB bonus data Add-On
  • Does not expire until fully consumed
  • The data speed will match the speed of the data that is included as part of your rate plan. If your rate plan doesn’t include data, the Add-On will default to be at 4G LTE Speed. 

Eligibility criteria:

• Bonus Data Add-On will be automatically applied to customer accounts that were activated as of August 19, 11:59 PM ET or before
  • Account must be active at the time of August 19, 11:59 PM ET and continue to remain active until at least September 4, 2019.
  • If your account falls into suspend before September 4, you will become ineligible for the bonus Data Add-On.

How to claim your data:

• No action required- on August 23rd, eligible customers will receive an SMS from Public Mobile confirming you’re on the list!
  • Bonus Data Add-Ons will be applied within 2 weeks of receiving the confirmation SMS. Note: Please allow the two week period to pass before reaching out to the Moderator Team if you are expecting a bonus Data Add-On.
  • Once it’s been applied to your account, you will receive a confirmation SMS. 

Happy net surfing!

-Public Mobile Community Team

632 REPLIES 632

countonalex
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

Love it. 

I wish I got it now tho since I have about 30mb left till my cycle resets on the 29th 😑

teazle

That’ll be because PM is providing the add-on over a 2 week period, and not to all customers at the same time. If you refer to the original note the details are provided.

@Ishraz wrote:

I just signed up, is it possible if I could get this awesome bonus? haha

I think that you alraedy know the answer to that question.

Ishraz
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

I just signed up, is it possible if I could get this awesome bonus? haha

ApatheticFloW
Great Citizen / Super Citoyen

Amazing thank you very much PM. Here I don't have data because at home I use wifi and I don't need it when I'm not home i can find free wifi all over this city. There has been times where I would of needed it even if it was for a min so now that I have this 1gb next time I urgently need internet access now I'll have it until I use it up.  Really appreciated !

sprite

gigady gigady. Thx

Jmac221990

So happy to be a part of this community!!! Heart

@sumaira1 wrote:

Hi there

i am wondering why i haven't got the 1 GB of data.

Please allow until September 4. Not everyone will be receiving it at the same time.

popping
Retired Oracle / Oracle Retraité

@popping wrote:

Thank you for the extra 1GB add-on.

I have 3 accounts: $40, $10, $10 scheduled to be switch to $15 plan

One of my 3 accounts just received the bonus 1GB data add-on.

Thanks PM.

sumaira1

Hi there

i am wondering why i haven't got the 1 GB of data.

Alice2

yea 1gb!

jyyou22

yea

jimbobs
Model Citizen / Citoyen Modèle

@daredogg wrote:

@dnewf wrote:

Thanks for the extra 1 gig but its says it was or is applied  at Aug 20th but check my acct today nothing there!

To @dnewf and anyone else that may have asked... once you receive the SMS, the free gig will be added within 2 weeks. You'll receive a 2nd message when your free data is added.

Here's the SMS I received on Friday at 12:31 pm EST (and btw it comes from 513-1):

IMG_1370.PNG

Yes, I also received that text on Friday.

@dnewf wrote:

Thanks for the extra 1 gig but its says it was or is applied  at Aug 20th but check my acct today nothing there!

To @dnewf and anyone else that may have asked... once you receive the SMS, the free gig will be added within 2 weeks. You'll receive a 2nd message when your free data is added.

Here's the SMS I received on Friday at 12:31 pm EST (and btw it comes from 513-1):

IMG_1370.PNG

@Asima wrote:

ok I just confirm from my son and he also received a message for bonus data, that's really great, so I don't have to upgrade his plan for extra 1 or 2 months. Thanks,

Yup... and if he conserves his data, he could maybe get 3 months out of it! Robot Very Happy

maheshboloor

@shanesong wrote:

Great news, I am just concern about this small data plan.

But my data usage amount is so different with public mobil acount, is this similar for anyone else?

I am sorry. Are you trying to say that the data usage tracking on your phone is different compared to the data usage on your PM selfserve account? Yes, its almost all the time slightly off when usage is compared between the phone and at the PM servers. Also keep in mind that the PM plan is for 30 days and not for a month. So while tracking usage on your phone you have to keep in mind the shifting dates. For example: if your cycle starts on 5th of the month, the next cycle starts on 4th of the month and so on depending on the number of days in that particular month.

shanesong

Great news, I am just concern about this small data plan.

But my data usage amount is so different with public mobil acount, is this similar for anyone else?

Hessie

This is so awesome:smilevery-happy:

Hessie

AwesomeSmiley Very Happy

Asima

ok I just confirm from my son and he also received a message for bonus data, that's really great, so I don't have to upgrade his plan for extra 1 or 2 months. Thanks,

@Asima wrote:

Great yeh me and my husband both received message for bonus data. I have a question. Do this bonus offer is only for $25 and up plans or also for $15 plans, my son has that plan and it will be great to have a nice bonus as a back to school gift.

Public Mobile

Asima

Great yeh me and my husband both received message for bonus data. I have a question. Do this bonus offer is only for $25 and up plans or also for $15 plans, my son has that plan and it will be great to have a nice bonus as a back to school gift.

avrind71

Smiley LOL

Hashim1213

This is awesome 

@frankieshi wrote:

Did anyone got this already? Still wanting for the bonus data .

Thanks

@frankieshi  The announcement said the free 1GB data will be added to eligible accounts over a two week timeline after receiving the text.  So wait until after next week if you don't see it in your account before contacting moderators.

tinaklassenn

thank u for the gift very much appreciated!

frankieshi

Did anyone got this already? Still wanting for the bonus data .

Thanks

Pound

That's the spirit!!! Welcome to community!

harrypham1205

THIS IS WHY I LOVE PUBLIC MOBILE

ecowen

I'm a newish Public customer and I'm loving it.  Thank you for the 1G.

K_Dave

Wow !!! This is great 🙂

Thanks a lot.

Need Help? Let's chat.