cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Showing some love to our customers with 1 GB of data, on us!

Alan_K
Deputy Mayor / Adjoint au Maire

Hey Community,

What a hectic week full of exciting updates and improvements! We know there’s been a ton of change this past week, and we want to make sure that our longer tenured customers don’t feel left out! 

Even though our look and feel has changed, we’re continuing to focus on being customer-first. Thanks for hanging in there with us, and we hope you’re ready to grow together with us because we love having you here! 🙂 Whether you’re a long-time Community guru, or someone who just joined a month ago, we’re for you.

That’s why we’re excited to share a public display of affection with customers who were with Public Mobile since before our big brand refresh (more eligibility details below), as a token of our appreciation.

What’s up for grabs:

• $0 1 GB bonus data Add-On
  • Does not expire until fully consumed
  • The data speed will match the speed of the data that is included as part of your rate plan. If your rate plan doesn’t include data, the Add-On will default to be at 4G LTE Speed. 

Eligibility criteria:

• Bonus Data Add-On will be automatically applied to customer accounts that were activated as of August 19, 11:59 PM ET or before
  • Account must be active at the time of August 19, 11:59 PM ET and continue to remain active until at least September 4, 2019.
  • If your account falls into suspend before September 4, you will become ineligible for the bonus Data Add-On.

How to claim your data:

• No action required- on August 23rd, eligible customers will receive an SMS from Public Mobile confirming you’re on the list!
  • Bonus Data Add-Ons will be applied within 2 weeks of receiving the confirmation SMS. Note: Please allow the two week period to pass before reaching out to the Moderator Team if you are expecting a bonus Data Add-On.
  • Once it’s been applied to your account, you will receive a confirmation SMS. 

Happy net surfing!

-Public Mobile Community Team

632 REPLIES 632

Anonymous
Not applicable

@deepatiwari wrote:

I am four months old customer. Can I also get this offer?

Did you get a text yesterday? I wonder that somewhere along the way you unsubscribed to text notifications from this place. I wonder if the people that didn't get a text will get the 1gb showing up anyway. I guess we'll see.

deepatiwari
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

I am four months old customer. Can I also get this offer?

CMOADMIN

They bite your ass with some new. Over-charges every 30 days. 

Welcome to PM

@qzhao wrote:

That's awesome. I just switched from Fido on August 18. It's been great so far! Love the extra bonus.

EdN
Model Citizen / Citoyen Modèle

Didn't get the text either

ranmercer

Please aassist. I didn't get a text bit meet the eligibility criteria!

saeliux
Great Citizen / Super Citoyen

Thanks PM. Both of us got the text today! 

sunflowershine
Deputy Mayor / Adjoint au Maire

Thank you! 

mashtree
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

@Anonymous wrote:

@mashtree wrote:

So, if account active on August 19, but no SMS today, then not eligible? Awww. I am a new customer, would be a nice welcome. 

If you activated on or before the 19th then you should be eligible. I know they used that word but really it should just be everybody. Don't let it fall into suspension though.

Maybe wait another day and see.

Thank you, @Anonymous. I did, in fact, activate my SIM on August 19th and am not planning on going anywhere 🥰. So maybe there is hope. Will see, I guess. 

Anonymous
Not applicable

@mashtree wrote:

So, if account active on August 19, but no SMS today, then not eligible? Awww. I am a new customer, would be a nice welcome. 

If you activated on or before the 19th then you should be eligible. I know they used that word but really it should just be everybody. Don't let it fall into suspension though.

Maybe wait another day and see.

mashtree

anniemh2220

I received a text message from my bros and brosephines here at Public mobile just this afternoon (we're pretty tight) so I was a bit confused, and to be honest a bit (sob) hurt that other people were being offered the same free GB of data, No Strings attached.

Then after a couple more bites from my chocolate chip cookie and after binge watching Family Guy, I realized that I was lucky to be with a great mobile phone company,  and I really should get some fresh air. Man that was one very edible cookie.

Thanks Public mobile. 🤘 🍪 

TrevorL

Thanks guys!!! 

MoreYummy
Mayor / Maire

Alright.

Good bonus to have!  Smiley Happy

TracyInCanada

Thank you for your generousness. Hope to have more such gifts....lol... 

alisond

I don’t think I received it either. We’re in Manitoba so I’m not sure if they are sending it to certain provinces first. I’ve sent a private message to the community moderator @CS_Agent  to see if they can help. Good luck to you as well. 

raiger
My wife and I have both been with PM for just over one month now, but neither of us received the 1 GB text message (yet) today. Should we be concerned?

leekhs

I just signed on a week ago and it’s been great!  Thanks for the bonus data. 

Jackfa

Good public mobile

wangyq

amazing!

thinks

kennjlc

Now THAT is what I call customer service! 

dickwong

that will be good

@dickwong wrote:

will data under my 90-day plan be used before using this 1GB award?

Add-on don't get used until your plan's data runs out.

dickwong

will data under my 90-day plan be used before using this 1GB award?

salyward3008

This is awesome, most companies treat new customers better than existing ones which doesn’t make sense to me, if you don’t treat existing customers good they will leave, so happy to see that PM has that figured out.

alisond

Hi there! New to the Public Mobile Community and the PM world and loving it so far! Quick question re: above deal. I joined PM at the end of July (2019) and activated my SIM card. All has been fine. However I did not receive this 1 bonus gig offer via SMS today. Is it possible it's still coming or am I ineligible? I have a $25  a month (500 mb with 500mb. autopay) bonus plan. Am I eligible for a bonus 1 gb? Thanks in advance for your reply!

Dragosd

Great news!

I activated 2 lines around August 19, one on one day and one the next day after checking the service and finding it great.

Is there a way to know what day the activation began?

I checked my account, and they only mention next payment date.

I hope both lines include the bonus but I only got a text on one of the numbers, the one activated first.

Fingers crossed!

Excommando

Read the text. It says within the next two weeks. 

RODNEY2008

Received text but still no data whats going on I get meesage earlyer asked if it was a prank I was told no: I tried wifi still cant get on to net etc 

Griffyn

That is awesome!  Thank you so much! You didn't have to do that but you did🙂!  I don't have my data turned on but I will do it now...will I get a notification when I've used it up so I don't get overage charges?

I joined in June of this year and since I'm not very cell phone savvy,  I needed a lot of help switching from my previous provider.  The Public Mobile community was so very understanding and helpful.   I just wanted to take this opportunity to say thanks to everyone who responded so quickly to my numerous questions! I love PM and mention to everyone who'll listen that I'm with a company that really cares about it's members...and this email you've sent proves my point🙂.  Thanks again. 

Griffyn

Pedro_H

Thank you! Great little Gift! Smiley Very Happy

Need Help? Let's chat.