cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Showing some love to our customers with 1 GB of data, on us!

Alan_K
Deputy Mayor / Adjoint au Maire

Hey Community,

What a hectic week full of exciting updates and improvements! We know there’s been a ton of change this past week, and we want to make sure that our longer tenured customers don’t feel left out! 

Even though our look and feel has changed, we’re continuing to focus on being customer-first. Thanks for hanging in there with us, and we hope you’re ready to grow together with us because we love having you here! 🙂 Whether you’re a long-time Community guru, or someone who just joined a month ago, we’re for you.

That’s why we’re excited to share a public display of affection with customers who were with Public Mobile since before our big brand refresh (more eligibility details below), as a token of our appreciation.

What’s up for grabs:

• $0 1 GB bonus data Add-On
  • Does not expire until fully consumed
  • The data speed will match the speed of the data that is included as part of your rate plan. If your rate plan doesn’t include data, the Add-On will default to be at 4G LTE Speed. 

Eligibility criteria:

• Bonus Data Add-On will be automatically applied to customer accounts that were activated as of August 19, 11:59 PM ET or before
  • Account must be active at the time of August 19, 11:59 PM ET and continue to remain active until at least September 4, 2019.
  • If your account falls into suspend before September 4, you will become ineligible for the bonus Data Add-On.

How to claim your data:

• No action required- on August 23rd, eligible customers will receive an SMS from Public Mobile confirming you’re on the list!
  • Bonus Data Add-Ons will be applied within 2 weeks of receiving the confirmation SMS. Note: Please allow the two week period to pass before reaching out to the Moderator Team if you are expecting a bonus Data Add-On.
  • Once it’s been applied to your account, you will receive a confirmation SMS. 

Happy net surfing!

-Public Mobile Community Team

632 REPLIES 632

teazle
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

It’s one time only, but does not expire until you’ve used it all up

Atur
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

God bless you, thank you. Staying with you is awesome. PM forever 😘

Blesse18laker

Love it

Remmy_Sheda

Wow thanks much. Was already enjoying Public Mobile and this news is great!  

lon_h
It's one time only.

Dee_99

Awesome.  Thank you

Yang2019

I love 1g data

ChantalAyotte

Thanks so much Public Mobile!

mechtec01

Public mobile is a great service 

lcole2468

Is this a one time deal or is it every month?

teazle

Wow!  I signed up for PM in June and so far it has more than met my expectations.  It provides better service and better coverage, at much lower costs, than my previous service provider. I find the Community a very good place to go for advice, with more and better suggestions than I would normally get from a help line. It just happens that over the next month some extra data would be very useful for me, so this is a very pleasant surprise.  Thanks a lot PM!!!

Kroff

This is so great!! Sending texts to my family telling them all they’ve gotta switch to PM.

jamesaaron

OH YEAH!!!!!

FREE STUFF RUUUUULES🤘😎

maheshboloor
Model Citizen / Citoyen Modèle

@SaiX No, they do not expire. You will get to use each of 1024 MB as long as it takes you to use it.

Meansheen

Thank u thank u you rock !  Perfect timing mine didn’t last 5 mins this month. My phone was stolen and SIM card and number so I had to start all over thanks guys. Was a bit of a kick cause usually it’s $40 but it was charging me $42 so have a cheaper plan than I’d like but I’ll figure it out 

SaiX

Wow thanks. That's really nice of you guys to give us 1 GB data addon.

Do these expires? I have read that data addons that you buy don't until used but I'm not sure about data addons that were given out for free do or not. 

ManuelGarcia

This is very great 😃👌

Celticvip13

Wow Thank you. No other service provider does something like this. This is just 1 more reason I tell all my friends they need to switch to public mobile.

@Queenie wrote:

Is the 1gb extra per month or just 1 month?

One time only as mentioned in the original announcement on the first page of this thread.

tianamkaichan

Wow awesome! It’s super random too, but I’ll accept it ahhaha

does anyone know if this is a one time thing or if the 1GB is a permanent add to our plans?

thanks

Excommando

Good on you guys! Much appreciated!

Queenie

Is the 1gb extra per month or just 1 month?

Will269

Thanks... Very good customer service.... 

JGray53

Thanks for the additional 1 Gb of data 

mceyedesign

Awesome!!!

U ROCK!!!

Can't wait to tell all my friends!!! 

dabr
Mayor / Maire

@SafVan wrote:

One question, for those who don't normally have data with our plan, will we be charged once we use the 1 GB up or will it automatically be stopped again? 

Thanks for the gift. 

It's a free add-on curtesy of Public Mobile, no charges for you.  Once you've used it up, you will need to purchase data add-on if you need more.

tehowennathe
Model Citizen / Citoyen Modèle

@SafVan wrote:

One question, for those who don't normally have data with our plan, will we be charged once we use the 1 GB up or will it automatically be stopped again? 

Thanks for the gift. 

For those who don't have data you wi have data until the add on is used up. Once data is all gone you will no longer have access to data, unless you buy a data add on. Way I see it, you get the chance to experience data on PM if you never used it.

SafVan

Thanks for the gift. 

Dmpcare

Eight extra only for this current monthly cycle or is it an extra one gigabyte for every month from here on in?? 😊💞

dwr1970

I switched from Rogers 10 months ago, I was on a shared family plan sharing 5 gigs between 3 phones for nearly  $300 a month. And this was a plan. Used to be pay as you go was more expensive and from what I thought not as reliable as a plan. But I couldn't be happier. The same 3 phones I brought over from Rogers now cost me $120 a month, nearly saving me $200 a month or just over $2000 a year. Unbelievable. My one concern was not being able to reach out to a call center if I had an issue. Well I've had to reach out twice and it wasn't an issue. My concerns were dealt with. And Ive got nearly $2000 in my pocket. WAKE UP BIG CARRIERS AND STOP GAUDGING CUSTOMERS. THANKS Public 

David Richardson

Need Help? Let's chat.