cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Showing some love to our customers with 1 GB of data, on us!

Alan_K
Deputy Mayor / Adjoint au Maire

Hey Community,

What a hectic week full of exciting updates and improvements! We know there’s been a ton of change this past week, and we want to make sure that our longer tenured customers don’t feel left out! 

Even though our look and feel has changed, we’re continuing to focus on being customer-first. Thanks for hanging in there with us, and we hope you’re ready to grow together with us because we love having you here! 🙂 Whether you’re a long-time Community guru, or someone who just joined a month ago, we’re for you.

That’s why we’re excited to share a public display of affection with customers who were with Public Mobile since before our big brand refresh (more eligibility details below), as a token of our appreciation.

What’s up for grabs:

• $0 1 GB bonus data Add-On
  • Does not expire until fully consumed
  • The data speed will match the speed of the data that is included as part of your rate plan. If your rate plan doesn’t include data, the Add-On will default to be at 4G LTE Speed. 

Eligibility criteria:

• Bonus Data Add-On will be automatically applied to customer accounts that were activated as of August 19, 11:59 PM ET or before
  • Account must be active at the time of August 19, 11:59 PM ET and continue to remain active until at least September 4, 2019.
  • If your account falls into suspend before September 4, you will become ineligible for the bonus Data Add-On.

How to claim your data:

• No action required- on August 23rd, eligible customers will receive an SMS from Public Mobile confirming you’re on the list!
  • Bonus Data Add-Ons will be applied within 2 weeks of receiving the confirmation SMS. Note: Please allow the two week period to pass before reaching out to the Moderator Team if you are expecting a bonus Data Add-On.
  • Once it’s been applied to your account, you will receive a confirmation SMS. 

Happy net surfing!

-Public Mobile Community Team

632 REPLIES 632

dnewf
Great Citizen / Super Citoyen

Thanks for the extra 1 gig but its says it was or is applied  at Aug 20th but check my acct today nothing there!

kranderson7479
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

Wow awesome!!! Thanks 

RODNEY2008

No I did not get a text sorry but I got to renew card  on the 30th or after the 31 

lon_h
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen
No, not yet.

wolfcruise

This is so so wonderful 🙂 Thanks team PM !

maheshboloor
Model Citizen / Citoyen Modèle

Today is Aug 23rd, just checking if anybody got the text of this promo? I havnt got anythin yet. And yes, I know we technically have the whole day to get the text :).

hend0005

Recently signed up in July after years with a work provided phone. So glad I found PM now that I'm a penny pinching retired senior on a fixed low income. And this free data helps even more! Now, I must go spread the word and convert more folks to this wonderful service.

GibsonSGJ

Currently, I never go over 6GB per 90 days either, but that's not to say that I won't as devices become for data-hungry and I travel for work more often. It's about having the choice, and sadly Telus has removed that choice from PM's business model.

I'm also sour about the state of competition in the Candian telecommunications industry in general. 2-3 big companies own everything, are protected by outdated anticompetitive laws introduced in the 90s which the CRTC is lobbied not to touch and they are careful not to compete too hard with each other as to not hurt their profit margins.

We need an open market so that we're not 5 years behind the rest of the modern world in this industry.

@GibsonSGJ, your LTE plan continues to be LTE, it will not change.

I have 12 GB per 90-day cycle.  I wish I could give you half of it, as I don't go over 6 GB/90-day.  But hey, I know how to conserve data and use WiFi when available.  I also don't live on my phone, as I have friends and family who like to visit, rather than SMS or video chat all the time.

salyward3008

this is awseome, Thanks!!!!

GibsonSGJ

How about a permanent bump of 1 GB per cycle. Yes, I know that sounds greedy and you really didn't need to give us anything, but with Public Mobile offering 3G plans only going forward, once I decide that my 6GB per 90 days plan (which was LTE before you even made the decision to regress to 2013 and resurrect 3G) is no longer enough data, I'll have no choice but to leave Public Mobile, and I can't promise that I'd move up the Telus ladder to Koodo unless they started offering some crazy good deals again.

Bj03

Sweet! , 1gb will definitely help while on the road

Anonymous
Not applicable

@zvoethomas wrote:

will my account still be eligable if i let my account become suspended after september 4th? i am going on holiday for a month mid september and am planning to let my plan suspend on the 23rd, and pay again mid october. can i use the 1gb then?

You'll be fine. If you are active from Aug 19 to Sep 5 (it says 4th but lets go to after midnight) then you would get the add-on added to your account. Suspending an account doesn't drop add-ons.

@zvoethomas wrote:

will my account still be eligable if i let my account become suspended after september 4th? i am going on holiday for a month mid september and am planning to let my plan suspend on the 23rd, and pay again mid october. can i use the 1gb then?

that's a good question

and what if the phone is reported stolen after 4th, that shouldn't disqualify in my opinion

zvoethomas

Anonymous
Not applicable

@111111 wrote:

I Signed up on July 30 do I qualify for free bonus data

Yes. If you were active on Aug 19 and stay active until Sep 4.

I Signed up on July 30 do I qualify for free bonus data

@RODNEY2008 

Be patient.  Nobody has gotten the extra data yet.  It just was recently announced.

See original posting:

How to claim your data:

• No action required- on August 23rd, eligible customers will receive an SMS from Public Mobile confirming you’re on the list!
  • Bonus Data Add-Ons will be applied within 2 weeks of receiving the confirmation SMS. Note: Please allow the two week period to pass before reaching out to the Moderator Team if you are expecting a bonus Data Add-On.
  • Once it’s been applied to your account, you will receive a confirmation SMS. 

RODNEY2008

I never got this offer I been customer since a month almost: 

laila10

Thank you the love snd definitely staying in public mobile. cheapest in town 

Ericpottle
Way to go guys, keep us all happy. Worlds be providers.👍

Eister

What a great loyalty gesture!! Unfortunately I went in to sign up at London Drugs last week, but discovered I am still locked into my current competitor plan until next week, so will miss this one.  But hopefully will get lucky in the future. 🙂   

Snenej77

Great incentive!  Just switched to PM August 9th.  Thank you 

DanielleMarie

I missed this by one day (had the SIM but hadn't activated yet) but it's great to know PM does this sort of stuff for their customers! So far I'm very happy with the service! Thanks PM! 😄

kalpesh9

New colors, new style, new website with clear concise information and top off 1GB data free. Way to go,, PM

mellondon

I’m really liking public mobile so far. Good job everyone 

zhadj030
Mayor / Maire

Those are the type of surprises that I like

lon_h

This is wonderful!! Thanks so much.

Watoko
Deputy Mayor / Adjoint au Maire

Wicked! I'm still getting used to the new logo and the weird colour scheme (orange was much more eye catching and appealing), but a freebie is a nice surprise. Keep up the good work being customer centric!

jor123
Town Hero / Héro de la Ville

@dna2016 wrote:

Now that's just amazing.  I've never seen a company give away free data before as an appreciation.  I've been with at least 4 other companies and I never received anything free unless it included adding another year to my contract.

Great job PM always thinking about the folks that make PM so great and growing, your existing customers.  Hope to see more of this type of gesture at least once a year along with the loyalty credit.  

Thanks PM, look forward to getting that SMS and having the 1GB data added with no issues Smiley LOL

It's always great to see existing customers rewarded and not just new ones. 

Need Help? Let's chat.