cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Showing some love to our customers with 1 GB of data, on us!

Alan_K
Deputy Mayor / Adjoint au Maire

Hey Community,

What a hectic week full of exciting updates and improvements! We know there’s been a ton of change this past week, and we want to make sure that our longer tenured customers don’t feel left out! 

Even though our look and feel has changed, we’re continuing to focus on being customer-first. Thanks for hanging in there with us, and we hope you’re ready to grow together with us because we love having you here! 🙂 Whether you’re a long-time Community guru, or someone who just joined a month ago, we’re for you.

That’s why we’re excited to share a public display of affection with customers who were with Public Mobile since before our big brand refresh (more eligibility details below), as a token of our appreciation.

What’s up for grabs:

• $0 1 GB bonus data Add-On
  • Does not expire until fully consumed
  • The data speed will match the speed of the data that is included as part of your rate plan. If your rate plan doesn’t include data, the Add-On will default to be at 4G LTE Speed. 

Eligibility criteria:

• Bonus Data Add-On will be automatically applied to customer accounts that were activated as of August 19, 11:59 PM ET or before
  • Account must be active at the time of August 19, 11:59 PM ET and continue to remain active until at least September 4, 2019.
  • If your account falls into suspend before September 4, you will become ineligible for the bonus Data Add-On.

How to claim your data:

• No action required- on August 23rd, eligible customers will receive an SMS from Public Mobile confirming you’re on the list!
  • Bonus Data Add-Ons will be applied within 2 weeks of receiving the confirmation SMS. Note: Please allow the two week period to pass before reaching out to the Moderator Team if you are expecting a bonus Data Add-On.
  • Once it’s been applied to your account, you will receive a confirmation SMS. 

Happy net surfing!

-Public Mobile Community Team

632 REPLIES 632

dna2016
Deputy Mayor / Adjoint au Maire

Now that's just amazing.  I've never seen a company give away free data before as an appreciation.  I've been with at least 4 other companies and I never received anything free unless it included adding another year to my contract.

Great job PM always thinking about the folks that make PM so great and growing, your existing customers.  Hope to see more of this type of gesture at least once a year along with the loyalty credit.  

Thanks PM, look forward to getting that SMS and having the 1GB data added with no issues Smiley LOL

Thank-you @mj890 . I appreciate that.

Terry 

mj890
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

Well said, a very intelligent point of view.

@mj890 wrote:

Thanks, nice to have it available till used up, but why not make it monthly for rest of this year.

Same reason they didn't make it permanent every month! The idea of data add-ons is to fill the gap until your next renewal if you burn up all your included data.

Some would consider it underhanded of a company to give extra GB of data for a period of time to get people used to having it and then take it away hoping you buy a bigger plan. Giving us  is this add-on is the opposite of underhanded allowing you to keep a relatively lower priced plan along with a free add-on to get you through to your next renewal if you go a bit overboard with data use one month.

JMHO ... Terry 

mj890

If you dont ask, you dont get. There is no shame in my game.

Free is better than nothing. More is better too, chill out dude.

Anonymous
Not applicable

@mj890 wrote:

Thanks, nice to have it available till used up, but why not make it monthly for rest of this year.

A company gives you something for nothing un-asked for and you want more. hmm

laila10
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

sounds good . i bet lots of new customers....nowadays everyone has a  promotion

dmalhotra

WoW! That's really a sweet gesture. Wasn't expecting something like this. |'m really glad that I signed up with PM last month. 🙂 Love Public Mobile even more now! Thanks!

mj890

aneelrajani

@Anonymous wrote:

@aneelrajani wrote:

Does this 1GB get used 1st, or after we've used up our alotted data for the month?

Add-ons always come after.

Excellent, this will last me forever with the 8.5GB plan!

Anonymous
Not applicable

@aneelrajani wrote:

Does this 1GB get used 1st, or after we've used up our alotted data for the month?

Add-ons always come after.

aneelrajani

Anonymous
Not applicable

@laila10 wrote:

wow soungs good ...this apply for new customers or anyone 

If you have an active account before 11:59pm ET Aug 19 then you are eligible.

maheshboloor
Model Citizen / Citoyen Modèle

@laila10 wrote:

so iys automatically 1 gb adddedd

That is correct. No action required from our side. All eligible subscribers will get a text message tmrw Aug 23 confirming the eligibility for the 1 gb add on. It may take upto two weeks to the add on to be applied to the account.

laila10

so iys automatically 1 gb adddedd

maheshboloor

@laila10This applies for all customers with an active account. 

laila10

wow soungs good ...this apply for new customers or anyone 

jor123
Town Hero / Héro de la Ville

@AE_Collector wrote:

@jor123 wrote:

Can this be stacked with the RBC Rewards one-time 5 GB bonus?

I don’t see why not. It’s being given to everyone who was a customer on Aug 19 and there are multiple add-ons available. Someone who has a bit of data left on another add-on won’t be happy if they aren’t given this 1 Gb. So, I say it will stack with that bonus.

Fair enough. Hopefully! Smiley Happy

@jor123 wrote:

I don’t see why not. It’s being given to everyone who was a customer on Aug 19 and there are multiple add-ons available. Someone who has a bit of data left on another add-on won’t be happy if they aren’t given this 1 Gb. So, I say it will stack with that bonus.

kfilipow

Thats an awesome deal. No other cell provider can beat that

rukawa0929

Darn it, was contemplating to get my mom a $15 plan
but 2 days too late...  Really wish that people who just joined could also get this 1GB bonus 😞
For people that dont use mobile data regularly (like my mon) 1GB extra data will be huge T.T

Anyone who was a customer on or before August 19 11:59pm and are still in good standing on September 4, you will get it. The plan that you are on doesn't matter.

jor123
Town Hero / Héro de la Ville

fisher
Great Citizen / Super Citoyen

NICE PLAN!

marcnoel

hairbag1:

I actually did comment in my original post about possibly buying that 500 minutes add-on.  I already got one for myself last month, but then started using Google Hangouts for local calling via WiFi.  It appears that 1 MB of data equates to about 1.5 minutes of airtime, so with a $ 30.00/1 GB data add-on, it would be $ .02/minute, vs. $ .01 for the add-on minutes, so it's cheaper to use the minutes add-on than data for Hangouts.  So far, I haven't gone over in either, so we'll see what happens.  Even if I used 100 minutes and 300 MB per month from the add-ons, the total expense would be the same as the $ 25.00 plan I just gave up, but I anticipate not going over, thereby, saving $ 10.00/month.

vivmak

This is great.  Having switche from Fido recently, already enjoying the new service, and this bonus makes it even better.  Really glad that I did the switch.

xdragon

Thank you, this is great.

Anonymous
Not applicable

@kav2001c wrote:

Any clarity on which plans get the promo?

You've been here plenty long...did you read the OP?

@kav2001c wrote:

All who meet the qualifying criteria:

• Bonus Data Add-On will be automatically applied to customer accounts that were activated as of August 19, 11:59 PM ET or before
  • Account must be active at the time of August 19, 11:59 PM ET and continue to remain active until at least September 4, 2019.
  • If your account falls into suspend before September 4, you will become ineligible for the bonus Data Add-On.

>>> ALERT: I am not a CSA. Je ne suis pas un Agent du soutien à la clientèle.

Need Help? Let's chat.