cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Showing some love to our customers with 1 GB of data, on us!

Alan_K
Deputy Mayor / Adjoint au Maire

Hey Community,

What a hectic week full of exciting updates and improvements! We know there’s been a ton of change this past week, and we want to make sure that our longer tenured customers don’t feel left out! 

Even though our look and feel has changed, we’re continuing to focus on being customer-first. Thanks for hanging in there with us, and we hope you’re ready to grow together with us because we love having you here! 🙂 Whether you’re a long-time Community guru, or someone who just joined a month ago, we’re for you.

That’s why we’re excited to share a public display of affection with customers who were with Public Mobile since before our big brand refresh (more eligibility details below), as a token of our appreciation.

What’s up for grabs:

• $0 1 GB bonus data Add-On
  • Does not expire until fully consumed
  • The data speed will match the speed of the data that is included as part of your rate plan. If your rate plan doesn’t include data, the Add-On will default to be at 4G LTE Speed. 

Eligibility criteria:

• Bonus Data Add-On will be automatically applied to customer accounts that were activated as of August 19, 11:59 PM ET or before
  • Account must be active at the time of August 19, 11:59 PM ET and continue to remain active until at least September 4, 2019.
  • If your account falls into suspend before September 4, you will become ineligible for the bonus Data Add-On.

How to claim your data:

• No action required- on August 23rd, eligible customers will receive an SMS from Public Mobile confirming you’re on the list!
  • Bonus Data Add-Ons will be applied within 2 weeks of receiving the confirmation SMS. Note: Please allow the two week period to pass before reaching out to the Moderator Team if you are expecting a bonus Data Add-On.
  • Once it’s been applied to your account, you will receive a confirmation SMS. 

Happy net surfing!

-Public Mobile Community Team

632 REPLIES 632

Anonymous
Not applicable

@hairbag1 wrote:

, huh.

huh??? What're you...merican? 🙂

In these h'yar parts we say eh...eh.

@DougWoodman wrote:

Its like Christmas in August. What a nice gesture on PM's part. I think it goes without saying, that this is a one time bonus of 1 Gbit and not an "Add On" to each account each and every month. Someone please tell me if I am right that is a One Timer. Wouldn't it have been nice to have the bar raised to + 1 Gbit every month. Too good to be true though, I think...

By saying it's a "data add-on"...that indicates that it's a one time thing. As soon as you've consumed your 1GB alottment...*poof*...it's over. Nice of them to give it to us anyhow, huh.

maheshboloor
Model Citizen / Citoyen Modèle

@DougWoodman Yes, this is a 'one time only' 1gb add on. This data will be only be used after the data in your current plan get exhausted before renewal. The one time add on data doesn't expire and will remain until each MB of 1024 MB are used. 

sulagok

This is AWESOMEEEEEEEEEEE!!!!!!!

Thanks PM

apiscitelli
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

Wow, free is a great deal! 

DougWoodman

Its like Christmas in August. What a nice gesture on PM's part. I think it goes without saying, that this is a one time bonus of 1 Gbit and not an "Add On" to each account each and every month. Someone please tell me if I am right that is a One Timer. Wouldn't it have been nice to have the bar raised to + 1 Gbit every month. Too good to be true though, I think...

@marcnoel wrote:

Now how's that for timing?  I just switched my wife over to the $ 15.00 plan (same as mine) from the $ 25.00 on August 18, as she wasn't needing unlimited minutes or 1 GB of data per month.  Because it's so new, I'm monitoring it to see if she needs extra minutes or data, and was prepared to buy a 1 GB data add-on, and/or 500 Canada-wide minutes.  This saves me $ 33.60.

Thank thank you you!

If you find you or wife can use a few extra talk minutes...maybe you could take advantage of the 500 minutes of Canada wide talk add-on for $5. Those 500 minutes don't expire at end of 30 days...they roll over until you've used them up. Even if it takes 2 years...as long as your plan stays active. Perdy sweet deal for occasional usage. Have a look in Add-ons for this one.

mperras
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

So awesome, hard to believe! Thanks for the great news!

jimbobs

Very decent gesture, thanks!

egg007

Thank you for thinking of us, the loyal customers!

It means a lot.

Thank you!

Rockabilly

Was about to buy a 1GB add-on. for $30.

Now I get it for free. Awesome.

marcnoel

Now how's that for timing?  I just switched my wife over to the $ 15.00 plan (same as mine) from the $ 25.00 on August 18, as she wasn't needing unlimited minutes or 1 GB of data per month.  Because it's so new, I'm monitoring it to see if she needs extra minutes or data, and was prepared to buy a 1 GB data add-on, and/or 500 Canada-wide minutes.  This saves me $ 33.60.

Thank thank you you!

BEER
Town Hero / Héro de la Ville

@Anonymous wrote:

@BEER wrote:
  • The data speed will match the speed of the data that is included as part of your rate plan. If your rate plan doesn’t include data, the Add-On will default to be at 4G LTE Speed. 

Does this mean that since my plan's data is at 3g I will only get 3G but if I switch to the $10 plan with no data I would get 1GB at 4g lte speed?

Yes. Be aware that fair warning has been given that the $10 plan may drop.

Yes but only for new activations - it would just be grandmothered for existing members.

Anonymous
Not applicable

@BEER wrote:

Does this mean that since my plan's data is at 3g I will only get 3G but if I switch to the $10 plan with no data I would get 1GB at 4g lte speed?

Yes. Be aware that fair warning has been given that the $10 plan may drop.

maheshboloor

@BEER 

@BEER wrote:

That is correct.

BEER

maheshboloor

@Knockali I literally created a topic this morning regarding Lucky mobiles unlimited data update..lol. My spidey sense says PM will react to LM and we will get unlimited data (at low speeds) sooner than later. 

Knockali

Love you too, how about offering unlimited data at reduced speed like lucky mobile.  Show some more ❤️ 

luke11992

This is great!

Typically you won't lose an add on by changing plans but if you let your plan expire even briefly that could be another story.

Terry

smp99

Thanks - nice little bonus. I have never gone over so I don't know if I will ever get to use it.

Does anyone know if I were to change plans in the future, will I lose the bonus?

This data will be great if I can ever use all 12 GB I have in a 90-day period!

SD08
Retired Oracle / Oracle Retraité

@Alan_K wrote:

Thanks @SD08 for keeping me honest here - you're correct in saying if you have no data in your rate plan, Data Add-Ons purchased are at 4G LTE speed. Going to make that correction now, but now it's even a sweeter surprise Smiley LOL

Thanks for clarifying, Alan.

LTE speed...sweet!   Smiley Happy

Alan_K

@SD08 wrote:

@Alan_K wrote: 

What’s up for grabs:

• $0 1 GB bonus data Add-On
  • Does not expire until fully consumed
  • The data speed will match the speed of the data that is included as part of your rate plan. If your rate plan doesn’t include data, the Add-On will default to be at 3G Speed

-Public Mobile Community Team

@Alan_K 

Not to look a gift horse in the mouth, but there's something that needs clarification here.
According to the fine print under Terms and Conditions near the bottom of the Plans page, it says:

PMPlansAddOnDefaultDataSpeedFinePrint#7_20Aug2019.jpg

This seems at odds with your note in the announcement here which says "If your rate plan doesn’t include data, the Add-On will default to be at 3G Speed."

Because of the T&C fine print point #7 which has existed in the Plans page ever since 3G plans were introduced in July 2017 and subsequently confirmed by former PM Community Manager Jeremy M., I had always understood that data add-ons for dataless plans would default to full LTE speed.

Therefore, please clarify:
1. Is this 1GB add-on gift actually set at 3G speed or full LTE speed for those whose plans don't include data?
2. For data add-ons purchased normally through self-serve for a dataless plan, are they still defaulted to full LTE speed?
3. If the answer to #2 is no, when did this change and how does it affect customers with a dataless plan who bought an add-on before the change?

I'm not sure how easy it is for PM to arbitrarily set one batch of data add-ons to one speed and another batch to a different speed when the regular plan otherwise has no indicator, so  I think this is important to clarify not just for this one-time gift, but also for anyone who bought data previously or will buy a data add-on for a dataless plan.  If either this announcement or the Terms & Conditions Pt #7 is inaccurate, please make the appropriate correction.

Thanks @SD08 for keeping me honest here - you're correct in saying if you have no data in your rate plan, Data Add-Ons purchased are at 4G LTE speed. Going to make that correction now, but now it's even a sweeter surprise Smiley LOL

kelvarnsen

@daredogg wrote:

I feel bought... like this is hush money! Robot LOL

Thank you Pm

Maybe, but I probably could have been bought for less than 1gb. 

@9R3W4L wrote:

One question though, is this 1Gb bonus data one time offer or recurring every month?

It's one time... stays on your account until it's used up. Your normal plan data will be used first, then it'll take from this add-on.

daredogg
Mayor / Maire

I feel bought... like this is hush money! Robot LOL

Thank you PM

9R3W4L

Great! Thank you PM and @Alan_K. It just keeps getting better and better!

One question though, is this 1Gb bonus data one time offer or recurring every month?

BEER

Amazing-  starting to like you again. LOL

tyedye00
Great Citizen / Super Citoyen

This is great. Thanks so much PM + Moderators!

Need Help? Let's chat.