cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Share the love: get a $25 Credit for You and Your Friend by Referring them to Public Mobile

Alan_K
Deputy Mayor / Adjoint au Maire

*This offer has been extended to March 31, 2019.

*This offer is online-only.

Hey Community,

From February 14th until March 31st, 2019, you and your friend can each get a $25 credit when you refer them to Public Mobile and they activate online.

Get the full scoop below.

Taking advantage of this promo is easy. Just follow these steps:

As a Public Mobile customer you need to:

1. Be a good pal and refer a friend to Public Mobile.
  2. Tell your friend that they need to successfully activate online on a 30 or 90-day plan during the promotional period and include you as their referrer in order to be eligible for the promotion.
  3. The one-time $25 credit will be applied to your Self-Serve account within 72 hours of your friend’s online activation. In addition, you will continue to be eligible for the $1 referral credit off your monthly bill for as long as your friend stays with Public Mobile.

Your friend will need to:

1. Activate a Public Mobile SIM card online on any 30 or 90-day plan at activate.publicmobile.ca.
  2. Enter your active Public Mobile phone number on the referral page during the activation process. Be sure they enter your number and not their own so you get credit for the referral.
  3. The one-time $25 credit will be applied to their Self-Serve account within 72 hours of activation.

FAQs and terms and conditions are below. Happy referring!

-Public Mobile Community team

FAQs

Spoiler

Refer a Friend Promotion FAQs

1. If I am referred and then I refer a friend or family member am I eligible for both sender and receiver rewards?

Yes, you are. This means that you would receive one $25 credit for being referred. Then, after activating with Public Mobile, you are eligible to take part in this promotion as a referral sender and earn $25 Refer-a-Friend credits during the promotional period. Learn more here.

2.I am a Legacy customer. Am I eligible for these rewards?

Legacy customers are not eligible for rewards. However, Legacy customers’ referrals are eligible for this offer, and can receive a one-time $25 account credit.

To learn more about Reward eligibility and Rewards,visit publicmobile.ca/rewardrules . If you would like to take advantage of this promotional offer, our support team can help you switch your plan to one that is currently available.

3. As the referral receiver, am I eligible for the ongoing $10 Refer a Friend Reward credit, as well as this $25 Refer a Friend credit?

No, these credits are not stackable. Instead, you will receive a total of $25 via an account credit, rather than the ongoing $10 Refer-a-Friend Reward credit.

4. When does this promotion end?

This promotion will end March 31, 2019 11:59PM ET.

Terms and Conditions

Referral sender (current Public Mobile customer)

• All existing Refer a Friend eligibility requirements and rules apply. To learn more, visit publicmobile.ca/rewardrules.
  • While Legacy customers are not eligible for Public Mobile Refer a Friend rewards, Legacy customers’ referrals are eligible for this offer, and can receive a one-time $25 account credit.
  • You and your referee have to accept these terms to participate in the program.
  • You can only refer individuals with whom you have a personal or family relationship to ensure compliance with Canada's anti-spam legislation.  
  • You can’t refer yourself or an existing Public Mobile customer.
  • TELUS team members, contractors, sales representatives acting on TELUS's behalf and associates at retail locations who receive special pricing are excluded from this promotion.

Referral receiver (your friend)

• Must activate on a 30 or 90-day plan with Public Mobile.
  • You must input the referral information (referrer’s Public Mobile phone number) during your activation.
  • You and your referrer have to accept these terms to participate in the program.
  • After activating with Public Mobile, you are eligible to take part in this promotion as a referral sender.

OTHER

TELUS assumes no responsibility for lost, delayed, damaged or misdirected referrals or communications or for any failure of the website, for any problems or technical malfunction of any computer online systems, servers, access providers, computer equipment, software, failure of any e-mail or referral to be received by TELUS on account of technical problems or traffic congestion on the Internet or at any website, or any combination thereof including any injury or damage to your (or any other person's) computer related to or resulting from this program. TELUS reserves the right, at its sole discretion, to change, cancel or suspend this program should a virus, bug or other cause beyond the reasonable control of TELUS, corrupt the security or proper administration of the program or for any other reason. Referrals are subject to verification and will be declared invalid if they are illegible, unintelligible, falsified, altered or tampered with or unlawful in any way. Referrals submitted by unauthorized means will be disqualified. In the event that it has been determined that a referral has been made in a manner not sanctioned by these terms, you and all of you referrals will be disqualified from this program and any referral credits that have been awarded will be deducted. You agree to abide by the terms of this program and the decisions of the TELUS team, which are final. This program is subject to all applicable laws and regulations.

TELUS may end the promotion or change any of the terms at any time, without notice and without obligation to award any promotion.

PRIVACY

Your privacy is important to TELUS. We have a long-standing policy of protecting the privacy of our customers in all of our business operations. Please visit telus.com/privacy for more information on the principles that govern the collection, use and disclosure of personal information. These principles reflect our continuing commitment to protecting our customers' privacy.

460 REPLIES 460

popping
Retired Oracle / Oracle Retraité

@Sharry19 wrote:

This is Amazingggg !!!

Really appreciate for offering this kind of Promo !

Please note that this promo will be valid for Online activation only means if you purchase the sim & only you activate it & NOT RETAIL STORE 

Agree.  Don't even use the computer at retail store. Period.  Activate at home.

Sharry19
Model Citizen / Citoyen Modèle

This is Amazingggg !!!

Really appreciate for offering this kind of Promo !

Please note that this promo will be valid for Online activation only means if you purchase the sim & only you activate it & NOT RETAIL STORE 

slpless
Great Citizen / Super Citoyen

@will13am wrote:

Got my first convert of the day already.  Keep these promos coming so my job is easier to do!  Warning to everyone, this promo is available for online activations only.  So those trying to get SIM cards from our favorite retailer (Walmart) should be careful that they don't get forced into an instore activation and lose out on the credit. 

Yup! Online only means online activation on public mobile website only! 

https://activate.publicmobile.ca/

You don't want to see your referee and yourself whine after activating at retail stores on their online(!) system. 

denis2
Model Citizen / Citoyen Modèle

HOLY COW !  I gotta call my friends Man Surprised

will13am
Oracle
Oracle

Got my first convert of the day already.  Keep these promos coming so my job is easier to do!  Warning to everyone, this promo is available for online activations only.  So those trying to get SIM cards from our favorite retailer (Walmart) should be careful that they don't get forced into an instore activation and lose out on the credit. 

SD08

@smp99 wrote:

Nice 

I assume you can stack the $10 x 6 month promo that is also going on if you activate online?

@smp99

Yes, it's stackable.  Confirmed by Alan K. here:

https://productioncommunity.publicmobile.ca/t5/Rewards/25-referral-credit-Feb-14-Mar-18/m-p/326385/h...

popping

It is time to use my 4 spare PM SIM cards to refer my friends and have a PM activation house party at my home.  I don't want my friends to activate their plans in-store to mess up the referral.

mimmo

@Alan_K the community beat you to the announcement again, because there was a spoiler in Self-serve. 

It might be worth announcing these promos a day ahead of time and build the excitement. 

smp99
Deputy Mayor / Adjoint au Maire

Nice 

I assume you can stack the $10 x 6 month promo that is also going on if you activate online?

SD08

Great to see this back again.  Smiley Happy

Would be even better if it were for both online and in-store activations, like the $10 per month for 6 months promo recently posted.

Need Help? Let's chat.