cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Share the love: get a $25 Credit for You and Your Friend by Referring them to Public Mobile

Alan_K
Deputy Mayor / Adjoint au Maire

*This offer has been extended to March 31, 2019.

*This offer is online-only.

Hey Community,

From February 14th until March 31st, 2019, you and your friend can each get a $25 credit when you refer them to Public Mobile and they activate online.

Get the full scoop below.

Taking advantage of this promo is easy. Just follow these steps:

As a Public Mobile customer you need to:

1. Be a good pal and refer a friend to Public Mobile.
  2. Tell your friend that they need to successfully activate online on a 30 or 90-day plan during the promotional period and include you as their referrer in order to be eligible for the promotion.
  3. The one-time $25 credit will be applied to your Self-Serve account within 72 hours of your friend’s online activation. In addition, you will continue to be eligible for the $1 referral credit off your monthly bill for as long as your friend stays with Public Mobile.

Your friend will need to:

1. Activate a Public Mobile SIM card online on any 30 or 90-day plan at activate.publicmobile.ca.
  2. Enter your active Public Mobile phone number on the referral page during the activation process. Be sure they enter your number and not their own so you get credit for the referral.
  3. The one-time $25 credit will be applied to their Self-Serve account within 72 hours of activation.

FAQs and terms and conditions are below. Happy referring!

-Public Mobile Community team

FAQs

Spoiler

Refer a Friend Promotion FAQs

1. If I am referred and then I refer a friend or family member am I eligible for both sender and receiver rewards?

Yes, you are. This means that you would receive one $25 credit for being referred. Then, after activating with Public Mobile, you are eligible to take part in this promotion as a referral sender and earn $25 Refer-a-Friend credits during the promotional period. Learn more here.

2.I am a Legacy customer. Am I eligible for these rewards?

Legacy customers are not eligible for rewards. However, Legacy customers’ referrals are eligible for this offer, and can receive a one-time $25 account credit.

To learn more about Reward eligibility and Rewards,visit publicmobile.ca/rewardrules . If you would like to take advantage of this promotional offer, our support team can help you switch your plan to one that is currently available.

3. As the referral receiver, am I eligible for the ongoing $10 Refer a Friend Reward credit, as well as this $25 Refer a Friend credit?

No, these credits are not stackable. Instead, you will receive a total of $25 via an account credit, rather than the ongoing $10 Refer-a-Friend Reward credit.

4. When does this promotion end?

This promotion will end March 31, 2019 11:59PM ET.

Terms and Conditions

Referral sender (current Public Mobile customer)

• All existing Refer a Friend eligibility requirements and rules apply. To learn more, visit publicmobile.ca/rewardrules.
  • While Legacy customers are not eligible for Public Mobile Refer a Friend rewards, Legacy customers’ referrals are eligible for this offer, and can receive a one-time $25 account credit.
  • You and your referee have to accept these terms to participate in the program.
  • You can only refer individuals with whom you have a personal or family relationship to ensure compliance with Canada's anti-spam legislation.  
  • You can’t refer yourself or an existing Public Mobile customer.
  • TELUS team members, contractors, sales representatives acting on TELUS's behalf and associates at retail locations who receive special pricing are excluded from this promotion.

Referral receiver (your friend)

• Must activate on a 30 or 90-day plan with Public Mobile.
  • You must input the referral information (referrer’s Public Mobile phone number) during your activation.
  • You and your referrer have to accept these terms to participate in the program.
  • After activating with Public Mobile, you are eligible to take part in this promotion as a referral sender.

OTHER

TELUS assumes no responsibility for lost, delayed, damaged or misdirected referrals or communications or for any failure of the website, for any problems or technical malfunction of any computer online systems, servers, access providers, computer equipment, software, failure of any e-mail or referral to be received by TELUS on account of technical problems or traffic congestion on the Internet or at any website, or any combination thereof including any injury or damage to your (or any other person's) computer related to or resulting from this program. TELUS reserves the right, at its sole discretion, to change, cancel or suspend this program should a virus, bug or other cause beyond the reasonable control of TELUS, corrupt the security or proper administration of the program or for any other reason. Referrals are subject to verification and will be declared invalid if they are illegible, unintelligible, falsified, altered or tampered with or unlawful in any way. Referrals submitted by unauthorized means will be disqualified. In the event that it has been determined that a referral has been made in a manner not sanctioned by these terms, you and all of you referrals will be disqualified from this program and any referral credits that have been awarded will be deducted. You agree to abide by the terms of this program and the decisions of the TELUS team, which are final. This program is subject to all applicable laws and regulations.

TELUS may end the promotion or change any of the terms at any time, without notice and without obligation to award any promotion.

PRIVACY

Your privacy is important to TELUS. We have a long-standing policy of protecting the privacy of our customers in all of our business operations. Please visit telus.com/privacy for more information on the principles that govern the collection, use and disclosure of personal information. These principles reflect our continuing commitment to protecting our customers' privacy.

460 REPLIES 460

Anonymous
Not applicable

@MagFhinn

Call ahead to see if they stock. Then go in and say you need a replacement or you lost your phone and need one for an old one that you have. 

@MagFhinn  a écrit :

I'm out in the sticks, no where to get them in town here. There is a Walmart an hours drive away if they are available at all Walmarts. Might be my plan B if the shippment doesnt come by Friday. Thought I saw a thead where people were complaining that some Walmart locations refuse to sell them for self signup. Hopefuly the package gets here and I avoid the BS.

Cheers

Hum don't think to spend many hours to drive to a Walmart to buy a sim without activation...it would be exceptionnel...here for the tracking of your package...from @NDesai 

• Go to Canada post tracking web page: https://www.canadapost.ca/trackweb/en#/home
  • Enter the order number as the tracking/reference number in the box
  • Order number is sent on your email when you place an order. Please wait until you get the shipping confirmation before tracking your package. 
  • Click on the Track button and it will ask you to enter your postal code associated with your order. You will be asked for your postal code only if dulicate reference numbers are found in their system. 

track.png

MagFhinn
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

I'm out in the sticks, no where to get them in town here. There is a Walmart an hours drive away if they are available at all Walmarts. Might be my plan B if the shippment doesnt come by Friday. Thought I saw a thead where people were complaining that some Walmart locations refuse to sell them for self signup. Hopefuly the package gets here and I avoid the BS.

Cheers

@MagFhinn  a écrit :

I see this $25 referal promo ends March 31. I ordered 2 sims for my parents yesterday and hoping they get here before the weekend. If the SIMs don't arrive in time, is there a way to start the signup process and put in the SIM info later once they get here so I can still catch the promo?

Cheers!

You need the numbers on your sim card to register...Smiley Frustrated Can you buy Sims, if you want..in another store..london drugs, wow mobile, Mobile shop....??

MagFhinn

I see this $25 referal promo ends March 31. I ordered 2 sims for my parents yesterday and hoping they get here before the weekend. If the SIMs don't arrive in time, is there a way to start the signup process and put in the SIM info later once they get here so I can still catch the promo?

Cheers!

Mary_M
Retraité / Retired
Retraité / Retired

Hey acmethod,

I just want to let you know that I've sent you a private message 🙂

Best,

Mary

** Please do not post private info such as: phone number, account number, pin etc.. This is a public forum. **

Sekiro

@zigkiss  From what I am understanding, you and your friend receiving $25 credit each IS correct. Also, your account should have the $1 refer-a-friend reward (for referring your friend) and if you don't see it, contact a moderator to have it applied to your account.

Pizzaeh

@zigkiss wrote:

no I used a new email address for him but I refered him with my phone number so he got a $25 credit on his account and I in mine but I didn't get the second $25 credit for him using my referal.

@zigkiss , this is confusing.  You referred him, and you both received a $25 referral credit; that is correct.  You don't get a second $25 credit for him using your referral - you referring him and him using your referral are the same thing.  I hope that makes sense.  

Edit: I'm sure my grammar is way out of bounds, wanted to follow what the poster is saying.

zigkiss

no I used a new email address for him but I refered him with my phone number so he got a $25 credit on his account and I in mine but I didn't get the second $25 credit for him using my referal.

acmethod
Great Citizen / Super Citoyen

Just did this. Had the credit in my account the next day. Public mobile is the best.

Pwr1019
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

Signed up yesterday got the $25 credit today great deal!

smp99

This extension to Mar31 has worked well for me. 3 signups in the past week.

Mattwinters

HARSHiL__17

time machine already lended to someone else.
I guess would have to try next time

Pizzaeh

@HARSHiL__17 wrote:

hello 
I was refered by a friend and I did online activation on March 26th 2019.
Neither me nor my friend received $10 or $25 rewards.

Please help

For online activations, your friend should have received a text message about successfully referring a friend.  Within 72 hours of receiving that text message both of you should see the $25 credit in your available funds, but usually the next day after receiving the text message.  

By the way, can you lend me the time machine, there is something I would really like to take a look at before it happens. ;o)

SD08
Retired Oracle / Oracle Retraité

@HARSHiL__17 wrote:

hello 

Please help

@HARSHiL__17 

If you activated online (not in-store), the $25 credits will appear in each of your accounts within 72 hours (often by the next day).  If you did the activation at a store, only you will get a $10 credit (same timeframe).

HARSHiL__17

hello 

Please help

Pizzaeh

@Zippy wrote:

I never got the $25 credit yesterday when I referred a friend yesterday and I also did not get my $10 credit which my friend got that I registered.  Someone please help me get what I deserve.  Thanks

The $25 referral credit is a time limited promotion for online activations only, not in-store.  If your friend entered your Public Mobile number correctly during online activation, you would have received a text message saying you've successfully referred a friend.  Then, within 72 hours you will both receive the $25 credit in your Available Funds. 

However, since your friend received a $10 referral credit, it means they activated their account in-store.  In this case, the referring account does not receive any initial credit.  You will receive a $1/30day friend reward, as long as your friend's line is active on Public Mobile; this $1/30day friend reward is also given for referrals when the account is activated online.

Everything appears to be correct on both your accounts.

Zippy

I never got the $25 credit yesterday when I referred a friend yesterday and I also did not get my $10 credit which my friend got that I registered.  Someone please help me get what I deserve.  Thanks

Pizzaeh

@Anonymous wrote:

@ac3 wrote:

Yes I got the text and got $10.  I guess it will show at the renewal time. I'll check it out then. 

I'm confused. Are you the new customer? Are you the existing referring customer? Are you looking at both sides of accounts?

The new customer gets the $10 credit using a number of an existing customer. The existing customer gets the $1/30 days reward.

The existing customer will see the refer-a-friend in the rewards area of their overview page.

Edit: and in light of the subject line...when activated in store.

@Anonymous  you might be on to something...

For in-store activations, the referred account receives the $10 referral credit, while the referring account will ge the $1 refer-a-friend award, with no initial referral credit (ie. no $10).

@ac3 you say you referred but only got the $10, so that would mean you were the referee - meaning, you activated a new account in-store using your friend/family member's Public Mobile number for the referral, is that right?  If yes, then the person/account that referred you will get the $1 refer-a-friend award each month while your account remains active with Public Mobile.  This means your account is correct, nothing further is necessary.  

Pizzaeh

@ac3 wrote:

Yes I got the text and got $10.  I guess it will show at the renewal time. I'll check it out then. 

As @Anonymous mentioned, the $1 friend referral reward can be viewed by logging into your account and looking at the My Rewards section, Refer-a-Friend Reward.  If you want to see a list of 'friends', click on My Rewards button.  On the next page, click on the small arrow (pointing sideways) to expand the list of 'friends' and you will see their numbers.

Anonymous
Not applicable

@ac3 wrote:

I'm confused. Are you the new customer? Are you the existing referring customer? Are you looking at both sides of accounts?

The new customer gets the $10 credit using a number of an existing customer. The existing customer gets the $1/30 days reward.

The existing customer will see the refer-a-friend in the rewards area of their overview page.

Edit: and in light of the subject line...when activated in store.

ac3

Anonymous
Not applicable

@ac3 wrote:

Thanks for the clarification. But I have not received the $1 for myself due to the referral though. Is it applied on next billing date or it should up in my rewards within a few days? Been almost a week. 

If the referred friend used your number then you should see it in your rewards area on the overview page. Then at renewal it'll convert to Available Funds and be used towards your plan cost.

Did you get a text saying anything about being a referral?

ac3

Thanks for the clarification. But I have not received the $1 for myself due to the referral though. Is it applied on next billing date or it should up in my rewards within a few days? Been almost a week. 

Misty09

Hi! Did you make sure you used the email associated with your orginal account?

Anonymous
Not applicable

@ac3 wrote:

I recently referred but only got $10. Plus it is not showing my additional $1 off. Wonder why.  

The $10 is for new customers with a referral done in store. The $1 is for the existing customer that referred the new customer.

The $25 is for both parties when the new customer activated themselves NOT in store.

ac3

I recently referred but only got $10. Plus it is not showing my additional $1 off. Wonder why.  

sandpublic
Town Hero / Héro de la Ville

@zigkiss wrote:

I have a question, I got a referral number and activated yesterday, I then activated my son and used my number for the referral. Shouldn't I have two $25 credits? one from the Referral I got and one for the one I gave so $50?

I thought you got the credit both for using a referral number and also for being a referral number, I only show one $25.

Yes that is correct you should be seeing the second $25 within a couple of days.

Pizzaeh

@zigkiss wrote:

I have a question, I got a referral number and activated yesterday, I then activated my son and used my number for the referral. Shouldn't I have two $25 credits? one from the Referral I got and one for the one I gave so $50?

I thought you got the credit both for using a referral number and also for being a referral number, I only show one $25.

The referral credits will show up within 72 hours, officially.  Usually, you will see it in your account within a day.  For the account you activated yesterday, you probably received the credit today (early morning).  When did you activate your son's account with your number as a referral, yesterday or today?

Need Help? Let's chat.