cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Share the love: get a $25 Credit for You and Your Friend by Referring them to Public Mobile

Alan_K
Deputy Mayor / Adjoint au Maire

*This offer has been extended to March 31, 2019.

*This offer is online-only.

Hey Community,

From February 14th until March 31st, 2019, you and your friend can each get a $25 credit when you refer them to Public Mobile and they activate online.

Get the full scoop below.

Taking advantage of this promo is easy. Just follow these steps:

As a Public Mobile customer you need to:

1. Be a good pal and refer a friend to Public Mobile.
  2. Tell your friend that they need to successfully activate online on a 30 or 90-day plan during the promotional period and include you as their referrer in order to be eligible for the promotion.
  3. The one-time $25 credit will be applied to your Self-Serve account within 72 hours of your friend’s online activation. In addition, you will continue to be eligible for the $1 referral credit off your monthly bill for as long as your friend stays with Public Mobile.

Your friend will need to:

1. Activate a Public Mobile SIM card online on any 30 or 90-day plan at activate.publicmobile.ca.
  2. Enter your active Public Mobile phone number on the referral page during the activation process. Be sure they enter your number and not their own so you get credit for the referral.
  3. The one-time $25 credit will be applied to their Self-Serve account within 72 hours of activation.

FAQs and terms and conditions are below. Happy referring!

-Public Mobile Community team

FAQs

Spoiler

Refer a Friend Promotion FAQs

1. If I am referred and then I refer a friend or family member am I eligible for both sender and receiver rewards?

Yes, you are. This means that you would receive one $25 credit for being referred. Then, after activating with Public Mobile, you are eligible to take part in this promotion as a referral sender and earn $25 Refer-a-Friend credits during the promotional period. Learn more here.

2.I am a Legacy customer. Am I eligible for these rewards?

Legacy customers are not eligible for rewards. However, Legacy customers’ referrals are eligible for this offer, and can receive a one-time $25 account credit.

To learn more about Reward eligibility and Rewards,visit publicmobile.ca/rewardrules . If you would like to take advantage of this promotional offer, our support team can help you switch your plan to one that is currently available.

3. As the referral receiver, am I eligible for the ongoing $10 Refer a Friend Reward credit, as well as this $25 Refer a Friend credit?

No, these credits are not stackable. Instead, you will receive a total of $25 via an account credit, rather than the ongoing $10 Refer-a-Friend Reward credit.

4. When does this promotion end?

This promotion will end March 31, 2019 11:59PM ET.

Terms and Conditions

Referral sender (current Public Mobile customer)

• All existing Refer a Friend eligibility requirements and rules apply. To learn more, visit publicmobile.ca/rewardrules.
  • While Legacy customers are not eligible for Public Mobile Refer a Friend rewards, Legacy customers’ referrals are eligible for this offer, and can receive a one-time $25 account credit.
  • You and your referee have to accept these terms to participate in the program.
  • You can only refer individuals with whom you have a personal or family relationship to ensure compliance with Canada's anti-spam legislation.  
  • You can’t refer yourself or an existing Public Mobile customer.
  • TELUS team members, contractors, sales representatives acting on TELUS's behalf and associates at retail locations who receive special pricing are excluded from this promotion.

Referral receiver (your friend)

• Must activate on a 30 or 90-day plan with Public Mobile.
  • You must input the referral information (referrer’s Public Mobile phone number) during your activation.
  • You and your referrer have to accept these terms to participate in the program.
  • After activating with Public Mobile, you are eligible to take part in this promotion as a referral sender.

OTHER

TELUS assumes no responsibility for lost, delayed, damaged or misdirected referrals or communications or for any failure of the website, for any problems or technical malfunction of any computer online systems, servers, access providers, computer equipment, software, failure of any e-mail or referral to be received by TELUS on account of technical problems or traffic congestion on the Internet or at any website, or any combination thereof including any injury or damage to your (or any other person's) computer related to or resulting from this program. TELUS reserves the right, at its sole discretion, to change, cancel or suspend this program should a virus, bug or other cause beyond the reasonable control of TELUS, corrupt the security or proper administration of the program or for any other reason. Referrals are subject to verification and will be declared invalid if they are illegible, unintelligible, falsified, altered or tampered with or unlawful in any way. Referrals submitted by unauthorized means will be disqualified. In the event that it has been determined that a referral has been made in a manner not sanctioned by these terms, you and all of you referrals will be disqualified from this program and any referral credits that have been awarded will be deducted. You agree to abide by the terms of this program and the decisions of the TELUS team, which are final. This program is subject to all applicable laws and regulations.

TELUS may end the promotion or change any of the terms at any time, without notice and without obligation to award any promotion.

PRIVACY

Your privacy is important to TELUS. We have a long-standing policy of protecting the privacy of our customers in all of our business operations. Please visit telus.com/privacy for more information on the principles that govern the collection, use and disclosure of personal information. These principles reflect our continuing commitment to protecting our customers' privacy.

460 REPLIES 460

love_laugh_live
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

How do me and my friend get r 25$ been about a week and still nothing. 

jasrani

I need referral?

@CalgaryXP wrote:

Hi,

I am wondering why I only got $10 referral credit. I was expecting $25.

Capture.JPG

Thanks

iT'S FOR ACTIVATION AT STORE...

duffer900
Town Hero / Héro de la Ville

Was it an online activation?

CalgaryXP

Hi,

I am wondering why I only got $10 referral credit. I was expecting $25.

Capture.JPG

Thanks

denis2
Model Citizen / Citoyen Modèle

I was surprised to see that the ad was still there, and Whooo Hooo it's been extended to March 31st,  

fanfan
Great Citizen / Super Citoyen

Great news on the extension. The number of users is growing fast. My account was created a few years ago and my account number is in the 600,000’s. New accounts are above the 1 million mark.  

SD08
Retired Oracle / Oracle Retraité

Thanks to PM for extending this promo to March 31.  More time to work on the referrals.  Smiley Happy

Patrick_R

Welcome I hope you enjoy Ive a new member too

Pizzaeh

@Patrick_R wrote:

Hi you get any friends to sign up? Im trying but friends are slow to do so worried they wont make the deadline tonight

The deadline has been extended to March 31st.

https://productioncommunity.publicmobile.ca/t5/Announcements/Share-the-love-get-a-25-Credit-for-You-...

Patrick_R

Hi you get any friends to sign up? Im trying but friends are slow to do so worried they wont make the deadline tonight

Patrick_R

Always best to activate at home never let the store do it.

renshen

Thanks very much all - several pm's in record time!  Looking forward to being a member.

rs

renshen

Hey all ! New member here. Migrating over from Koodo legacy plan.

Just bought a SIM card today; stumbled upon this deal before activating. 

Have no friends on PM (yet) - will anyone on here be my friend? 😉

Would love a referral pm if possible. Thanks in advance

Martin (renshen)

Elittle01
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

@computergeek541  and @Dunkman 

Thanks so much for clarifying. 😊

@Elittle01 

It was suppose to end tonight at midnight EDT, but it looks like that it has been extended until March 31.

@Elittle01 wrote:

Is the offer valid until the 31st of March or does it end today? I was changing my own yesterday and thought I saw somewhere that refer-a-friend ends today.

March 18 is the old expiry date.  This promotion has been extended until March 31.

Elittle01

*This offer has been extended to March 31, 2019.

*This offer is online-only.

Hey Community,

From February 14th until March 31st, 2019, you and your friend can each get a $25 credit when you refer them to Public Mobile and they activate online.

Get the full scoop below.

Taking advantage of this promo is easy. Just follow these steps:

As a Public Mobile customer you need to:

1. Be a good pal and refer a friend to Public Mobile.
  2. Tell your friend that they need to successfully activate online on a 30 or 90-day plan during the promotional period and include you as their referrer in order to be eligible for the promotion.
  3. The one-time $25 credit will be applied to your Self-Serve account within 72 hours of your friend’s online activation. In addition, you will continue to be eligible for the $1 referral credit off your monthly bill for as long as your friend stays with Public Mobile.

Your friend will need to:

1. Activate a Public Mobile SIM card online on any 30 or 90-day plan at activate.publicmobile.ca.
  2. Enter your active Public Mobile phone number on the referral page during the activation process. Be sure they enter your number and not their own so you get credit for the referral.
  3. The one-time $25 credit will be applied to their Self-Serve account within 72 hours of activation.

FAQs and terms and conditions are below. Happy referring!

-Public Mobile Community team

FAQs

Spoiler

Refer a Friend Promotion FAQs

1. If I am referred and then I refer a friend or family member am I eligible for both sender and receiver rewards?

Yes, you are. This means that you would receive one $25 credit for being referred. Then, after activating with Public Mobile, you are eligible to take part in this promotion as a referral sender and earn $25 Refer-a-Friend credits during the promotional period. Learn more here.

2.I am a Legacy customer. Am I eligible for these rewards?

Legacy customers are not eligible for rewards. However, Legacy customers’ referrals are eligible for this offer, and can receive a one-time $25 account credit.

To learn more about Reward eligibility and Rewards,visit publicmobile.ca/rewardrules . If you would like to take advantage of this promotional offer, our support team can help you switch your plan to one that is currently available.

3. As the referral receiver, am I eligible for the ongoing $10 Refer a Friend Reward credit, as well as this $25 Refer a Friend credit?

No, these credits are not stackable. Instead, you will receive a total of $25 via an account credit, rather than the ongoing $10 Refer-a-Friend Reward credit.

4. When does this promotion end?

This promotion will end March 31, 2019 11:59PM ET.

Terms and Conditions

Referral sender (current Public Mobile customer)

• All existing Refer a Friend eligibility requirements and rules apply. To learn more, visit publicmobile.ca/rewardrules.
  • While Legacy customers are not eligible for Public Mobile Refer a Friend rewards, Legacy customers’ referrals are eligible for this offer, and can receive a one-time $25 account credit.
  • You and your referee have to accept these terms to participate in the program.
  • You can only refer individuals with whom you have a personal or family relationship to ensure compliance with Canada's anti-spam legislation.  
  • You can’t refer yourself or an existing Public Mobile customer.
  • TELUS team members, contractors, sales representatives acting on TELUS's behalf and associates at retail locations who receive special pricing are excluded from this promotion.

Referral receiver (your friend)

• Must activate on a 30 or 90-day plan with Public Mobile.
  • You must input the referral information (referrer’s Public Mobile phone number) during your activation.
  • You and your referrer have to accept these terms to participate in the program.
  • After activating with Public Mobile, you are eligible to take part in this promotion as a referral sender.

OTHER

TELUS assumes no responsibility for lost, delayed, damaged or misdirected referrals or communications or for any failure of the website, for any problems or technical malfunction of any computer online systems, servers, access providers, computer equipment, software, failure of any e-mail or referral to be received by TELUS on account of technical problems or traffic congestion on the Internet or at any website, or any combination thereof including any injury or damage to your (or any other person's) computer related to or resulting from this program. TELUS reserves the right, at its sole discretion, to change, cancel or suspend this program should a virus, bug or other cause beyond the reasonable control of TELUS, corrupt the security or proper administration of the program or for any other reason. Referrals are subject to verification and will be declared invalid if they are illegible, unintelligible, falsified, altered or tampered with or unlawful in any way. Referrals submitted by unauthorized means will be disqualified. In the event that it has been determined that a referral has been made in a manner not sanctioned by these terms, you and all of you referrals will be disqualified from this program and any referral credits that have been awarded will be deducted. You agree to abide by the terms of this program and the decisions of the TELUS team, which are final. This program is subject to all applicable laws and regulations.

TELUS may end the promotion or change any of the terms at any time, without notice and without obligation to award any promotion.

PRIVACY

Your privacy is important to TELUS. We have a long-standing policy of protecting the privacy of our customers in all of our business operations. Please visit telus.com/privacy for more information on the principles that govern the collection, use and disclosure of personal information. These principles reflect our continuing commitment to protecting our customers' privacy.

Is the offer valid until the 31st of March or does it end today? I was changing my own yesterday and thought I saw somewhere that refer-a-friend ends today.

Looks like this popular promotion extended to March 31

Smart move, Public Mobile.  More new customers  Smiley Happy

Pizzaeh

@aaks47 wrote:

even when I was with koodo, when I bought the sim card, they asked me some information, but after that I made the activation on my house. I thought that this questions is the normal. I am sorry but this is my opinion that this is a bad company. my frined said to me that but I was not belive, but now I beleved that but unfortunatly lately.

The Walmart wireless rep doesn't work for Public Mobile.  Complaints regarding a specific Walmart location should be submitted to the Public Mobile mods.  

aaks47

even when I was with koodo, when I bought the sim card, they asked me some information, but after that I made the activation on my house. I thought that this questions is the normal. I am sorry but this is my opinion that this is a bad company. my frined said to me that but I was not belive, but now I beleved that but unfortunatly lately.

aaks47

mik101

It has been made clear many times on here already -- if they won't sell you a sim card unactivated at Walmart (AKA STILL SEALED IN THE PACKAGE), go elsewhere. This is strictly a Walmart Sales Associate issue, and nothing to do with Public Mobile.

@aaks47 

While we feel bad for you, this is your mistake because you had to provide him information to activate the sim card, instead of simply paying the $10+tax and being on your way with it still sealed in the package. Or do you provide all of your personal information including SIN number when you make any other normal purchase? This has nothing to do with public mobile and everything to do with poor customer service at Walmart, and a lack of common sense.

Just a reminder folks -- this deal expires at midnight tonight.

@aaks47 wrote:

but this is not my mistake, I bought the sim from walmart to make an online activation, but he did the activation without asking me. I surprised when he said that he did every thing. I am dissappointed from this company. I will not complete with public mobile. They are Scammers.

The representative in Walmart did NOT activate your account alone...he needs informations from you for that!!Smiley Wink And the representative is NOT public mobile. Public mobile didn't do anything wrong with you. Sorry for you.Smiley Sad

aaks47

but this is not my mistake, I bought the sim from walmart to make an online activation, but he did the activation without asking me. I surprised when he said that he did every thing. I am dissappointed from this company. I will not complete with public mobile. They are Scammers.

@thesentrix wrote:

At what time of the day on March 18th does this end? Wondering if there is still time to get in on this offer

Till 12.00PM tonight..Smiley Happy

thesentrix

Nvm, found it, can't find delete button to delete my post sorry

lxzxd168

That's another nice news....thanks buddy.

@Lieux wrote:

@lxzxd168  a écrit :

Thanks...That is really nice~i already referred two friends and both of them activated immediately. 

One question: my one friend activated yesterday and I received two messages in one hr including the $25 credit one; my another axtivated today but receive only one message saying activated, have not received the $25 credit after 8 hrs...maybe really need to wait 72 hrs? Or i can only refer to one friend? I don't think so though...

You are ok for the 72 hours waiting.. and no limit for the number of referral!!! As you can!Smiley Happy

@lxzxd168  a écrit :

Thanks...That is really nice~i already referred two friends and both of them activated immediately. 

One question: my one friend activated yesterday and I received two messages in one hr including the $25 credit one; my another axtivated today but receive only one message saying activated, have not received the $25 credit after 8 hrs...maybe really need to wait 72 hrs? Or i can only refer to one friend? I don't think so though...

You are ok for the 72 hours waiting.. and no limit for the number of referral!!! As you can!Smiley Happy

lxzxd168

Need Help? Let's chat.