cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Share the love: get a $25 Credit for You and Your Friend by Referring them to Public Mobile

Alan_K
Deputy Mayor / Adjoint au Maire

*This offer has been extended to March 31, 2019.

*This offer is online-only.

Hey Community,

From February 14th until March 31st, 2019, you and your friend can each get a $25 credit when you refer them to Public Mobile and they activate online.

Get the full scoop below.

Taking advantage of this promo is easy. Just follow these steps:

As a Public Mobile customer you need to:

1. Be a good pal and refer a friend to Public Mobile.
  2. Tell your friend that they need to successfully activate online on a 30 or 90-day plan during the promotional period and include you as their referrer in order to be eligible for the promotion.
  3. The one-time $25 credit will be applied to your Self-Serve account within 72 hours of your friend’s online activation. In addition, you will continue to be eligible for the $1 referral credit off your monthly bill for as long as your friend stays with Public Mobile.

Your friend will need to:

1. Activate a Public Mobile SIM card online on any 30 or 90-day plan at activate.publicmobile.ca.
  2. Enter your active Public Mobile phone number on the referral page during the activation process. Be sure they enter your number and not their own so you get credit for the referral.
  3. The one-time $25 credit will be applied to their Self-Serve account within 72 hours of activation.

FAQs and terms and conditions are below. Happy referring!

-Public Mobile Community team

FAQs

Spoiler

Refer a Friend Promotion FAQs

1. If I am referred and then I refer a friend or family member am I eligible for both sender and receiver rewards?

Yes, you are. This means that you would receive one $25 credit for being referred. Then, after activating with Public Mobile, you are eligible to take part in this promotion as a referral sender and earn $25 Refer-a-Friend credits during the promotional period. Learn more here.

2.I am a Legacy customer. Am I eligible for these rewards?

Legacy customers are not eligible for rewards. However, Legacy customers’ referrals are eligible for this offer, and can receive a one-time $25 account credit.

To learn more about Reward eligibility and Rewards,visit publicmobile.ca/rewardrules . If you would like to take advantage of this promotional offer, our support team can help you switch your plan to one that is currently available.

3. As the referral receiver, am I eligible for the ongoing $10 Refer a Friend Reward credit, as well as this $25 Refer a Friend credit?

No, these credits are not stackable. Instead, you will receive a total of $25 via an account credit, rather than the ongoing $10 Refer-a-Friend Reward credit.

4. When does this promotion end?

This promotion will end March 31, 2019 11:59PM ET.

Terms and Conditions

Referral sender (current Public Mobile customer)

• All existing Refer a Friend eligibility requirements and rules apply. To learn more, visit publicmobile.ca/rewardrules.
  • While Legacy customers are not eligible for Public Mobile Refer a Friend rewards, Legacy customers’ referrals are eligible for this offer, and can receive a one-time $25 account credit.
  • You and your referee have to accept these terms to participate in the program.
  • You can only refer individuals with whom you have a personal or family relationship to ensure compliance with Canada's anti-spam legislation.  
  • You can’t refer yourself or an existing Public Mobile customer.
  • TELUS team members, contractors, sales representatives acting on TELUS's behalf and associates at retail locations who receive special pricing are excluded from this promotion.

Referral receiver (your friend)

• Must activate on a 30 or 90-day plan with Public Mobile.
  • You must input the referral information (referrer’s Public Mobile phone number) during your activation.
  • You and your referrer have to accept these terms to participate in the program.
  • After activating with Public Mobile, you are eligible to take part in this promotion as a referral sender.

OTHER

TELUS assumes no responsibility for lost, delayed, damaged or misdirected referrals or communications or for any failure of the website, for any problems or technical malfunction of any computer online systems, servers, access providers, computer equipment, software, failure of any e-mail or referral to be received by TELUS on account of technical problems or traffic congestion on the Internet or at any website, or any combination thereof including any injury or damage to your (or any other person's) computer related to or resulting from this program. TELUS reserves the right, at its sole discretion, to change, cancel or suspend this program should a virus, bug or other cause beyond the reasonable control of TELUS, corrupt the security or proper administration of the program or for any other reason. Referrals are subject to verification and will be declared invalid if they are illegible, unintelligible, falsified, altered or tampered with or unlawful in any way. Referrals submitted by unauthorized means will be disqualified. In the event that it has been determined that a referral has been made in a manner not sanctioned by these terms, you and all of you referrals will be disqualified from this program and any referral credits that have been awarded will be deducted. You agree to abide by the terms of this program and the decisions of the TELUS team, which are final. This program is subject to all applicable laws and regulations.

TELUS may end the promotion or change any of the terms at any time, without notice and without obligation to award any promotion.

PRIVACY

Your privacy is important to TELUS. We have a long-standing policy of protecting the privacy of our customers in all of our business operations. Please visit telus.com/privacy for more information on the principles that govern the collection, use and disclosure of personal information. These principles reflect our continuing commitment to protecting our customers' privacy.

460 REPLIES 460

mimmo
Retired Oracle / Oracle Retraité

@59  how long as it been, it takes up to 72 hours.    did they follow the rules of the promotion ie online activation and entering you number as the referal?

Anonymous
Not applicable

@59 wrote:

I was refered to Public by a friend and received the 25 dollars

I have refered a friend and have not received the 25 dollars. Please advise me what to do to ensure that I receive the 25 dollar credit for the friend referral.

Thank you

Did the other friend that you referred to, do the activation online?

If not then you'll get the $1/30 days and he'll get $10 if he in fact put in your number at activation.

Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

I was refered to Public by a friend and received the 25 dollars

I have refered a friend and have not received the 25 dollars. Please advise me what to do to ensure that I receive the 25 dollar credit for the friend referral.

Thank you

stmary77
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

okay thank you for the reply!

@stmary77 wrote:

hello.  just wondering, can the referral sender still get the $1 credit per month as well as the $25 credit on this promotion?  thank you.

@stmary77  Yes the referral sender (referee) gets the $1 credit each month (30days)

edit- as long as the person you referred (who types on your phone number during activation) has an active/in good standing account.

stmary77

hello.  just wondering, can the referral sender still get the $1 credit per month as well as the $25 credit on this promotion?  thank you.

rainshine

Hello!  I'm ready to activate my sim card.  Would anyone be interested in referring me?  If so, please pm me with your number. 

I got one, thanks!

thesentrix

Thats what i was thinking. Thanks you for your reply 🙂

@thesentrix wrote:

Hi guys,

Do the $25 carry over to the following month? My bill cost say $40 a month, if i refer 4 friends will that pay my current bill of $40 and have $60 carry over to the next month, then pay that month and $20 carry over to the next month? Or does the credit go away once the month is over?

The $25 credit is a one time thing per referral if the activation is done online.  It stays in your account until it is used up and as long as your account is still open.

thesentrix

Hi guys,

Do the $25 carry over to the following month? My bill cost say $40 a month, if i refer 4 friends will that pay my current bill of $40 and have $60 carry over to the next month, then pay that month and $20 carry over to the next month? Or does the credit go away once the month is over?

mimmo
Retired Oracle / Oracle Retraité

@EdmondY wrote:

You should really change the referrals method to using unique referral codes that are only to be used for referring customers to maintain privacy.  That's a change that I see should really be completed.

@EdmondY what's the issue? Why  don't you want to give your number to friends and family?

Csteeves71

Definitely gonna get all my friends to join!!

EdmondY
Model Citizen / Citoyen Modèle

You should really change the referrals method to using unique referral codes that are only to be used for referring customers to maintain privacy.  That's a change that I see should really be completed.

navcoke

Loving it so far, Kids would live the special $25 treat 🙂

@erminchow wrote:

I signed my friend up a few days ago, but haven’t received the $25. Any idea why?

Did you sign up online or in-store?

erminchow

I signed my friend up a few days ago, but haven’t received the $25. Any idea why?

Within 72 hours @philjane !!! Patience!

CS_Agent
Customer Support Agent

Hi @philjane

Sorry to hear you've faced some difficulties with the promo.  We can surely help you find a solution.

In order to do so, can you send us a private message via the Community? Please click on this link: https://goo.gl/JnHqMR

Kind regards. 

philjane

I referred a friend, referred a friend and we both got texts saying that we had a $25.00 credit, it does not show that on either of our accounts

The announcement about this promotion is

Hey Community,

From February 14th until March 18th, 2019, you and your friend can each get a $25 credit when you refer them to Public Mobile and they activate online.

Get the full scoop below.

Taking advantage of this promo is easy. Just follow these steps:

As a Public Mobile customer you need to:

1. Be a good pal and refer a friend to Public Mobile.
  2. Tell your friend that they need to successfully activate online on a 30 or 90-day plan during the promotional period and include you as their referrer in order to be eligible for the promotion.
  3. The one-time $25 credit will be applied to your Self-Serve account within 72 hours of your friend’s online activation. In addition, you will continue to be eligible for the $1 referral credit off your monthly bill for as long as your friend stays with Public Mobile.

Your friend will need to:

1. Activate a Public Mobile SIM card online on any 30 or 90-day plan at activate.publicmobile.ca.
  2. Enter your active Public Mobile phone number on the referral page during the activation process. Be sure they enter your number and not their own so you get credit for the referral.
  3. The one-time $25 credit will be applied to their Self-Serve account within 72 hours of activation.

Are you available @Seven7 ?

If yes write a message to the moderator here...https://productioncommunity.publicmobile.ca/t5/notes/composepage/note-to-user-id/22437 and ask them about it. Waiting time is few hours to 2 days.

Metal1967

@Seven7 wrote:

I,ve been with public mobile for almost 2 weeks now and we never received our 25$ yet.my wife refered me. 72 hours is quite long

@Seven7 

Did you activate online at home?

Seven7

I,ve been with public mobile for almost 2 weeks now and we never received our 25$ yet.my wife refered me. 72 hours is quite long

@EDZ1 wrote:

Very bad advertising for Public Mobile... I'm not impressed 

It's not Public Mobile's fault, the OSL representatives at Wal-Mart are the problem, as they are instructed by their manager to not sell without activation.  Please provide information to @Mary_M regarding the specific location, so that Public Mobile can address this issue accordingly.

@smp99 wrote:

Bad advertising??

I don’t see anywhere where it says you can get this if activated in store. 

The  orig post and repeated countless times it says you have to activate at home or online

I have no idea where people got the idea you could get it at the store.  It was in first post. It was asked and answered too.

@smp99 wrote:

Bad advertising??

The  orig post and repeated countless times it says you have to activate at home or online

@smp99 the fact that there are still people showing up here with the same stories of their experience with Walmart, or some other partner, shows that there is room for improvement in the way PM chooses their words for their promotions.  These can be changed to win-win situations if it was worded slightly differently.

smp99

Bad advertising??

@EDZ1 wrote:

Yes, Walmart has been a sore spot for Public Mobile in terms of business partners.  I hope Public Mobile considers dropping them soon because there are many stories of people getting duped by Walmart staff.  Sorry to hear of your experience, but welcome to Public Mobile and hopefully the rest of your experiences will be a lot better (especially the money you save from cheaper accounts and the great people you meet in the community here).

Public Mobile are not responsible for this bad mistake but the representatives from technology Walmart department. I hope too that something can be eventually finally...done.

EDZ1

Sorry for you @EDZ1 but again the Walmart representative was falseSmiley Frustrated 

The 25$ is just when activated ONLINE at HOME...

Need Help? Let's chat.