cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Share the love: get a $25 Credit for You and Your Friend by Referring them to Public Mobile

Alan_K
Deputy Mayor / Adjoint au Maire

*This offer has been extended to March 31, 2019.

*This offer is online-only.

Hey Community,

From February 14th until March 31st, 2019, you and your friend can each get a $25 credit when you refer them to Public Mobile and they activate online.

Get the full scoop below.

Taking advantage of this promo is easy. Just follow these steps:

As a Public Mobile customer you need to:

1. Be a good pal and refer a friend to Public Mobile.
  2. Tell your friend that they need to successfully activate online on a 30 or 90-day plan during the promotional period and include you as their referrer in order to be eligible for the promotion.
  3. The one-time $25 credit will be applied to your Self-Serve account within 72 hours of your friend’s online activation. In addition, you will continue to be eligible for the $1 referral credit off your monthly bill for as long as your friend stays with Public Mobile.

Your friend will need to:

1. Activate a Public Mobile SIM card online on any 30 or 90-day plan at activate.publicmobile.ca.
  2. Enter your active Public Mobile phone number on the referral page during the activation process. Be sure they enter your number and not their own so you get credit for the referral.
  3. The one-time $25 credit will be applied to their Self-Serve account within 72 hours of activation.

FAQs and terms and conditions are below. Happy referring!

-Public Mobile Community team

FAQs

Spoiler

Refer a Friend Promotion FAQs

1. If I am referred and then I refer a friend or family member am I eligible for both sender and receiver rewards?

Yes, you are. This means that you would receive one $25 credit for being referred. Then, after activating with Public Mobile, you are eligible to take part in this promotion as a referral sender and earn $25 Refer-a-Friend credits during the promotional period. Learn more here.

2.I am a Legacy customer. Am I eligible for these rewards?

Legacy customers are not eligible for rewards. However, Legacy customers’ referrals are eligible for this offer, and can receive a one-time $25 account credit.

To learn more about Reward eligibility and Rewards,visit publicmobile.ca/rewardrules . If you would like to take advantage of this promotional offer, our support team can help you switch your plan to one that is currently available.

3. As the referral receiver, am I eligible for the ongoing $10 Refer a Friend Reward credit, as well as this $25 Refer a Friend credit?

No, these credits are not stackable. Instead, you will receive a total of $25 via an account credit, rather than the ongoing $10 Refer-a-Friend Reward credit.

4. When does this promotion end?

This promotion will end March 31, 2019 11:59PM ET.

Terms and Conditions

Referral sender (current Public Mobile customer)

• All existing Refer a Friend eligibility requirements and rules apply. To learn more, visit publicmobile.ca/rewardrules.
  • While Legacy customers are not eligible for Public Mobile Refer a Friend rewards, Legacy customers’ referrals are eligible for this offer, and can receive a one-time $25 account credit.
  • You and your referee have to accept these terms to participate in the program.
  • You can only refer individuals with whom you have a personal or family relationship to ensure compliance with Canada's anti-spam legislation.  
  • You can’t refer yourself or an existing Public Mobile customer.
  • TELUS team members, contractors, sales representatives acting on TELUS's behalf and associates at retail locations who receive special pricing are excluded from this promotion.

Referral receiver (your friend)

• Must activate on a 30 or 90-day plan with Public Mobile.
  • You must input the referral information (referrer’s Public Mobile phone number) during your activation.
  • You and your referrer have to accept these terms to participate in the program.
  • After activating with Public Mobile, you are eligible to take part in this promotion as a referral sender.

OTHER

TELUS assumes no responsibility for lost, delayed, damaged or misdirected referrals or communications or for any failure of the website, for any problems or technical malfunction of any computer online systems, servers, access providers, computer equipment, software, failure of any e-mail or referral to be received by TELUS on account of technical problems or traffic congestion on the Internet or at any website, or any combination thereof including any injury or damage to your (or any other person's) computer related to or resulting from this program. TELUS reserves the right, at its sole discretion, to change, cancel or suspend this program should a virus, bug or other cause beyond the reasonable control of TELUS, corrupt the security or proper administration of the program or for any other reason. Referrals are subject to verification and will be declared invalid if they are illegible, unintelligible, falsified, altered or tampered with or unlawful in any way. Referrals submitted by unauthorized means will be disqualified. In the event that it has been determined that a referral has been made in a manner not sanctioned by these terms, you and all of you referrals will be disqualified from this program and any referral credits that have been awarded will be deducted. You agree to abide by the terms of this program and the decisions of the TELUS team, which are final. This program is subject to all applicable laws and regulations.

TELUS may end the promotion or change any of the terms at any time, without notice and without obligation to award any promotion.

PRIVACY

Your privacy is important to TELUS. We have a long-standing policy of protecting the privacy of our customers in all of our business operations. Please visit telus.com/privacy for more information on the principles that govern the collection, use and disclosure of personal information. These principles reflect our continuing commitment to protecting our customers' privacy.

460 REPLIES 460

EDZ1
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

Hello

I went to Walmart to buy a sim so I could activate online with my husband's referral to get the $25 credit for both of us. At Walmart the agent assured me many times that she could do the activation online and my husband and I would still receive the $25 credit. 

She activated my account on Feb 25. Neither of us has recieved the $25 credit.

Thanks for your help.

Dianapayne

Did u activate at home, or ar the store? Only eligable for the 25 if activated at home. I just found this out the hard way lol

Pizzaeh

@Brian68 wrote:

I recently got 3 phones hooked up and 2 were referrals and we never got the 25 dollar credit.the store employee said get would add it.

The $25 referral credit is for online activations.

Share-the-love-get-a-25-Credit-for-You-and-Your-Friend

Brian68
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

I recently got 3 phones hooked up and 2 were referrals and we never got the 25 dollar credit.the store employee said get would add it.

Pizzaeh

@Kayleedawn25 wrote:

If I refer more than one person during this period do I receive more than one 25$ credit? (aka one per person I refer?... $50 for 2 friends $75 for 3 friends etc...)

Thanks  

Yes, tell all your friends/family to activate a Public Mobile account online at home.  Make sure they enter your Public Mobile number for the referral.  The more, the merrier. 

In addition, for each person you refer, for every 30 days they maintain an active Public Mobile line you will receive a $1 friend award.

@Kayleedawn25 wrote:

If I refer more than one person during this period do I receive more than one 25$ credit? (aka one per person I refer?... $50 for 2 friends $75 for 3 friends etc...)

Thanks  

It's $25 for each person whom you refer. The new customer also gets $25.  These $25 credits only apply when there is a referral involved and only for online activations.

YeSSSSSS @Kayleedawn25 ! Go share it!

Kayleedawn25

Thanks  

Pizzaeh

@Patrick_R wrote:

Hi just curious I gave a friend a number off a subscriber who replied to one of my questions and said she could refer him.

He did do that and saw his 25.00 credit right away. Yet here it says takes 72 hours.

Up to 72 hours.  If the promotion said immediately or right away,  the post/questions asking for the credits would flood these forums.

Anonymous
Not applicable

@Patrick_R wrote:

Hi just curious I gave a friend a number off a subscriber who replied to one of my questions and said she could refer him.

He did do that and saw his 25.00 credit right away. Yet here it says takes 72 hours.

Think of it as a "cya" disclaimer.

@Patrick_R wrote:

Takes up to 72 hours.  I have never heard of anyone seeing the credit right away it is usuallyt he next morning the credit gets applied to the account.

I am happy to help, but I am not a Customer Support Agent please do not include any personal info in a message to me. Click HERE to create a trouble ticket through SIMon the Chatbot *

Patrick_R
Great Citizen / Super Citoyen

Anonymous
Not applicable

@CS_Agent wrote:

Hello @z10user4 , 

That was for @larsbar. Sorry for the confusion! 

@CS_Agent 

I wasn't in the position to be confused due to not being the one that asked a question. I was nudging you to indicate who you're replying to when posting. It's a common newbie thing. Comments and statements stand on their own but when the post seems to be answering/replying to someone then it's rather more helpful to indicate who. *Especially* when it's a thread like this. I can kinda get in a thread started by an OP but still.

Cheers

CS_Agent
Customer Support Agent

Hello @z10user4 , 

That was for @larsbar. Sorry for the confusion! 

Pizzaeh

@Anonymous wrote:

@CS_Agent wrote:

Hi there! 

We're really sorry to hear that you are experiencing this issue, but we can surely help you find a solution. 

In order to do so, please send us a private message  Please click on this link: https://goo.gl/JnHqMR

Best regards, 

Carlos. 

@CS_Agent 

Who are you replying to?

Probably meant that for @larsbar.

@larsbar if you still haven't sorted out the referral credit contract the mods using their link. 

Anonymous
Not applicable

@CS_Agent wrote:

Hi there! 

We're really sorry to hear that you are experiencing this issue, but we can surely help you find a solution. 

In order to do so, please send us a private message  Please click on this link: https://goo.gl/JnHqMR

Best regards, 

Carlos. 

@CS_Agent 

Who are you replying to?

CS_Agent
Customer Support Agent

Hi there! 

Best regards, 

Carlos. 

Pizzaeh

@larsbar wrote:

I did this and I never did recieve the credit, just the reward. I just went backed and looked at the transaction history and there was no credit applied.

When did you activate your account?

Was the activation done online at home? The $25 referral credit is for online activations.   If you did it online,  you should contact the mods. 

larsbar

I did this and I never did recieve the credit, just the reward. I just went backed and looked at the transaction history and there was no credit applied.

Anonymous
Not applicable

@Grannie wrote:

I just got a text saying I got this reward but when I checked it was only $1.00, not $25.

There are rewards and there are credits. A reward will be paid out on your renewal. A credit will be in your Available Funds.

Pizzaeh

@Grannie wrote:

I just got a text saying I got this reward but when I checked it was only $1.00, not $25.

The $25 credit will appear in your account at 4am tomorrow morning. 

@Grannie wrote:

If someone used your number to sign up today you will see the $25 reward in your account within 72 hours but most likely by tomorrow morning.

I am happy to help, but I am not a Customer Support Agent please do not include any personal info in a message to me. Click HERE to create a trouble ticket through SIMon the Chatbot *

Grannie

popping
Retired Oracle / Oracle Retraité

@almunacompany wrote:

I've activate my line online two days ago and put my friends phone number as referred friend. However I still didnt receive any notice that I will get $25 credit. Please advise.

Thanks

Ask you friend to check his account whether your phone number is on his referral list.

1. Login to self-serve account
2. Click on the "My Rewards" link on the overview page.
3. Click on the solid black triangle on the left of "Total Rewards earned" 2 times to show you the list of referrals of your friends' phone number. 

If your phone number is not on his referral list, you may enter the wrong phone number.

If you phone number is on his referral list, wait 72 hours before sending a private message to moderator to find out why.

@almunacompany wrote:

I've activate my line online two days ago and put my friends phone number as referred friend. However I still didnt receive any notice that I will get $25 credit. Please advise.

Thanks

The official statement is that it can take up to 72 hours to receive the credit.  Once it has been that long than that you can contact the Moderators.  

To send a private message to a moderator click this link and describe your issue.

Community Moderators are available from Monday-Friday 9 am (Eastern) to 9 pm (Eastern) and Saturday, and Sunday from 9 am (Eastern) to 7:30 pm (Eastern)

More info on moderators

almunacompany

Thanks

@ryjawar77 wrote:

I think it would be great if these promos were announced online in a timely manner 🙂

This promotion was annouced early in the morning the very day that it started.

ryjawar77
Great Citizen / Super Citoyen

I think it would be great if these promos were announced online in a timely manner 🙂

@Pizzaeh wrote:

@Pwr123 wrote:

I got an email saying I have it but it doesn’t show in my account

I read in another thread someone mentioned that the credit appeared in their account at 4am the following morning (after the text). So if you're up at that hour and want to watch it in real time...

That was me.  3 different referrals...  $25 credits all received at 4am the next morning.

I do not know of any e-mail of them informing you of any referral being done or $25 credit. These messages are sent by text messgae.  And because the $25 credits are deposited at 4am (eastern), the text messages telling you about it doesn't get sent out until 1pm (after the credits have been received).

The text messages telling you that a friend used you as a referral is either received immediately or at 12pm (eastern) the next day if the customer signed up late at night.

Pizzaeh

@Pwr123 wrote:

I got an email saying I have it but it doesn’t show in my account

I read in another thread someone mentioned that the credit appeared in their account at 4am the following morning (after the text). So if you're up at that hour and want to watch it in real time...

Need Help? Let's chat.