cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Share the love: get a $25 Credit for You and Your Friend by Referring them to Public Mobile

Alan_K
Deputy Mayor / Adjoint au Maire

*This offer has been extended to March 31, 2019.

*This offer is online-only.

Hey Community,

From February 14th until March 31st, 2019, you and your friend can each get a $25 credit when you refer them to Public Mobile and they activate online.

Get the full scoop below.

Taking advantage of this promo is easy. Just follow these steps:

As a Public Mobile customer you need to:

1. Be a good pal and refer a friend to Public Mobile.
  2. Tell your friend that they need to successfully activate online on a 30 or 90-day plan during the promotional period and include you as their referrer in order to be eligible for the promotion.
  3. The one-time $25 credit will be applied to your Self-Serve account within 72 hours of your friend’s online activation. In addition, you will continue to be eligible for the $1 referral credit off your monthly bill for as long as your friend stays with Public Mobile.

Your friend will need to:

1. Activate a Public Mobile SIM card online on any 30 or 90-day plan at activate.publicmobile.ca.
  2. Enter your active Public Mobile phone number on the referral page during the activation process. Be sure they enter your number and not their own so you get credit for the referral.
  3. The one-time $25 credit will be applied to their Self-Serve account within 72 hours of activation.

FAQs and terms and conditions are below. Happy referring!

-Public Mobile Community team

FAQs

Spoiler

Refer a Friend Promotion FAQs

1. If I am referred and then I refer a friend or family member am I eligible for both sender and receiver rewards?

Yes, you are. This means that you would receive one $25 credit for being referred. Then, after activating with Public Mobile, you are eligible to take part in this promotion as a referral sender and earn $25 Refer-a-Friend credits during the promotional period. Learn more here.

2.I am a Legacy customer. Am I eligible for these rewards?

Legacy customers are not eligible for rewards. However, Legacy customers’ referrals are eligible for this offer, and can receive a one-time $25 account credit.

To learn more about Reward eligibility and Rewards,visit publicmobile.ca/rewardrules . If you would like to take advantage of this promotional offer, our support team can help you switch your plan to one that is currently available.

3. As the referral receiver, am I eligible for the ongoing $10 Refer a Friend Reward credit, as well as this $25 Refer a Friend credit?

No, these credits are not stackable. Instead, you will receive a total of $25 via an account credit, rather than the ongoing $10 Refer-a-Friend Reward credit.

4. When does this promotion end?

This promotion will end March 31, 2019 11:59PM ET.

Terms and Conditions

Referral sender (current Public Mobile customer)

• All existing Refer a Friend eligibility requirements and rules apply. To learn more, visit publicmobile.ca/rewardrules.
  • While Legacy customers are not eligible for Public Mobile Refer a Friend rewards, Legacy customers’ referrals are eligible for this offer, and can receive a one-time $25 account credit.
  • You and your referee have to accept these terms to participate in the program.
  • You can only refer individuals with whom you have a personal or family relationship to ensure compliance with Canada's anti-spam legislation.  
  • You can’t refer yourself or an existing Public Mobile customer.
  • TELUS team members, contractors, sales representatives acting on TELUS's behalf and associates at retail locations who receive special pricing are excluded from this promotion.

Referral receiver (your friend)

• Must activate on a 30 or 90-day plan with Public Mobile.
  • You must input the referral information (referrer’s Public Mobile phone number) during your activation.
  • You and your referrer have to accept these terms to participate in the program.
  • After activating with Public Mobile, you are eligible to take part in this promotion as a referral sender.

OTHER

TELUS assumes no responsibility for lost, delayed, damaged or misdirected referrals or communications or for any failure of the website, for any problems or technical malfunction of any computer online systems, servers, access providers, computer equipment, software, failure of any e-mail or referral to be received by TELUS on account of technical problems or traffic congestion on the Internet or at any website, or any combination thereof including any injury or damage to your (or any other person's) computer related to or resulting from this program. TELUS reserves the right, at its sole discretion, to change, cancel or suspend this program should a virus, bug or other cause beyond the reasonable control of TELUS, corrupt the security or proper administration of the program or for any other reason. Referrals are subject to verification and will be declared invalid if they are illegible, unintelligible, falsified, altered or tampered with or unlawful in any way. Referrals submitted by unauthorized means will be disqualified. In the event that it has been determined that a referral has been made in a manner not sanctioned by these terms, you and all of you referrals will be disqualified from this program and any referral credits that have been awarded will be deducted. You agree to abide by the terms of this program and the decisions of the TELUS team, which are final. This program is subject to all applicable laws and regulations.

TELUS may end the promotion or change any of the terms at any time, without notice and without obligation to award any promotion.

PRIVACY

Your privacy is important to TELUS. We have a long-standing policy of protecting the privacy of our customers in all of our business operations. Please visit telus.com/privacy for more information on the principles that govern the collection, use and disclosure of personal information. These principles reflect our continuing commitment to protecting our customers' privacy.

460 REPLIES 460

Metal1967

@Pwr123 wrote:

I got an email saying I have it but it doesn’t show in my account

@Pwr123 

Can take upto 72 hrs...although usually shows next day

Pwr123
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

I got an email saying I have it but it doesn’t show in my account

CraftyFarmer

Signed up a referral, received a text message a few hours later that I had received the $25 credit, and my friend confirmed he also received the credit. Great incentive!

shalsap
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

Unfortunately, it can't be applied now since the account is already activated.

BarbP

Benefited from a friend referring me here, thanks for the bonus. 

That’s ok if you have write a message to the moderator @shalsap. They will help you and fix that for youSmiley Happy waiting time is few hours to 2 days.

shalsap

Hi,

I got my plan ($40/3G) activated just yesterday, and forgot to use my referral number code. Is there a way it could be applied now? Since I have the referral code, I really wish to use it for the credit. I also sent a message to the Moderator_team.

Thanks much.

Did you receive it finally @Pwr123 ?

Pwr123

Thanks for your help

@Pwr123 wrote:

How do you contact a moderator?

For this promo, Public Mobile is asking customers to expect to receive the $25 credit within 72 hours.

@Pwr123 Here https://productioncommunity.publicmobile.ca/t5/notes/composepage.  And write moderator_team in send to and give them explanation of your problem. Waiting time is few hours to 2 days. If you deserve the 25$ they will give it to you don’t worry 

Pwr123

How do you contact a moderator?

Pwr123

I signed up online

Sbrown917

Did you sign up online or in store?  The $25, correct me if I'm wrong, is online only.  I'd give it another day then reach out to a moderator here.

Good luck

Pwr123

I just signed up yesterday but I don’t see my 25 dollar refer a friend reward. Who should I contact?

@KharmaScribbles wrote:

I'm pretty certain I will be going with Public for my data needs... I am currently unconverted and would love anyone who needs a referral to send me the details I will need.

A few questions though:
Can I buy a SIM at Wal-Mart, but then take it home to activate online?

In order to take advantage of the $10 credit as well, I just need to activate a plan over $30 and attach auto-pay? Does a "Build your Own plan" over $30 qualify as well?

Hoping to get a referral to use for this weekend as I plan to purchase a plan by Sunday March 3rd 🙂

@KharmaScribbles  As per the promotion details, the $10x6 credits are applicable for any new customer activation on any $30+/30 day or $90+/90 day plan.  Honestly though, the premade plans are usually the best value for most people.

Walmart is supposed to sell sim cards for $10 without forcing you to activate there.  Some people have reported difficulties with some locations refusing to sell the sim card unless you activate in store.

Please note that the $25 bonus referral credit offer is only applicable for online/at-home activations.

Autopay is not required to get the $10 off x 6 months.  Autopay will get you a $2 discount and a bonus 0.5GB data bonus on specific plans with 3g data speeds.

KharmaScribbles

I'm pretty certain I will be going with Public for my data needs... I am currently unconverted and would love anyone who needs a referral to send me the details I will need.

A few questions though:
Can I buy a SIM at Wal-Mart, but then take it home to activate online?

In order to take advantage of the $10 credit as well, I just need to activate a plan over $30 and attach auto-pay? Does a "Build your Own plan" over $30 qualify as well?

Hoping to get a referral to use for this weekend as I plan to purchase a plan by Sunday March 3rd 🙂

Metal1967

@nam wrote:

i just avtivate a new line on february 26 2019 but i only receive 10 in my account and not 25

nor my friend receive any referal at all

why is like that is suppose to be 25

@nam 

Sounds like the activation was done instore.....25 was for online activation

eblundell

You only get the $25 credit if you do it online.. if he did it in the store then he only receives the $10 credit.

nam

i just avtivate a new line on february 26 2019 but i only receive 10 in my account and not 25

nor my friend receive any referal at all

why is like that is suppose to be 25

ruif71

It took a few days for me but had 2 $25.00 credits posted to my account.

Darren4

Thanks for info. 

@Dimplesmd143 wrote:

I have referred 2 people and have not got 25$  it a bad thing that we cant contact anyone to deal wit this.  Im still waiting

@Dimplesmd143, did these people activate online or in a retail store.  They must activate at online and not at a retail store.  Contact them and see if they got $10 or $25 for their referral credit.

I am happy to help, but I am not a Customer Support Agent please do not include any personal info in a message to me. Click HERE to create a trouble ticket through SIMon the Chatbot *

mimmo
Retired Oracle / Oracle Retraité

@Dimplesmd143  do the referal numbers show up in your rewards area?, did they sign up in store or onlne? 

Shadog1962

That might be true for where you live, but in New Minas, Nova Scotia I had no problem buying just the sim .

@Dimplesmd143 wrote:

I have referred 2 people and have not got 25$  it a bad thing that we cant contact anyone to deal wit this.  Im still waiting

The people to contact about this are the moderators (moderator_team) if it has been more than 72 hours since the online activation and referral.

https://productioncommunity.publicmobile.ca/t5/notes/composepage/note-to-user-id/22437

Dimplesmd143

ace_phone

In fact, that is what I ended up doing. Great minds think alike, they say. @stonechucker 

@ace_phone, in the three dot menu of the original post, there is an option to send by email to someone.  Why retype an SMS, when you can just send an email?

ace_phone

Gotta Love it!

Need Help? Let's chat.