cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Sept 23 - 28 FLASH SALE [Extended to Oct 1]: 2GB of monthly bonus data for free*

J_PM
Public Mobile
Public Mobile

Hey Community, 

Starting September 23 to October 1 at 11:59PM EST, new customers can get 2GB of monthly bonus data for free when they activate on plans $35 or higher with promo code 2GBBONUS

This offer is available to new customers who activate online only. Rules and conditions apply.

How to Get this Offer: 

1. Submit your email address here
  2. Receive the promo code via email 
  3. Activate on any plan $35 or higher online by October 1 using the promo code to redeem this offer.

Offer Details:

• Activate on any plan $35 or more using the promo code by October 1 and get a free 2GB recurring data bonus 
  • Offer available to new customers who activate online.
  • 2GB recurring data bonus will be applied to activations on $35, $40,  $50 and $70 rate plans with the use of the promo code. Offer excludes $15 and $25 rate plans. Bonus data will expire if the account becomes inactive or the rate plan is changed. 
  • Please note it may take up to 2 business days for bonus data to be applied. 
  • This promotion is not stackable with other in-market offers.

This offer is subject to change without notice.

How to Activate:

1. If you need to purchase a SIM card, click here to order a SIM card online through Public Mobile. Your SIM card will be shipped within 3 to 7 business days. You can also order your SIM card through Amazon, and choose your shipping speed. Alternatively, you can purchase a SIM card by locating a retailer near you. 
  2. Visit activate.publicmobile.ca to activate online.

To learn more about Public Mobile, click here.

- The Public Mobile Community Team

77 REPLIES 77

chipmunk
Great Citizen / Super Citoyen

@darlicious wrote:

@chipmunk 

Interesting....I could see the reward not showing up immediately while in expired status but that is an assumption and for you an unlucky coincidence but that doesn't mean you are not still owed the $1 reward. With the changes and corrections of glitches surrounding referral rewards in the past year or so this is the current pattern for acknowledging referral rewards....

1. The $1 reward shows up in the reward section of your account immediately after activation.
  2. If the activation was completed after 9pm eastern the rewards text would not be sent out until noon eastern the next day.(*see below)
  3. Rewards texts are now being sent out at 2pm eastern. Whatever has changed with this deadline has moved rewards texts forward by 12 hours.

A recent activation I did at 11pm pt had the Cha-ching text delayed by 36 hours coming in at 11am pt the following day. This is when I found out that the timing of 11pm>>36hrs>>11am was coincidental and all Cha-ching texts are now being sent at 2pm eastern.

I would expect you to receive your Cha-ching text tomorrow at 11am (2pm et). By then your friend should be able to confirm receiving the $10 bonus referral credit in their account. Once both of those confirmations are made you can contact customer support to have the $1 reward applied manually to your account balance. A quirk of timing indeed but still rightfully earned within the time frame specified. You have access to a copy of the successful activation completion time if necessary.

So, just concluding this. The rewards and bonus ended up not being applied automatically. While they did not provide an explanation (I didn't ask specifically...) the CSA applied all missing parts manually to the according accounts. Super fast too: everything was settled within 30 minutes after creating a ticket.

Thanks again to everybody for their help and insights. You rock!

@Anonymous , @esjliv , @walker1 , @darlicious 

@chipmunk 

Interesting....I could see the reward not showing up immediately while in expired status but that is an assumption and for you an unlucky coincidence but that doesn't mean you are not still owed the $1 reward. With the changes and corrections of glitches surrounding referral rewards in the past year or so this is the current pattern for acknowledging referral rewards....

1. The $1 reward shows up in the reward section of your account immediately after activation.
  2. If the activation was completed after 9pm eastern the rewards text would not be sent out until noon eastern the next day.(*see below)
  3. Rewards texts are now being sent out at 2pm eastern. Whatever has changed with this deadline has moved rewards texts forward by 12 hours.

A recent activation I did at 11pm pt had the Cha-ching text delayed by 36 hours coming in at 11am pt the following day. This is when I found out that the timing of 11pm>>36hrs>>11am was coincidental and all Cha-ching texts are now being sent at 2pm eastern.

I would expect you to receive your Cha-ching text tomorrow at 11am (2pm et). By then your friend should be able to confirm receiving the $10 bonus referral credit in their account. Once both of those confirmations are made you can contact customer support to have the $1 reward applied manually to your account balance. A quirk of timing indeed but still rightfully earned within the time frame specified. You have access to a copy of the successful activation completion time if necessary.

chipmunk

@Anonymous 

For whatever reason I'd have expected the "plan expired" note showing up at 9:00pm PT / midnight ET, but I did't think much about it at 7:45pm PT, knowing that it was part of the renewal process. I usually add funds a few days early and then just let the system do its thing. Copy-paste of the referral code should not be a problem, even during the renewal process, IMO.

We're not in a rush - our renewals are October 31 and November 1 respectively. And I don't believe in tying up CSA time for no good reason (unlike that copy-paste wall of words plastered all over, which seems to send everybody and their dog to customer service, even if it's a simple question that can be answered conclusively by the community???).

So we intend to wait a few days to see if the system recovers. And then we hope that a CSA can help, if necessary.

Not sure if this will be the right place for updates down the line? In the meantime - thank you to @walker1 , @esjliv  and @Anonymous  for the help and insights.

Edited for clarity...

Anonymous
Not applicable

@chipmunk wrote:

@Anonymous 

Do you even read the posts you are hitting reply on??? You've just wasted your time and mine with this wall of words that does NOT answer my question.*

I'm sure I'm not the only one who'd like to get a quality reply over a "copy-paste anything that MIGHT be remotely relevant".

Wow. Even a non-regular can see through the nonsense.

As for the quirk of timing, I've not heard of that before. I know referrals can't be done when suspended. But maybe there's yet another timeframe (Plan Expired) where the code goes through but the $1 isn't applied. iirc a suspended code would error out but I may very well be wrong. I wonder if your friend were to leave it alone and wait out the 3 days (usually overnight) to see if the $10 appears.

chipmunk

@esjliv 

Oh, forgot about the SMS - I think I got one for my first referral in spring. But not for the more recent (mid of August). Both are properly applied to my account.

We'll see about consistency. From all I've read that can be a bit hit and miss in the PM system? 😉

@chipmunk wrote:

So my friend signed up for this just under the wire (8pm PDT yesterday). 

If this activation happened last night, and your referral code was successfully added, then expect to get the Cha-ching text later today:

"Cha-ching! You just added to your Refer A Friend Reward - way to go! Keep referring to earn more."

I know these are currently being sent; are they being sent consistently, that I do not know.

But, if you do not see any text by the end of today, get your friend ready to send in a ticket 😒

chipmunk

@esjliv 

Agreed. I think it didn't show in the "you have successfully activated" screen. But I'm not sure if we have a screen shot of the according part of the activation screen (step 3? or 4?).

@chipmunk wrote:

@Anonymous 

Yes, we were done and dusted by 8:05pm PDT, including print-out of the information. Unless I'm missing something, that should still qualify for the bonus and should not have influenced rewards. but apparently it did. I'm still only seeing my previous referrals (double checked number of referrals in the list with the last four digits - his is distinctly different and doesn't show.)

My referral code doesn't have any ambiguous characters, but I still prefer copy paste. Just in case.

@chipmunk , you're right it should be near immediate.

It is possible it could 'catch up', but maybe this IS a hiccup.

It would be nice if the person activating got some kind of verification email/message after the activation is complete showing the REFERRAL CODE they used. This would be a nice record to have.

chipmunk

@Anonymous 

Yes, we were done and dusted by 8:05pm PDT, including print-out of the information. Unless I'm missing something, that should still qualify for the bonus and should not have influenced rewards. but apparently it did. I'm still only seeing my previous referrals (double checked number of referrals in the list with the last four digits - his is distinctly different and doesn't show.)

My referral code doesn't have any ambiguous characters, but I still prefer copy paste. Just in case.

Anonymous
Not applicable

@chipmunk 

as i say> if still not fix it you have to Contact Customer Support Agent by  ,

if you don't getting help for my post you just ignore,

i missing to put it is not you have to contact to CSA, your friend have to contact to CSA, who own a account have to contact to CSA,

chipmunk

@Anonymous 

Do you even read the posts you are hitting reply on??? You've just wasted your time and mine with this wall of words that does NOT answer my question.*

I'm sure I'm not the only one who'd like to get a quality reply over a "copy-paste anything that MIGHT be remotely relevant".

*  I think I displayed a certain amount of knowledge of how the rewards work. 

I mentioned that my plan has renewed properly, so no need for the "renewal trouble shoot paragraph".

I don't see where I asked about HOW to contact the CSA. I wondered WHO should do it (my friend, as others have pointed out)...

Anonymous
Not applicable

@chipmunk : It's an interesting quirk of timing. Did you in fact _complete_ the activation before 9 PT? And into this morning you're still not seeing the $1? (or added)

Good to do the copy/paste because sometimes transcribing could confuse an oh for a zero for example.

@chipmunk wrote:

@esjliv 

I do understand how the renewal process works (and it did so properly). And how the rewards SHOULD be applied. The question was more if both my friend and I are being punished for the bad timing (which would suck).

I'll have my friend contact the moderators if things are not resolved in a couple of days. If you don't ask the answer will always be "no"...

@chipmunk - absolutely No, neither of your should be punished, that is for sure. 🙂

Yes, your Friend needs to be the one to contact Customer Support Agents to set things straight.

chipmunk

@esjliv 

I do understand how the renewal process works (and it did so properly). And how the rewards SHOULD be applied. The question was more if both my friend and I are being punished for the bad timing (which would suck).

I'll have my friend contact the moderators / CSA if things are not resolved in a couple of days. If you don't ask the answer will always be "no"...

@chipmunk wrote:

So my friend signed up for this just under the wire (8pm PDT yesterday). We copy-pasted the referral code from my account which renewed last night and already said "plan expired" when I logged in.

I understand that my friend's $10 might take up to 72 hours to appear, but on a previous referral my $1 immediately showed up in my account. Which is not the case this time.

Is it because of that "plan expired" note (my account never stopped working and renewed properly overnight)? Can this be amended by a CSA - if so, who needs to initiate the conversation? Or are we both just SOL because of bad timing between the two accounts? 

@chipmunk 

This is your account going through the normal renewal process.

Your renewal Should NOT affect your rewards, or your friend from getting the $10 rewards.

But who knows.

Check under your My Rewards section. You should see the $1 reward there, and when you expand on the ARROW pointing to the right, you should see your friend's 4 digit phone number listed there.

esjliv_0-1627344347465.png

Keep an eye out, and if after 72 hours your friend does not see the $10 (nor you the $1) have your friend inquire with CSA and provide your referral code to check on things.

@Anonymous   Sorry, what?  😁

Edit

@chipmunk   Have your friend use the chat bubble at the page bottom right corner to get a ticket for help with that.

They'll fix all that stuff up.

Anonymous
Not applicable

@chipmunk 

for Friend Referral you will earn $1 every 30 days for each friend you refer to Public Mobile who enters your unique referral code in the referral code box during activation. Plus, your friend will receive a one-time credit of $10. they will applied within 72hr,,,

for "plan expired" try this,

1. Add Funds to your Plan Amount through Self Serve  
  2. Go to “Plan and Add-Ons” TAB
  3. Select "Lost/Stolen Phone" TAB
  4. Select "Suspend Service" BUTTON
  5. Then, Select Resume/Reactivate Service
  6. Reboot your phone.
  7. what is mean for Rebooting the phone means to turn off your phone about 2 minutes and turn it back on.

if still not fix it who own a account have to Contact Customer Support Agent by  ,and Explain your issue to they can solve your issue, they are nice Service Team they will help you 100%.

Here’s How To Contact Customer Support Agent by CS_Agent,

• you can send a private message to Customer Support Agent by CS_Agent, by Click Here link,
  • You’ll need to be logged in to your Community account for the link to work.

• please include in your message,
  • your account number, 
  • your phone number,
  • your account 4 digit pin,
  • your Email address,

• Customer Support Agent by CS_Agent, will Response to your inbox by private message 
  • During business hours, we strive to answer customer messages swiftly. You will often get an answer within an hour. During peak periods, you may need to wait up to 48 hours.Customer Support Agents are available:
    • Monday to Sunday: 6 AM to 10 PM EST

Check your private message inbox (click on the envelope top right of your screen)

Good Luck..

chipmunk

So my friend signed up for this just under the wire (8pm PDT yesterday). We copy-pasted the referral code from my account which renewed last night and already said "plan expired" when I logged in.

I understand that my friend's $10 might take up to 72 hours to appear, but on a previous referral my $1 immediately showed up in my account. Which is not the case this time.

Is it because of that "plan expired" note (my account never stopped working and renewed properly overnight)? Can this be amended by a CSA - if so, who needs to initiate the conversation? Or are we both just SOL because of bad timing between the two accounts? 

@computergeek541   I already know that, so I'll activate another account and still get the targeted promo.  Moreyummy can do that too if they play their cards right.

Spoiler

@Quigley wrote:

@MoreYummy   You should submit a new email address for this current promotion and you just might get an email back in the future for a special promo just for you, for a $25 plan. I did 😁

you seriouls?  in future.... 🙂  How about now?  need to create more account

@Quigley wrote:

@MoreYummy   You should submit a new email address for this current promotion and you just might get an email back in the future for a special promo just for you, for a $25 plan. I did 😁

The targetted offers that Public Mobile sends out to new customers who sign up for e-mailed promotion alert have, always up until now, only applied to people who activate a new account.  Unofrutnately, you wouldn't be able to get the proomotion by simply continuing with your current Public Mobile service.

Anonymous
Not applicable

@MoreYummy wrote:

Any bonus for $15 or $25 plan in future? 🙂

taht would be great!  😁

Ah rats...my crystal ball's on the fritz again. Sorry ...can't help you. 🙂

@MoreYummy wrote:

taht would be great!  😁

I would say that bonus data (especially recurring) would be unlikely at those price points.  Usually, the best that new customers can hope for on those plans is a one-tine credit equivalent to the plan price.

taht would be great!  😁

Anonymous
Not applicable

@RjanTumamang wrote:

I activated an account yesterday but I didn't get that promo. I went to the store and had the retailer help me activate the account. How do I go about to getting the additional 2gb? Thanks

@RjanTumamang 

that promo is only for online but i see they another customer when contact to CSA, they will can Add for them, give them try,

Explain your issue to Contact Customer Support Agent by  ,
they can solve your issue, they are nice Service Team they will help you 100%.

Here’s How To Contact Customer Support Agent by CS_Agent,

• you can send a private message to Customer Support Agent by CS_Agent, by Click Here link,
  • You’ll need to be logged in to your Community account for the link to work.

• please include in your message,
  • your account number, 
  • your phone number,
  • your account 4 digit pin,
  • your Email address,

• Customer Support Agent by CS_Agent, will Response to your inbox by private message 
  • During business hours, we strive to answer customer messages swiftly. You will often get an answer within an hour. During peak periods, you may need to wait up to 48 hours.Customer Support Agents are available:
    • Monday to Sunday: 6 AM to 10 PM EST

Check your private message inbox (click on the envelope top right of your screen)

Good Luck...

RjanTumamang
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

I activated an account yesterday but I didn't get that promo. I went to the store and had the retailer help me activate the account. How do I go about to getting the additional 2gb? Thanks

ad22
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

It's great that such promos exist for new customers, I just wish there were something like this for current loyal customers. When I switched to public mobile in 2020, there was no such offer and it feels like I am missing out for activating at that time.

LeePublic
Deputy Mayor / Adjoint au Maire

Promo keeps on living! Extended to October 1st! 

@Ac56 

48 hours is worst case scenario it usually under an hour. Keep in mind landlines can take up to 7 days to port over though the aim is 2 days. Who are you porting from? If after 2 days your landline is still active you can call porting department to see how it's progressing.

Need Help? Let's chat.