Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Model Citizen / Citoyen Modèle

Re: Select ready-made plans expiring April 22nd

@ShawnC13 wrote:

@AE_Collector wrote:

@dumbdobie1 wrote:

It's been a good run. I suggest everyone lock in their plans now, those plans are a great value.

That’s the frustrating thing! I switched to PM in December because it is so easy to switch plans every 30 data! I need much more data in the June-Sept cabin (no wifi) time frame but much less the rest of the year. Started on 1/2 gig that quickly became 1 gig and was going to do 5 gig through summer. I can switch a little early to 5 gig now but there won’t be a 1 gig $25-30 plan to come back to. Frustrating. But, I suspect more plans will be launched soon. Maybe roll over data? Or free 2G speedwhen 3G or LTE data is used up for the month? Terry

I owuld lock in that 5GB plan now a month earlier than you expected and like you said just figure it out when you don't need as much data.  Better to have the extra data than have to pay the add-on price

Agreed, that’s the only logical thing to do at the moment. See what September brings! 

Meanwhike, I was hoping they might run a long weekend new customer promo for new customers!

Known this would expire, I poped in the mall to WOW Mobile. The guy doesn't want to honor the $0 SIM with in store activation policy. He said I could go Walmart for free SIM. So I went there the next evening, got it for free with in store activation. Picked up a random number, got home, ported existing Rogers number, which was successfully done in 25 minutes. Everything work very well.

Deputy Mayor / Adjoint au Maire

Hi

I believe that data addon is rollover already

Another way of spreading your data over longer period is to go with 90 day plans, but they don't seem to be as attractive these days, who knows maybe that's what's coming just before summer.

In your place i would play safe and transfer now, it's 15, not such a huge amount and it does give you much more, can only compare it to fido 3gb dataonly for $15 or freedom 4g dataonly for $15. Pm beats fido in numbers and beats freedommobile in availability of network. And on top of it if you manages to get some referrals or if you enjoy coming here and helping others you can make it even cheaper

Cheers

It just sunk in that the $35 1GB (plus 1/2 GB Autopay bonus) plan isn’t expiring.

So the remaining 3G Data / Talk / Text Plans will be:

- $15 unlimited text / 100 minutes talk / Unlimited Text / 250 MB Data

- $35 unlimited text / unlimited Canada Talk / 1GB Data + 500mb Autopay Bonus

- $45 unlimited text / unlimited Canada Talk / 6GB Data + 500mb Autopay Bonus.

- $50 unlimited text / unlimited Canada Talk / 8GB Data + 500mb Autopay Bonus.

Did I miss any?

Maybe they are going to relaunch $40 with only 4 GB and change $35 from 1 to 2 GB. Maybe also relaunch $30 1GB. Why cancel instead of just changing to get 1, 2, 4, 6, 8GB plans? Because the $25 1GB plan is going up in price and the $40 4GB plan is losing a bit of data. So, cancel them and relaunch them soon after. Just thinking out loud.....

I see that I messed that up. The $45 plan will be gone as well leaving just:

- $15 unlimited text / 100 minutes Canada Talk / 250 MB Data

- $35 unlimited text / unlimited Canada Talk / 1GB Data + 500mb Autopay Bonus

- $50 unlimited text / unlimited Canada Talk / 8GB Data + 500mb Autopay Bonus

Looking at it that way it is a very limited selection which makes me think that more plans will be along soon to fill in the holes. I’m still hoping for this below to make their offerings “logical” again. Each of the cancelled plans would be cancelled and then relaunched to avoid the complaining about $5 increase or 1/2 GB reduction.

$30 / 1 GB - Cancel old $25 plan to bump price back to $30

$35 / 2 GB - Existing plan remains and gets bumped to 2 GB from 1 GB

$40 / 4 GB - Cancel old plan and relaunch with only 4 GB rather than 4.5 GB

$45 / 6 GB - Cancel old plan and relaunch with only 6 GB rather than 6.5 GB

$50 / 8 GB - Existing plan remains unchanged at 8 GB

Dreaming?

Terry

Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

I'm flip flopping between the $25 / 1gb plan and $40 / 5gb plan.

My renewal date is April 26.  Plans expire April 22.

Here's my plan:

Currently on the $40 plan.  Can I future date a change to the $25 plan (thereby locking it in)?

And THEN...I'd have from April 22-April 25 (the 3 days between the plan expiry and my renewal date) to see what they replace the plans with.  I could then either cancel my future dated request and keep the $40 plan or follow through and keep the $25 plan.

Am I missing anything?

Mayor / Maire

@MrYeuk wrote:

I'm flip flopping between the $25 / 1gb plan and $40 / 5gb plan.

My renewal date is April 26.  Plans expire April 22.

Here's my plan:

Currently on the $40 plan.  Can I future date a change to the $25 plan (thereby locking it in)?

And THEN...I'd have from April 22-April 25 (the 3 days between the plan expiry and my renewal date) to see what they replace the plans with.  I could then either cancel my future dated request and keep the $40 plan or follow through and keep the $25 plan.

Am I missing anything?

Nope!!Smiley Happy

Mayor / Maire

@MrYeuk 

That approach would work.  You can cancel plan change before your actual renewal date.  

Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

I can not send the picture message by $25plan.

Text is ok but photo is not working.

Deputy Mayor / Adjoint au Maire

@Vancouguy wrote:

I can not send the picture message by $25plan.

Text is ok but photo is not working.

See this post by @Dunkman ....

https://productioncommunity.publicmobile.ca/t5/Getting-Started/MMS-won-t-send-picture-texts/m-p/2711...