cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Model Citizen / Citoyen Modèle

Re: Select ready-made plans expiring April 22nd

@z10user4 wrote:

@duffer900 wrote:

Just a thought, isn't this discount offer due to a CRTC ruling forcing them to provide it?

Ha ha ha CRTC forcing good one ahh good times Smiley Happy

Yeah, I know... was hard to type that without laughing my butt off.... Smiley Tongue

Great Citizen / Super Citoyen

I'm converting my mother in-laws phone and she'd like to take advantage of the $25 1GB @ 3G.

She still has time on her virgin mobile contract, is it possible to activate her sim and start her new account, and port her virgin phone number over a little bit later?

If she kills the virgin account early she has to pay a penalty. Smiley Sad

Town Hero / Héro de la Ville

@acmethod wrote:

I'm converting my mother in-laws phone and she'd like to take advantage of the $25 1GB @ 3G.

She still has time on her virgin mobile contract, is it possible to activate her sim and start her new account, and port her virgin phone number over a little bit later?

You could activate the SIM for the $25 plan, but it has to be before the end of April 22nd.  As for whether to port her line sooner rather than later, that depends on how much the penalty amount is, and whether in the long run will it save $$$.  If you don't mind sharing, how much is the penaly and what is she paying with Virgin per month for what data/talk/text amounts?

Mayor / Maire

@acmethod wrote:

@acmethod I highly doubt it.  Carriers have not been allowed to charge cancellation or early contract termination fees for a few years now.  All they can do is charge you for any device purchase balance that may be outstanding.

>>> ALERT: I am not a moderator. For account or activation assistance, please click here.
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

Yes, you can activate with Public Mobile now, and when you're ready to port her number you can do so through self-serve in the account.  Once you login there's an option under My Profile to change number.  It walks you through the steps and is very simple to do.  You will need the account number or device IMEI or account PIN#  with Virgin, and the name of the account holder. Just be sure to check the box that says you are authorized to change the number.  

I just did the same since I had a large balance on my prepaid account with PC Mobile, and ported the number once I had used most of it up.  Just remember the Virgin account must still be active when you port the number!

@6500K wrote:

@mimmo wrote:

@z10user4 wrote:

@Luddite and @mimmo. There is only 1 plan for $25 with data. All the plans mentioned would be talk/text/data.

Just sayin' Smiley Happy

@z10user4  there is officially no 25$ plan with 1gb of data. The $25 plan comes with only 500mb of data and if you enable autopay you get a bonus of 500mb. 

Also 1gb is 1024mb where as 500mb +500mb =1000mb 

Yes you are right there is only 1 $25 plan with data, but just saying let's be precise in exactly what is being announced/advertised, as some people are more picky with details than others. 

I agree with @mimmo - in business, as well as any other time, the terms should be as clear as possible so that there is no ambiguity or confusion.  It is just good sense to have clear communication.

I agree as well. Not 100% clear as anyone who isn’t using autopay isn’t on any of the discontinued plans quoted. A little picky but not clear and concise.

@z10user4 wrote:

@mimmo wrote:

@z10user4 wrote:

@Luddite and @mimmo. There is only 1 plan for $25 with data. All the plans mentioned would be talk/text/data.

Just sayin' Smiley Happy

@z10user4  there is officially no 25$ plan with 1gb of data. The $25 plan comes with only 500mb of data and if you enable autopay you get a bonus of 500mb. 

Also 1gb is 1024mb where as 500mb +500mb =1000mb 

Yes you are right there is only 1 $25 plan with data, but just saying let's be precise in exactly what is being announced/advertised, as some people are more picky with details than others. 

There is no precision required when it's all of one possibility. If there was some kind ambiguity then sure.

And if you really wanna get carried away with technical specifics, what would commonly be referred to as 1GB is commonly known as 1,000,000,000 bytes. But if you actually want to be properly binary about it, the number comes to 1,073,741,824 (or 2³º)

There's just one $25 plan with data...no need to ask for any clarity.

But there is another 1gb plan. It’s $35 and also comes with 1/2 gig bonus data if on autopay.

Model Citizen / Citoyen Modèle

@mojorising wrote:

@stonechucker wrote:

@homer wrote:

Just read through the ToS and found the answer of this question: 

@Alan_K wrote:

Will I keep the same plan forever? Will my plan change?

Public Mobile has the right to change any of the terms of service, including rates, without notice. Changes become effective thirty days after being posted at publicmobile.ca/plans 

They can create or end the availability of any promo or inmarket plan whenever they want, without any warning.  It’s when they change your active plan (or to be renewed or reactivated plan) they give notice, and the change applies 30 days later.

I don't think I like the sound of this where they can jack up the price of your current plan or  change it to the current equivalent plan. I shall see how it goes as I stay with PM.

If am afraid if you don't like the Sound of this then you can not have cell phone service in Canada because that clause exist with almost all service Providers in Canada. However in General Telus Group of companies don't normally jack up prices on existing plans. They have done it but they are least likely to Start the Price Jacking.

@dumbdobie1 wrote:

It's been a good run. I suggest everyone lock in their plans now, those plans are a great value.

That’s the frustrating thing! I switched to PM in December because it is so easy to switch plans every 30 data! I need much more data in the June-Sept cabin (no wifi) time frame but much less the rest of the year. Started on 1/2 gig that quickly became 1 gig and was going to do 5 gig through summer. I can switch a little early to 5 gig now but there won’t be a 1 gig $25-30 plan to come back to. Frustrating. But, I suspect more plans will be launched soon. Maybe roll over data? Or free 2G speedwhen 3G or LTE data is used up for the month? Terry

Oracle

@AE_Collector wrote:

@dumbdobie1 wrote:

It's been a good run. I suggest everyone lock in their plans now, those plans are a great value.

That’s the frustrating thing! I switched to PM in December because it is so easy to switch plans every 30 data! I need much more data in the June-Sept cabin (no wifi) time frame but much less the rest of the year. Started on 1/2 gig that quickly became 1 gig and was going to do 5 gig through summer. I can switch a little early to 5 gig now but there won’t be a 1 gig $25-30 plan to come back to. Frustrating. But, I suspect more plans will be launched soon. Maybe roll over data? Or free 2G speedwhen 3G or LTE data is used up for the month? Terry

I owuld lock in that 5GB plan now a month earlier than you expected and like you said just figure it out when you don't need as much data.  Better to have the extra data than have to pay the add-on price

* I am happy to help, but I am not a MOD please do not include any personal info in a private message to me, click here to private message a Moderator *